It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic 8-Balls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
There are all sorts of Magic 8-Balls and Yes-No Pens online...

Does anyone here use them for serious questions / predictions?

I know that the Christian test to see if they are biddable and reliable is to ask

"Was Jesus Christ GOD made flesh?"

If the thing answers YES or the equivalent then it is "safe" to rely on its answers.

I prefer to ask five questions to which I know a categorical yes-no answer and if all five are correct then I know the yes-no effect is currently in tune...

Ask Bob

Mystical Smoking Head of Bob

Yes/No Pen

There are lots of others, even an "Ask Yoda"!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well after reading this post I went to these websites and asked them some simple questions involving my surroundings and some other questions I knew the answers to.

Let's just say it failed my test.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I didn't know anyone over 14 years old believed in this kind of stuff. In my opinion it's pure nonsense. If someone can convince me otherwise, I'll listen.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You don't have to believe as such, just test it- if it works for you cool if not also cool. Just a curiosity.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well, they sure didn't work for me, two different sites even gave opposite responses to the same questions. If you ever do find one that works, let me know.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Terrylynn]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
OMG, thank god this guy was banned.

This is worse than the "indigo child" and "vampire" threads. If that is even possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They don't work at all. If you test them long enough, you'll find they get it right exactly the same percentage of the time as anyone would if they simply guessed. So that means you might as well pick a response at random, as that's just as accurate at answering your questions than a "magic" 8-ball or anything similar.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There is an easy way to tell... ask it the same question 10 times in a row. If it doesn't give you the same answer every time, then it's pure chance.

When it comes to divining, I prefer to trust the good ol'

GOD MACHINE

Created by my friend and I, it spits out a random sequence of letters. It has been weighted to produce vowels approximately as often as they occur in normal English speech, and uncommon letters such as Q, W, X, Y,Z are weighed to show up much less.

It provides "answers", but you have to look into it really closely (Tip: Try pronouncing the jumble of letters PHONETICALLY out loud to yourself for better results... things will become clearer.) It also has a tendency to be offensive.

[edit on 2/22/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

sooo.. what would this be exactly?

SROSVERPOMOTVEGKOCRASLECREGNET

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantine70
reply to post by Yarcofin

sooo.. what would this be exactly?

SROSVERPOMOTVEGKOCRASLECREGNET