It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars? Amazing photos from NASA probe reveal image of mystery figure on Red Planet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Life on Mars? Amazing photos from NASA probe reveal image of mystery figure on Red Planet

www.dailymail.co.uk

Images beamed back from Mars would suggest so - although to sceptics, it could just be a strange rock formation.

Nasa's Mars Explorer Spirit sent back images from the surface of the Red Planet four years ago, and there was initial disappointment among scientists that they lacked any signs of life.

But space and science fiction enthusiasts are convinced there is more than meets the eye, and after years of studying the images, have found what appears to be an alien figure walking downhill.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The discovery of the life-like figure ambling across the surface of the planet is likely to further boost intrigue in our nearest neighbouring planet.

Wow look at those images; please click on the link to see them

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I will add one of those images here

Check this out; I am pretty sure we got something precious here

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

That is interesting. It looks a lot like bigfoot in that popular bigfoot footage.

For comparison sake...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Karlhungis]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
seems intresting you can make out a head and the shape of an arm on the link provided am gona hold my breath on it tho to me it could be just another rock behind it or even a shadow casting. Still pretty weird though

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
What the devil is the scale of the image? How big is the apparent figure?

On a related note, anyone got a link to that amazing video of rover vs. mars monster?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'm with an earlier poster. It's Sasquatch!

No, seriously, I think it's just a weird rock formation. It's the same color as the rocks in front of it.

Or maybe it's a Martian sleestak. I don't know.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Unless I see evidence of it moving I'd say it's just a boring old simulacra - a natural object that to human eyes appears vaguely human (we have an natural tendency to imagine human features where none really exist - see for example those on Fortean Times www.forteantimes.com... )

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Took me a bit, but I found a link to the original HiRes pic from NASA here. It appears the news articles are using snippets from the original picture - at the original resolution. I can't get the picture any more detailed then the news article has.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Unless I see evidence of it moving I'd say it's just a boring old simulacra - a natural object that to human eyes appears vaguely human (we have an natural tendency to imagine human features where none really exist - see for example those on Fortean Times www.forteantimes.com... )

May be; the image in question has something which looks very similar to a human body. 99 out of 100 can figure out there is something very similar to a human body sitting on that rock. Some experts here on ATS could explain it better

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Imo, they are just rock formations. Still pretty cool.

Btw, this was already discussed a few weeks ago...
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hey that was discovered here on ATS a month or so back....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a few more things to be found, and I have found another figure in the pic actually looking at the others on the ridge, I'll post it later.

watchZEITGEISTnow

[edit on 22-1-2008 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
There was a large discussion recently on ATS about this very picture and specifically that exact anomoly. Hard to tell whether it's just shadows playing tricks... but I've always thought it was very proportionate to the size and shape of a 'humanoid' type being -- and certainly looks quite odd.

But to tell you the truth... I'm even more suprised at the fact that this sort of thing is actually being covered on such mainstream media. Great to see in my opinion -- very interesting.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
here it is wouldn't let me upload on my last edit......

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have seen a few photos at another forum that NASA had that shows wood on mars, It also show seashells on mars. So at one time there was life. There also is one photo that seems to show a space shuttle. In another you can see a disc shape in the snow, so yes I have a strange feeling there is life there.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Someone abandoned a copy of Rodin's "The Thinker" out there on the Martian escarpment...

Actually what's most interesting is that this article most likely was developed from the ATS thread people have mentioned earlier. Nice to see us generating news as well as analyzing it!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
But look at the scale of the thing, its not that far in the distance, it must be only a couple of inches high .... if that !

apc

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So is it just wearing a big rocky hoop skirt? Or did it just have some sort of teleporting accident? It looks to be stuck between a rock and a... rock.

I'm waiting for one of these gorignaks to come up and wave to the camera. Until then the comparison to Bigfoot is probably pretty accurate.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

If I was a semi inteligent reporter that wanted to have a good shot at a great story I would have been lurking over this site a long time ago ..
Of course most of us are labeled conspiracy nuts etc, but it only takes 1 hit to win the pulitzer

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The figure is actually a rock that is about 5m away from the rover. This got debunked in the Alien/ufo section about 1 month ago....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join