It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EntitySeed

Close enough. Thanks. Keep up the good fight.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by birchtree

man if there is no guard posted walk up to the fence and take a picture.....big deal.
it is not like your inside area 51 or something..
If anyone asks if you are a terrorist just tell them you like military vehicles and whoop-dee-doooh your back here with the pics.

Not quite. There's other stuff going on in the area too. I have no doubt that if I had been spotted, I would have been hauled in and my phone confiscated.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I barely post here, so hopefully this says something!

Yes. Most certainly I have seen an increase. Without a doubt.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Blackwater has been training Police nationwide. they are being prepared for marital law when the next national disaster hits.....its simple.

Be ready folks.......its coming.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was just wondering if this could be the reason for all this? I'd hate for this to fall on my home.

From The Washington Post.

Disabled Spy Satellite Threatens Earth

By EILEEN SULLIVAN
The Associated Press
Sunday, January 27, 2008; 1:30 AM

WASHINGTON -- A large U.S. spy satellite has lost power and could hit the Earth in late February or early March, government officials said Saturday.

The satellite, which no longer can be controlled, could contain hazardous materials, and it is unknown where on the planet it might come down, they said. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the information is classified as secret. It was not clear how long ago the satellite lost power, or under what circumstances.

"Appropriate government agencies are monitoring the situation," said Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for the National Security Council, when asked about the situation after it was disclosed by other officials. "Numerous satellites over the years have come out of orbit and fallen harmlessly. We are looking at potential options to mitigate any possible damage this satellite may cause."

He would not comment on whether it is possible for the satellite to perhaps be shot down by a missile. He said it would be inappropriate to discuss any specifics at this time.

A senior government official said that lawmakers and other nations are being kept apprised of the situation.

The spacecraft contains hydrazine _ which is rocket fuel _ according to a government official who was not authorized to speak publicly but spoke on condition of anonymity. Hydrazine, a colorless liquid with an ammonia-like odor, is a toxic chemical and can cause harm to anyone who contacts it.

Such an uncontrolled re-entry could risk exposure of U.S. secrets, said John Pike, a defense and intelligence expert. Spy satellites typically are disposed of through a controlled re-entry into the ocean so that no one else can access the spacecraft, he said.

Pike also said it's not likely the threat from the satellite could be eliminated by shooting it down with a missile, because that would create debris that would then re-enter the atmosphere and burn up or hit the ground.

Pike, director of the defense research group GlobalSecurity.org, estimated that the spacecraft weighs about 20,000 pounds and is the size of a small bus. He said the satellite would create 10 times less debris than the Columbia space shuttle crash in 2003. Satellites have natural decay periods, and it's possible this one died as long as a year ago and is just now getting ready to re-enter the atmosphere, he said.

Jeffrey Richelson, a senior fellow with the National Security Archive, said the spacecraft likely is a photo reconnaissance satellite. Such eyes in the sky are used to gather visual information from space about adversarial governments and terror groups, including construction at suspected nuclear sites or militant training camps. The satellites also can be used to survey damage from hurricanes, fires and other natural disasters.

The largest uncontrolled re-entry by a NASA spacecraft was Skylab, the 78-ton abandoned space station that fell from orbit in 1979. Its debris dropped harmlessly into the Indian Ocean and across a remote section of western Australia.

In 2000, NASA engineers successfully directed a safe de-orbit of the 17-ton Compton Gamma Ray Observatory, using rockets aboard the satellite to bring it down in a remote part of the Pacific Ocean.

In 2002, officials believe debris from a 7,000-pound science satellite smacked into the Earth's atmosphere and rained down over the Persian Gulf, a few thousand miles from where they first predicted it would plummet.

___

Associated Press writers Pamela Hess and Deb Riechmann contributed to this report.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by xaq143]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Interesting that so many seem to have noticed an increased police presence in their areas. What is even more interesting are the comments about rad badges and Geiger counters.

We have a police scanner in a box somewhere. Might not hurt to take that thing out and have it on once in a while.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xaq143

Falling satellites make such good cover for Moondust operations. Classic way to turn people aside before a real life Star Wars event.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PotatoDaddy

North Texas here and there definitely seems to be increased activity. My daughter said she saw six cars on her 2 mile drive on Spring Creek.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
*sighs* I haven't noticed anything yet in columbus OH, I e-mailed my grandma in San Fransisco and she said she hasn't noticed an increase either... so.. why have some seen an increase and others haven't? Could it be paranoia, and like previous posters said.. it could be that you're noticing them more because you're looking for them more. I asked my mom about this and she said when we got our new blazer that she noticed a TON of blazers on the road.. So there weren't more blazers on the road, she just noticed em' more.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

This is a possibility for some people I suppose. But I noticed these things before this thread got started. Actually, the same day I think, but before I read it here anyway. I originally posted here.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

You could be right about hyperawareness, but I'm new here and my daughter has been complaining all this month about this very topic. I will concede that tonight, after I asked her about her recent experiences, she took her boyfriend home 6 miles away. She said a marked car followed her nearly the whole way one direction and she saw 7 others on the trip. To be totally honest, her awareness on that drive was likely magnified by my earlier questions confirming what she'd said in the weeks prior or the fact that she forgot her wallet (and DL) at the house.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Okay, well how's this for paranoid? I was about to turn onto the street of the house I am staying at tonight (in a neighborhood I have known since I was a kid). There was a cop sitting in the empty parking lot of a business on the corner, so I decided to continue on around to enter the neighborhood at the opposite end. But before coming all the way around I stopped for a box of milk. When I came out, there was another cop just sitting there blacked-out along the main road. Now I have been having some other problems with police lately, so I was getting paranoid at that point. I sat and waited for maybe ten miunutes before finally deciding to move along. I was relieved that they did not follow me, until I came around the turn on my street and saw a black van sitting in front of the house I am staying at tonight. The engine was running, but they were lights-out with dark tints. There was no reason for them to be sitting there. There is an old lady who lives next-door who would not have visitors after supper time and there is a pond across the street. The van finally left a few minutes after I came inside and made a phone call.

No real point to this whole story, but it just seemed a little sketchy.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
Blackwater has been training Police nationwide. they are being prepared for marital law when the next national disaster hits.....its simple.

Be ready folks.......its coming.

I guess they havent made it to my department yet.

Who have they trained so far?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I dont know what that was about but I would be watching my back if I were you. I was on the run for skipping out on my probation which I eventually did time for but I know a little bit about looking over my shoulder and being paranoid. You have to mix up your routine or they will zone right in on you, but eventually they will get you. You cant run these days.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

Well I do have a case on me, but I'm not running. Being transient and jobless I don't have much of a routine.

If someone were to run, it would certainly be more diffucult today than ever before. Not entirely impossible, but any sort of "normal" life would be out of the question, and you'd probably never see your family again. It would be like anti-witness program.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Wow.. that would've freaked me out definetly.

I've been driving on expired tags since august of 07... so I've noticed as many cops as I can. The thing is, I haven't noticed anymore than usual. Although yesterday I saw two cop cars pull out of the station at the same time, and they went opposite directions. I've never seen em' do this before. Anyone else ever see two cars leave at the same time?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yeah, two and a half years on the run for crap. It was a waking nightmare but I was clever. I had a nice place was making good cash money but I couldnt let anyone get close I was completely alone living a double life as someone I wasnt. I finally got close to this girl and she turned me in. At first I hated her for it but she did me a favor. I did my time and got my life back and now Im happier than ever. Just dont let the system drag you down. The best advice I can give is to face problems head on and get it behind you.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Cops like to meet up and talk in person, especially if they are from two different departments sharing info. Just like any good criminal knows, never talk on the phone. It's usually some sort of evidence exchange or something, but sometimes they just meet up for coffee too.

[edit on 1/30/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

Sounds like what happened to an old friend of mine. Dirt poor his whole life,(grew up in Bed-Stuy Brooklyn) then landed some super job paying like 100k a year down on Wall Street while he was on the run from the Marshals and had to give it up.

My case is real foul. I wore a shield to work up until about seven months ago. I had been out of work for a few months when I got jacked up and tazed ten times on my own front porch for making a wise-crack about the local department who was in the neighborhood invesitgating vandalism.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
In the new Amerika, everyone is guilty of something.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join