It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes I have seen a significant increase in Roseville CA, which is a modern suburb city just north of Sacramento CA. Have not noticed an increase in Sacramento however. I wonder if these increases are happening in just areas with lots of residential and suburbs or if its happening in downtown areas too???

I don't know what to think, if its happening in just the residential and suburb areas only should we be concerned???

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I usually avoid these threads, as the Ufo conspiracy is the only one that worries me. I also usually understand the reason for some of these conspiracies. As a veteran, I can see why we might alert the police without giving away our preparedness. I mean, if a major unilateral attack from different Terrorist cells was about to happen, why tip them off?(that we are ready) Well, the thing is, here in Santa Barbara, this has been a topic among my friends for the last week. Tons of Helo's, and alot of sherriff and CHP cars, out for some weird reason. I'm not saying its for some nefarious reason, but it has been noted. -jason

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I live in Alabama and have noticed many military patrols rather than suited up county police. I mostly see army trucks. I never really follow them since I haven't gotton my vehicle yet; also that I have about 2 more weeks to wait until my sixteenth birthday.

The odd part is they dont seem to be heading out of the state, or get on the major highways. They never seem to be driving towards the same place though which leads me to believe there is more than one base. I also see them around the police stations and I dont think they are just chatting up with the cops.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm a tour guide in Savannah, Georgia. It's mid-January, Tuesday and cold. Not many tourist, no big events going on or expected. Today we had lots of mounted police on the streets. The mounties are usually out only for large events. Mostly crowd control. Also general, subtle feeling of unrest in the air.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Maybe it's down to the economic crisis, lot's of police, means a better sense of security and an awareness of tax payers value for money.. could also be used to put you off looting. you damn looters!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
No difference in my area, which is a small town about an hour north of Pittsburgh, PA...population about 15k. In addition, I travelled this weekend to the columbus area for the annual winter hike. During this trip, I spent some time in Wheeling, WV & Columbus, OH. I was in Wheeling for about 2 hours and Columbus for about 4 hours and I did not see a single police car. Seems like this is localized.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm on a college campus in Virgina, so I'm not really out in town much to notice an increased police presence, but I did have an interesting experience on Friday night. Me an some friends were coming back from off campus and as we're approaching our dorm an undercover cop car pulled up next to us and a cop got out of the passenger side and began to approach us. We just kept walking to our dorm and while he followed us for a while he made no move to stop us. There was absolutely reason why a cop from the town should have been on our campus, let alone one in an undercover car, as the campus is out of their jurisdiction. Also, I have never seen a cop car in the area with a driver and passenger.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Speaking of economics, one would have to wonder if there is an expected "run" on the banks? Could it be that there is a fear that the downhill slide of the stock market could cause a crash where people all went in search of their money? Maybe somebody thinks things could turn ugly real fast if withdrawals are not met.

I could see needing extra police up and ready if the stock market crashed.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ever since I've been driving a car that has 06' tags I've been noticing cops more (and avoiding them). Other than that no cop increase where I am.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hey Triangle. That wouldn't happen to be Mars or Moon Township, would it? I used to date a girl up there, Erin Mcpherson. Anyway, I live near an airport and a major Air Force Base, so my military helo theory is really not that solid. However, I do agree about the cops. Also, I am supposed to get my student money, but everyone I know has not gotten it yet. All this money is tied into the big banks, If a meteor was coming, or something, I can't see them wanting to give up their money....

[edit on 22-1-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I live in a relatively small town in TN and its almost like there are more cops than citizens and it seems like every person I know has gotten busted for something or another. Once your in the system here its rigged to keep you in the system, its like this vicious circle of oppression.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Definately more cops showing up in Flint Michigan. This is weird, the other day a friend of mine commented to me on how many he has noticed since the new year. Whats up guys? I'm not sure I like the way this is playing out.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
No noticeable increased presence here in NSW, Australia, but i haven't been out much in the past few days to really check.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

LOL, Wow Jimmy and I thought that I was bad with driving around my truck with tags that have been expired since July 07, the funny thing is, is that my registration is paid, I just haven't had the time or money to get it smoged.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I cant drive more than 60 seconds without seeing atleast 1 cop and theyve got a mad on here for roadblocks, saturday night you can bet on at least 3 or 4 roadblocks.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I live in north florida right in between a naval base and a naval air station. Over the last couple of weeks there has been an increasing amount of military aircraft activity. Usually the patrols are daily and fairly routine but lately I have noticed more types of aircraft doing more patrols as well as scrambles.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by housegroove23
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

LOL, Wow Jimmy and I thought that I was bad with driving around my truck with tags that have been expired since July 07, the funny thing is, is that my registration is paid, I just haven't had the time or money to get it smoged.

You guys are just asking get tased!

My tags are good and I'm still keeping a low profile...and as such, I couldn't tell you if there's more cops on the street here, in this armpit of a SoCal Inland Empire meth-pit though.

Although someone got pulled over right in front of the house the other day and we don't usually see that.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I live in San Francisco, and I have noticed a lot more Police around than last year, it's crazy!
and I've lived here all of my life!

[edit on 22-1-2008 by noobius0ne]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
North Florida here, upped Police AND Military presence. North of city theres a battery of Howies that are on flat beds, in an abandoned parking lot, fenced in. If I go back up that way I'll photo, but its NEVER been there before. Recent fencing.

Recently high number of unmarked helicopters flying with odd equipment. No flight numbers, serials, markings. Matte black. Tinted windows. I have witnesses who have been with me on numerous occasions.

Aye I know this is a police thread, but all the military stuff showed up when police stuff picked up. Though there are multiple bases here.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Not only is there increased police presence around the Ozarks in SW Missouri, but our local volunteer fire department received a notification of readiness (this means that everyone needs to be close to phones and radios in case of activation) This usually happens when the threat of forest fires is high, but the threat of fire is very low right now.

The volunteers that I talked with don't know what's up, but they have been told to plan for the notification to last for at least the next several weeks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join