It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Falls Alseep During Martin Luther King Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Bill Clinton Falls Alseep During Martin Luther King Speech

news.ninemsn.com.au

Bill Clinton proved Dr Martin Luther King Jr was not the only one to have a "dream" by falling asleep during a memorial for the late civil rights activist.

The former US president was caught on tape nodding off at the Convent Avenue Baptist Church in Harlem yesterday while a commemorative service for Dr King was taking place directly in front of him.

Clinton is known for taking naps in strange places — he previously nodded off at a Mets baseball game and at Ronald Reagan’s funeral, The New York Post reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is exactly what Hillary needs to bolster her platform. Given the lopsidedness of the African American vote for Obama as it is, I do not see this as... "helpful".

Absolutely amazing.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It don't say your getting this much $$$ and that much $$$ while screwing someone over..

So its kinda lame for him to hear..

Then again.. aren't you glad we have idiots like this running our country?

apc

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
OK he has to be narcoleptic or at least stoned all the time. The latter would certainly explain a few things.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Give him a break. The man was exhausted from the non-stop campaigning he's been doing for Hillary all over the country. I guess it wasn't the most politic thing he could do, but even politicians get tired sometimes. The press will jump on anything trivial like this and blow it up just to generate some excitement around the presidential race.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I watched the video myself and feel asleep before he nodded off

then I watched it again after my nap and laughed my butt
off when his head fell out of his hand and he caught
himself from falling.

So the guy has a sleeping disorder, a lot of folks have it
especially when they get older. My dad is 74 and after he gets
home and sits in his chair for a few minutes, he's out like a light.
You could have WW3 going on TV and he would still fall asleep.

This is in no way Bill's lack of reverence for MLK, but just
a sign that he is indeed human.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What do you expect from the guy that did a complete 180 and forced out a fake tear when the camera caught him laughing it up on the way to Ron Brown's funeral.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays
This is in no way Bill's lack of reverence for MLK, but just
a sign that he is indeed human.

I agree 100%.

But what is and what is perceived are not always the same thing. It's not much of a stretch for Obama to take this and manipulate as such to take even more of the vote away from Hillary. I would respect the man even less if he did resort to this tactic, but I'm sure people have done worse to attain power in their lives.

This is not the news that some may try to make it, but it is certainly a step backwards for Hillary.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Let me get this right: He fell asleep... on MLK day, during his wife's presidential campaign, while she's trying to get black votes?

There is no way he's that stupid, or "human". Do you mean to tell me that they all didn't know they would be sitting around, listening to speeches all day? He was supposed to get some rest, have some coffee, take a No-Doze... something! This is a presidential election, not the local school board. He's supposed to know better.

She wasn't getting my vote anyway (and Bill's comments had nothing to do with it).

btw, chiss, love the avvy!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
That's okay about Bill Clinton falling asleep. To be honest, nobody notices when he's awake, either. Except for maybe the interns. Just ask Monica and Hillary. And speaking of Monica, I hear that she'll be voting Republican this year because the Democrats left a bad taste in her mouth.

top topics

join