It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Fact or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I know there are many threads covering global warming, but i thought i would make one where people from both sides of the argument can come together and post their beliefs. The purpose of this thread is more so to put forth formed ideas and theories about global warming and debate or discuss those ideas.

So in essence this thread is here to discuss global warming and provide support to your argument wether is be for or against global warming.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am stuck half way.

My belief is that the earth goes through long periods of warming and cooling, so currently we would be in a period with hotter weather. It is possible however, that the presence of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is increasing the speed of the warming perid though.

I work in the weather industry and I know that we do not have enough accurate climatic data to prove or disprove the global warming theory. Accurate weather records only go back about 150 years (only 100 years here in Australia) so from my proffesional perspective I dont know whether or not global warming is a fact.

Thats my opinion

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Hey thanks for for your post, i personally agree with you. Im not rulling it out 100%, but global warming comes off to me more as scare tactics. However, there's no harm in keeping an eye on it, and if true the effect upon coastal communities would be terrible. Living on an island it's clear how erosion and rising sea levels would impact many many people.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, even though this argument has been brought up 879 times (or so it would seem) here on ATS, I guess I'll bite (I'm kind of bored right now).

I WAS a skeptic. Everything I was seeing was pointing AWAY from Global Warming. I was really sold on the fact that it WAS a purely natural coincidence.

But...then I found this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a report (which 60 Minutes actually covered last night) that talks about a White House lawyer changing the climate change reports to make it sound unreal. Then over 100 scientists came forward with the same accusations.

Now, watching some of these scientists talk about climate change and how they can tell how fast the Earth is warming up really helped me see that the people who don't believe in Global Warming, aren't really paying any attention to the strange fact that the Earth is warming up at a RECORD rate. It's not just following it's normal cycle. It's warming at a RECORD rate. The scientists on 60 Minutes were talking about how they can tell this over the past 850,000 years by studying ice around the North Pole.

The facts are:

1) The White House covered up reports by scientists and deciding which scientists get the public eye.

2) The planet is warming at a RECORD speed.

3) Global Warming can be easily explained in regards to CO2 emissions.

These 3 things have persuaded me that it's real.

[edit on 1/22/2008 by bigbert81]

top topics

join