It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret societies for women/ secret sisterhoods.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Hey guys,
I've just kind of gotten into this but i was just interested if you guys could tip me off to a few names of secret sisterhoods or secret societies for women. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I am not aware of any exclusively women membership 'secret' societies, but i do know of one which certainly accepts women as members. To my knowlege this society/order seperates men and women into different classes or something. I have been told they are a promenant undercover society that operates mainly in the UK which is VERY hard to get membership to, i have a friend that has been trying for months. I believe they call themselfs the order of the arcane angels, i think thats right. Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiddendragon
. I believe they call themselfs the order of the arcane angels, i think thats right. Hope this helps

Are they not a metal band ???

cant say i have ever heard of the "order of the arcane angels" here in the UK.

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
snoopyuk, im not sure about them being a rock band, but they are certainly a society i have heard of, but unfortunately know little about. just trying to pass on info and be helpful, i can find out a little more if anyone is intersted, but probably not much because as i say, it seems to be very hard to becme a member, or find a member.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hiddendragon

yes i would defo like some more info on them , as i said in the other post i havent heard even a whisper of them.....so any info would be good..

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ok, so i've discovered that that 'the order of the arcane angels' are in fact a society based in the uk, with actually quite a limited membership, which is probably why they are not society which many people know about. I really cant find a way to find out any more information than have at the moment simply because i have no idea how to go about contacting this group, or indeed any of its members.

Just to give you some background, the only reason i know about them is through a friend who is very interested and knowledgeable in things like 'secret societies' and spirituality etc. He is a stock broker and a client of his used to talk a little about the organisation with him, however, unfortunately he has now moved abroad.

Anyway, the only information i have is that they believe in the mind rather than a supreme being, aswel as esoteric energies that can be contolled by the body and the mind.

As i say i would like to know moore myself but don't seem to be able to find evidence of this organisation anywhere

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The Order of the Eastern Star is an organization associated with Freemasonry that is almost exclusively female. They hold their own meetings, as well as helping out the larger male dominated 'Lodges'.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I am a Substitute School Teacher in Los Angeles, and I would like to tell you of a female only Secret Society made up of only teen-age girls. This is the Daughters Of Diana. This group consists of teen girls who have no respect for any form of authority. Police might call it a Teen Gang, but it has certain aspects to it that makes it more of a criminal-minded Secret Society. The members dedicate themselves to massive partying, doing anything they want. You will spot these girls in front of All-Ages Nightclubs, and are identified by the dime-sized outline of a black star tatoo on the upper side of the fleshy part of the left hand between the thumb and the index finger. If they are raped because of their outlaw actions, they have an agreement with their Society Sisters to help them run away where they have no obligation to any authority, including parents. The sisters will help create an environment that the rapist is convicted on false charges of murder. Some men have been wrongfully executed for murder by the DofD actions. The group was founded when the Supreme Court, USA stated that executing rapists was "cruel and unusual punishment". As a symbol that the young woman has a man trapped on death-row over this, they fill in the star solid black! To check this out, simply go to the front sidewalk of an All-Ages Nightclub in a major city!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Actually the Order of the Eastern Star is made of of Master Masons and their close female relatives (wives, sisters, mothers, daughters, grand-daughters, and some others). A female member MUST have a male relative who's a Mason to be eligible to join. The Presiding OfficerS are the Worthy Matron (female) and the Worthy Patron (Male). There are several such groups within Freemasonry: The Order of the Amaranth, the Order of the White Shrine of Jerusalem, the Order of True Kindred and some others.

Some have similar membership requirements (A Mason relative) but ARE exclusively female. The Ladies Oriental Shrine and the Social Order of the Beauceant are two such groups.

Regards,

Senrak (Past Worthy Patron-O.E.S.)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FortRock

FortRock,

Are you SURE about all this?

The Daughters of Diana is a Wiccan group (so the star or pentagram would make sense) named after the Roman godess Diana.

The rest sounds interesting, but...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortRock
If they are raped because of their outlaw actions

I'm sorry, this statement really stands out to me. Do you mind explaining a bit further? How is a woman raped due to something she does?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Le Droit Humain . For women & men. Worldwide.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel
Le Droit Humain . For women & men. Worldwide.

Don't forget the Order of Women Freemasons.

www.owf.org.uk...

And the Feminine Grand Lodge, Co-Masonry, etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by senrak

Pâles copies, mon cher...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well, if your interesting in past women only secret socities, I would call the Oracle at Delphi one such society. Perhaps not society in the way we use it now, but certainly exclusive and female only (for the oracle herself).

Hey, she even got a few things right every now and then. Although we now know Apollo's priests were in the background spying on people and making notes in order to tip her off on what to say.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel
Pâles copies, mon cher...

'tiz true. But don't tell THEM that!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Although I was hoping to dig some deeper roots like when women would spend 3 days in a hole in the desert with snakes...............

(Yes some ancient rituals did incorporate that with the wisdom of the women)

I did find this link which although there is some new agey ring to it there is also some very good history of women and the sisterhoods they share.

Seichim is an ancient mystery system of profound knowledge that has been developed and perpetuated by a mythical group of women called the Sisterhood of the Rose. More aspects of the legend of Seichim are being discovered all the time but the key aspect, and the basis of the learning of the Sisterhood, is its link with antiquity, wisdom and knowledge and with the foundations of universal law. Members of the Sisterhood of the Rose were and still are wisdom keepers. Seichim is linked with the Goddess energy and with the divine feminine in its many forms. Particular forms of the Goddess energy, which are directly connected with Seichim, include the energies of Isis in Egypt and many people are initially drawn to making an Egyptian connection. This is often only the first step as other archetypes emerge to help with the journey. Kwan-Yin and Kwaneen are two forms of the Goddess of Mercy in the East, both of whom are predominantly Goddesses of Mercy. The Black Madonna, in Poland, France, Switzerland and Mexico forms another component of the Goddess Walk. 1 White Buffalo Calf Woman in the United States and in Australia the wonderful Rainbow Serpent Mother of the Aboriginal people are all energetically willing and able to create a personal incredible relationship with you. This process has been termed "The Goddess Walk" Each of these archetypes represents the mother Goddess, or the feminine ray of energy. The wise woman form of the Goddess helps to bring an understanding of the mystery of Death and of Life itself and the way in which life is preserved through death. The Goddess holds the key to eternal wisdom and so the practice of seichim, the art of the Goddess, brings with it a key to truth, trust and wisdom. The rate at which truth, trust and wisdom are absorbed depends on the rate at which the individual can integrate the experience into daily life in a practical sense. The Sisterhood is also closely linked with the devic, faery and elvin kingdoms. The extent of this linkage is being discovered now and is bringing with it some fascinating revelations. The current configuration of the many worlds, which compose our universe, is such that we are gaining increased levels of access to them at this point.

sistersandroses.com...

To be such a common knowledge of a brotherhood there would have to be a sisterhood. It just takes commom sense to work that one out.

I wonder if the Sisterhood was forced underground or was it overrun with misuse of the laws of nature.

I am would like more links on this subject, particularly some old writings if anyone has access, Please!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Although I was hoping to dig some deeper roots like when women would pend 3 days in a hole in the desert with snakes...............

I would have a heart attack and die.

I have always said and firmly believe: "All snakes are poisonous; all spiders will kill you!"

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I clicked on this thread because I thought I might find a women only group that I might want to join but after reading this thread it is sounding like that is not the case.

Anyone want to join me in starting one?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortRock
This is the Daughters Of Diana. Police might call it a Teen Gang, but it has certain aspects to it that makes it more of a criminal-minded Secret Society. If they are raped because of their outlaw actions, they have an agreement with their Society Sisters to help them run away where they have no obligation to any authority, including parents.

I'm calling shenanigans on this.

If they are such a tight-knit group, how do these supposed rapes occur? Wouldn't they be watching out for each other? And if they are so crafty as to help a teenage girl run away, keep her hidden from the very authorities who would be looking for her, and trick those same authorities as to frame the supposed rapist for murder, why the need to frame in the first place? If they are so crafty, why not make the rapist disappear?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join