It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do Ghosts Go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This has plagued my mind for a while now.

I have watched many Paranormal shows and some of late I have noticed that they attempt to, or claim to succeed in ridding the haunted area of the qhosts) in question.

Where do the ghost go once they are supposedly banished from an area.

If a ghost is on this plane and has not crossed over for what ever reason, this could account for some of the occurrences, but not all.

If a ghost haunts a particular area for a reason, why would they leave. It would seem in some sense that this would be a valid reason for a person to linger in a 'ghostly' state after death, but if so, why not continue to stay in that area.

A persons request that they leave would hardly constitute a reason for leaving a place in which must have great significance as they have chosen to stay in even after death.

I do not want to confuse the issue with 'helping' a spirit cross over, that has its own basis.

Where do they go? Do they find another area to haunt? Or do they just relinquish their hold on this plane and 'automatically' cross over.

This tends to be my theory as it would fit nicely as to why there isn't an 'over population' of ghost running around. With this I deduct there would be sightings by everyone, everyday, which does not appear to be the case.

I realize a fact based answer is not probable, but your suggestions are welcome.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Fascinating questions Grailkeeper.

As you said no one can know the answer for sure, but if I was to hazarrd a guess...

I think the reason why all the dead don't become ghosts is because a lot take the opportunity to go into the light at the time of death. And therefore pass on to where ever the dead are supposed to go.

Ghosts could be the doubters.....Those who don't believe they have died at the time of death and who see the light and think it's something dangerous and therefore run from it instead of towards it.

Maybe it's like a Stargate...Once a ghost misses the opportunity to pass through, it might have to wait for another chance?
Or maybe there is no second chance unless someone summons it up for them?

Maybe that's what Clairvoyants/Psychics do? Summon up another portal/ make the light re-appear?

Maybe the ghosts knows from wandering aimlessly around for god knows how long, that another chance has come for them to enter the light and go where the dead is supposed to go?

Sorry for all the MAYBE's ..

I also just realised that I never answered where I think ghosts and the dead go to.

Religious people would say Heaven, Hell or Limbo or Pergatory depending on their life deeds and also depending on said religious persons religious beliefs.
(Different religions believe different things)

Some also say that the dead go into Eternal Sleep and are only awakened if they are worthy.

Could be the reason why so many ghosts don't go into this light at the time of death?? Maybe they sense this and prefer to walk the earth as ghost than be annihilated?

Sorry, more questions than answers...Hmmmmm

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Flighty]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Nice reply Flighty

Ghosts could be the doubters.....Those who don't believe they have died at the time of death and who see the light and think it's something dangerous and therefore run from it instead of towards it.

I think that could be a probable assumption.

Who knows how you think when you die... or if you can even think.

My question was not so much where to ghost/dead people go when they die, but more so where they go when they are banished from a location.

If not going 'into the light/portal', do they congregate somewhere else.

I was thinking that if as many ghosts as purported have been 'relocated' from one location, do they continue on to haunt somewhere else?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
“Where do Ghosts Go?” well firstly ghosts don’t exist…..but let’s just say for arguments sake they do…… I’m guessing they’d teleport to another dimension…..or another world, or another part of this world….

And seeing how they are dead…….and they don’t breath at all or feel any sort of temperature: hot, cold etc, I guess they could go into space……travel about the universe…..

Maybe the aliens we hear about are just dead aliens from other planets…..which could explain the disappearing and reappearing routine….

And seeing how we have no idea how ghosts bodies work……it’s basically impossible to determine how they travel, how fast they travel, etc……

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
When we die, our souls (also referred to as our Celestial Energy) go to the Spirit Realm. The Spirit Realm is also referred to by many as "Heaven" or "Hell" but it's actually just the opposite of the Physical Realm. The Spirit Realm is made up of many different "locations" to which one may travel. Those who are considered Vile by our Heavenly Father go to Hell. This is the Abyss spoken of in the Scriptures. Complete darkness, solitude and separation from God.

The Spiritual Realm exists all around us all the time. Only from time to time are we able to catch glimpses of it and capture evidence that it truly does exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
“Where do Ghosts Go?” well firstly ghosts don’t exist…..but let’s just say for arguments sake they do…… I’m guessing they’d teleport to another dimension…..or another world, or another part of this world….

And seeing how they are dead…….and they don’t breath at all or feel any sort of temperature: hot, cold etc, I guess they could go into space……travel about the universe…..

Maybe the aliens we hear about are just dead aliens from other planets…..which could explain the disappearing and reappearing routine….

And seeing how we have no idea how ghosts bodies work……it’s basically impossible to determine how they travel, how fast they travel, etc……

Fist of all, saying ghosts don't exist is not respectful for those who have had true, authentic experiences with spirits. If you have to say something like that, just put yourself in a neutral position since you don't know (for certain and as a fact) that ghosts don't exist.

Secondly, you stated that ghosts have a body, which is incorrect unless your talking about when they manifest into their past self, which would not be physical though. And I believe since they are of a higher dimension, we don't know the capabilities of their speed or if speed is even a factor. Maybe they can teleport from one place to another.

Thee are a couple of other things I could rant about in your post, but I'll just keep that to myself.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Fist of all, saying ghosts don't exist is not respectful for those who have had true, authentic experiences with spirits.

First off, I don’t really care about being respectful…lol, there is no scientific evidence to prove their existence…..if you want to go into a deep debate about the proof for their existence, I don’t really care what you bring to the table, because what ever you do bring up, it would have already be cross referenced by scientists and either proven to be real or debunked and by some small chance it is proven real, it would then be mainstream and I don’t remember scientists coming out on the news saying ghosts exist…..lol

If you have to say something like that, just put yourself in a neutral position since you don't know (for certain and as a fact) that ghosts don't exist.

From my above comment, I’ve shown that they certainly don’t……

Secondly, you stated that ghosts have a body, which is incorrect unless your talking about when they manifest into their past self, which would not be physical though. And I believe since they are of a higher dimension, we don't know the capabilities of their speed or if speed is even a factor. Maybe they can teleport from one place to another.

LOL, don’t call my theory wrong, when your evidence against my theory, is just your own theory……lol………

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

First off, I don’t really care about being respectful…lol,

T&C states something about 'being respectful'.... might want to look into that

there is no scientific evidence to prove their existence…..

Nor is there evidence to prove they don't exist.

There are countless occurrences that 'Science' cannot explain, because it can't be explained... should it not exist?

....From my above comment, I’ve shown that they certainly don’t……

IMO, not in the slightest.

LOL, don’t call my theory wrong, when your evidence against my theory, is just your own theory……lol………

This statement doesn't read as a 'Theory'...

I appreciate your views but the topic would be for those who believe in ghosts/spirits... pretty self evident.

Just to reiterate from my opening...

I realize a fact based answer is not probable, but your suggestions are welcome

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Nor is there evidence to prove they don't exist.

There are countless occurrences that 'Science' cannot explain, because it can't be explained... should it not exist?

I’m not really sure how to answer that….I can’t believe you actually…..just….never mind……lol…..here we go….

Nor is their evidence to prove that the spaghetti monster or the invisible pink unicorn doesn’t exist…….but we like to use common sense and logic in this world…..well….most people do any way…..lol

“should it not exist “ No it shouldn’t……if we looked at reality like that…..vampires, angels, demons, trolls, giants, elves and invisible sky daddy’s would be current scientific facts with no bases of proof to back their existence up with….

This statement doesn't read as a 'Theory'...

LOL….You wonna talk about theory….as a theory I said that ghosts may have a body, and then ‘Monsterenergy791’ says I’m incorrect in my theory and uses his/hers own theory to claim that ghosts “manifest into their past self, which would not be physical”

And so this person is attempting to somehow debunk my theory with evidence of her own theory……which has no evidence to back to be backed up with……

I never said my theory was true…..I had already said “ghosts don’t exist…..but let’s just say for arguments sake they do”

I appreciate your views but the topic would be for those who believe in ghosts/spirits... pretty self evident.
Just to reiterate from my opening...
I realize a fact based answer is not probable, but your suggestions are welcome

And as I clearly stated, I don’t believe in ghosts….but just for as an imaginary idea that they do……I gave an opinion…..and then ‘Monsterenergy791’ attacked me with his/hers own theory which had no proof to back up…..

Why in the hell would any logical person try to shut down a person’s theory whom has already explained that they don’t even believe in …..with a theory of their own that has no factual bases what so ever…..

[edit on 24-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

andre18: Have you have ever had any ghost/spiritual event happen to you?

I don't think you have. I understand that it's very hard to believe in something that you have never experienced, but deciding if something is real or fake based on minimal or incomplete understanding of a subject is just plain ignorant.

I would also like to add that the reason why we study history in school is to not repeat the bad/wrong decisions we made in the past. In the past believing the sun, no the earth was in the middle of the solar system was against the mainstream belief. Also the belief that the earth was round sounded crazy too back centuries ago, but shouldn't we have learned from our mistakes by now?
Can't you see that just about anything is possible and many, many things have not been discovered or accepted. 105 years ago, we built the first airplane, now we have supersonic jets and spaceships--what about the next 100, 1000, or 10000 years in the future? What new ideas will we learn then?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
WOW! Great debate. Both sides can go on forever! That is why this forum is fantastic. For those of us who have had life changing experiences with "ghosts", in my opinion, they simply move on. Some go to the "light", some move on to other locations, others come in. I like to think of it in this manner.

The whole universe has energy. Every living thing, plants, animals, humans, bacteria, etc. has energy. Energy is emitted as light and is shown as an aura (for those of us who believe in auras, for those who don't see: nightvision spectra). When someone dies, their physical body is done. What happens to their energy, does it just *POOF* disappear? No, energy continues in a different form outside the physical body. Some people call them ghosts, spirits, apparitions, orbs, etc. I believe it is all the same. There are people that see and there are those that don't see.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, if you want to hear a studied opinion (not that I know for sure, but I've studied plenty) :

They go to a higher dimension, or the 'true' spiritual realm. The 'hauntings' are of spirits or recorded spirit activity being played out in the dimension which is very close to our own, but not in the higher realm. Our consciousness exists in all kinds of dimensions, and a 'ghost' is a disembodied consciousness or energy.

This is how I understand it, in the multidimensional universe, there are many spiritual dimensions. "Hell" is obviously an idea that spirits can go to a much lower and darker dimension than even the one we currently live on, while "Heaven" is one of the higher (perhaps highest) spiritual realms that people are supposed to go to.

I believe even in the dimension we exist in, spirits are everywhere, but cannot directly affect us except under certain circumstances. If a spirit is of a lower vibration (lower dimension) we consider it demonic... some of these are supposedly non-human, violent, mean, etc. If the spirit is just above us, we consider them a ghost... harmless lost souls.

I believe a spirit in good death will pass onto 'heaven' or the higher spiritual. Unfortunately, a spirit who suffers a violent death or is confused is obviously 'stuck'.

One thing that intrigues me is that the Native American plains indian warriors would deliberately kill enemies (like invading U.S. troops) and hack them up with their tomahawks etc. The reason for this wasn't so much to be brutal and gorey, but to inhibit the enemies spirit in the next life. Having caused them a sufferable, violent death, their spirits were trapped in the dimension closest to this realm. This is why murdering someone especially in a violent way is a very serious crime, not only in a lawful sense but a spiritual sense.

Black magick satanism (involving sacrifice) knows this principle as well. There are alot of ways for a spirit to be 'trapped' in the lower dimension...

Subsequently, there are ways to free a spirit or raise it back into the higher dimension where it belongs. There, pain, suffering, time, are illusions which don't exist.

This is all conjecture to some people, to other people it's cold fact because they've experienced it, through out of body or near death experiences, or even past-death experiences (clinically dead for an amount of time.)

It's fascinating to me all the same.

Good thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Algonquin

This is what I like to see--a post that contributes to the discussion and is positive. You seem like an understanding individual Algonquin and also intelligent (just a first impression of you).

I think andre18 is a bit naive IMHO and it's not just because his beliefs conflict with mine. He needs to right out his posts more carefully before posting them.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

First off, I don’t really care about being respectful…lol, there is no scientific evidence to prove their existence… it would have already be cross referenced by scientists and either proven to be real or debunked and by some small chance it is proven real, it would then be mainstream and I don’t remember scientists coming out on the news saying ghosts exist…..lol

Your input on this matter is pretty much dead, having said all of that nonsense.

Scientific methods are used on a regular basis to study 'spiritual' activity including electromagnetic interference. A multidimensional universe is widely accepted among physicists, and helps to explain our idea of a 'spiritual realm'.

To come into the thread first, scoffing at the idea of ghosts, then saying that you don't care if you're being polite or adding to the thread, is one thing. To outright tell us that there is no scientific evidence and that we have to see News stories about Ghosts to validate the subject is just painfully ignorant.

Thanks for trying? I guess.

By the way... spouting 'lol' a dozen times per post is actually against the rules here. Try to be more constructive to the threads topic and maybe, someday, somebody will star one of your posts.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

This is what I like to see--a post that contributes to the discussion and is positive. You seem like an understanding individual Algonquin and also intelligent (just a first impression of you).

I think andre18 is a bit naive IMHO and it's not just because his beliefs conflict with mine. He needs to right out his posts more carefully before posting them.

Thank you Monsterenergy791. I think andre18 hasn't experienced much in the realm of spiritual activity. I used to be that way, very scientific, mathematical, black or white, analytical, questioned the existence of GOD. Wham! That's when I recieved a quick lesson. Questioning GOD? I said "I do not believe in ANYTHING I cannot see" in reference to GOD one day. Be careful what you wish for. I have seen many spirits since that day, literally. I don't do drugs either, drugs will steal your dreams and they don't help you see anything. Pure in mind and soul, belief in a higher level/being. I think that is what does it for some. I could get into more if you like. What was your experience, I'd like to hear.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

Not to derail the thread or anything, but to keep other posters in this thread from 'falling' for Andres posts, I suggest taking a look at his thread

What's wrong with purposely causing the extinction of animals? I think you'll judge by his inability to cope with logic and the hundreds of sane replies from other posters that it's like talking to a brick wall. Judge for yourselves whether the back-and-forth nonsense is worth replying to at all.

I for one would really like to see this thread evolve into a discussion of the multidimensional and spiritual realms.
Starred and flagged.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I agree with you 100% on your above post NewWorldOver.

I'm sorry to say it, but people like andre18 are the members on this site that make the administrators give out mass U2Us that enforce good behavior and conduct on ATS.

Andre18, if your going to use ATS as a place to talk about alternative news, then read the policies and rules first--and also be respectful to every member on this site.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Nice Very Nice. Like some of you have said unless you have had a experiance for yourself some people just dont get it. Although there are some people that have no experiances but do believe and know spirits to be very powerful. I have a channeler that i get messages in my email from who stated this to a question.

Dear VERONICA,

What happens to the soul during and after a suicide? This does not seem like the "Natural" time to leave the physical existence.

Thank you.

L. C.

Dear LC,

Each experience is individualistic. The problems and or feelings they wish to leave behind will only follow them to another life.

Upon a suicidal death the soul is usually greeted by guides and loved ones who will aid them in their process to resolve what led them to end their physical in such a way.

There is no judgement.

--VERONICA

I subscribed to a free weekly message. This lady channels a spirit which is named veronica and she replys and has 2 videos on youtube while shes channeling this energy of this person very intresting

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Kudos and bravo. I also agree 100%. I am not here to prove anything, nor am I here for rebutal of everything. I am simply here to discuss where ghosts go when they are told to leave. Personal experiences anyone?

Mine started in the first house I owned. It was a bungalo, our bedroom upstairs. My wife woke me and said someone had broke into our house. I listened, heard someone walking around, opening and closing cubbard doors. Being a rational man, I grabbed my shotgun, loaded it, took the safety off, and downstairs I went. Not a person in sight! The dog was even sleeping on the kitchen floor! What the hell?

My youngest daughter (2 or 3 years old) would come in our bed just about every night. One night I rolled over, had this overwhelming sensation that someone was staring at me. I opened my eyes and saw.........my daughter! Dammit that scarred the crap out of me. I asked why she comes and sleeps with us. She said the shadows wake her up at night. I said what, like the shadows on your wall. She said yeah and they talk to her. I asked what they said. She said they want her to play with them. Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't, but they won't leave her alone. I thought WOW, what an over active immagination for a young child. Then one day I saw what kind of shadow she was talking about. It was a "black shadowy mist" that floated from one bedroom across a hall to her bedroom, went very slow, this lasted about 20 seconds. I was awestruck and couldn't move, just watched. That's pretty much the short of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Algonquin, you asked what my experience was with ghosts/the supernatural.

Well...I've actually had no personal experience myself and I don't know anyone who has seen or experienced anything paranormal.

I only believe and stay open minded to the alternative things (like UFOs, ghosts, metaphysical abilities, etc.) because IMO, I'm very understanding and look at both points of the topic and I pick the rational side and/or the side that isn't naive and informed. With ghosts, I choose to believe in them because I look into the subject and watch ghosts shows like Ghost Hunters, which I feel like is an authentic show (unlike Most Haunted on the travel Channel). I choose to believe in the existence of the soul as a face, UFOs to me are basically fact, and things of that I stay neutral on are subjects like Bigfoot, chupacabras, and reptilians because there isn't substantial proof and I myself am doubtful (but open minded).

I also believe without experiencing a rare and/or paranormal event makes it extremely difficult to truly believe. I try my hardest to not be ignorant so to make others content, but most of all, it make me happy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join