It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Four Discussion...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by executioner
What makes you so sure she's dead?
I didn't see anyone pronounce her dead did you?

Maybe the fact that she got shot makes me think that she is dead . Of course, though, this is 'Lost' and anything is possible. I once read on another forum that Danielle's wound was not fatal (this person based his/her thought on a screen-cap), so who knows.

Originally posted by Rren
Not so much. It seems Michael's doing this to make amends for the people he killed and friends he stabbed in the back in order to get Walt back and leave the island. I was assuming that Ben's people still had Walt and were holding him hostage in order to get Michael to do what he's doing now.

At least, though, you were right on Ben using, in any extent, Walt to control Michael (this is probably why I said that it seemed like you were correct).

We learned in the last episode that Michael has already told Walt what happened and that is part of his reason for helping Ben [e.g., Tom (to Michael): "You told him didn’t you? Couldn't keep guilt of what you did (killing two women) so you shared it with a 10-year-old kid."]

True, but I was talking about how Ben could tell Walt (if Michael did not comply) how Michael would be indirectly killing everyone on the island (as Michael, if he didn't comply, would not go on the freighter and etc.). It's funny, reading your post almost made me think that I made that mistake that you thought I made (although, I must admit, I do not recall that line, so thanks for the reminder).

Originally posted by lostineuphoria
Hey all, semi-new member. Been watching lost since season 1.

After every episode, i will be happy to share my input.

Hello fellow Lostie!

Damn the writers strike!

Thank God it's over! Although, it really did leave its mark!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It appears that there were talks of an additional hour (episode) of 'Lost' this year and the plan now is to have the finale be three hours long! Here is the new breakdown:

Episode 4.09 - 24th April 10pm-11pm
Episode 4.10 - 1st May 10pm-11pm
Episode 4.11 - 8th May 10pm-11pm
Episode 4.12 - 15th May (Finale Part 1) 10pm-11pm
Episode 4.13 - 29th May (Finale Part 2 and 3) 9pm-11pm

Although the finale will be spread out over two nights (and separated by a one week break), this is very exciting news. Check out the trailer for the new episode here! Take a look at this funny article: Guy Who Says 'Previously On Heroes' Wishes He Was Guy Who Says 'Previously On Lost'. And here something cool:

Episode 4.08 - Meet Kevin Johnson - Massive DVR Gains

Meet Kevin Johnson received a massive gain in viewers due to the recently posted +7 results. The episode had an additional 3.5 Million viewers. In % terms Lost was the number 1 increased show.

And:

'Lost' found on many platforms

[edit on 13-4-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
New episode tonight! Here is the line-up of the episodes for the rest of the season:

- April 24th, 10pm-11pm: Episode 4.09 - "The Shape of Things to Come" (Ben-centric)
- May 1st, 10pm-11pm: Episode 4.10 - "Something Nice Back Home" (Jack-centric)
- May 8th, 10pm-11pm: Episode 4.11 - "Cabin Fever" (Locke-centric)

Season Finale:

- May 15th, 10pm-11pm: Episode 4.12 - "There's No Place Like Home" Part 1 (centric unknown)
- May 29th, 9pm-11pm: Episode 4.13/4.14 - "There's No Place Like Home" Parts 2/3 (centric unknown)

Looks like the rest of the season will be great!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I found this site in my travels and it seems to attempt to explain a lot of what's going on with the island. Now I don't know if it's fan-fiction, or in some way leaked info from the show, but it's very interesting either way.

timelooptheory.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I found this site in my travels and it seems to attempt to explain a lot of what's going on with the island.

That looks interesting. I will have to read it during my free time. Anyway, what did you all think of the last episode? I thought it was great. Here are some random thoughts: Is Ben able to transport/time travel or something? Did Ben lie to Sayid in order to get him to work for him (I think so)? That's cool that Ben can seemingly control Smokie (I actually thought, after viewing the new preview for the episode, that he would be able to do this, as I saw that he ran into a room). I wonder why he was all dirty after returning from the room. Is Danielle dead? I thought that she would save Alex (and I can't believe that even she is dead!). I was disappointed about how quickly Sawyer left the group, even though I could see where he was coming from. I just felt that they went through a lot together and I thought they would all stick it out.

Here is my short, not-really-a-theory theory for the rest of the season: I think that we are going to see the Oceanic Six leave the island by this season's end. In the preview for the set of episodes that are airing now (the preview that aired after "Meet Kevin Johnson"), the voice-over said something like we know who the Oceanic Six are and now we will find out how they get off the island. This, in my opinion, will have huge implications for the rest of the show's duration. Even though we will (hopefully) see the Oceanic Six off the island in actual time (as opposed to flash-forwards), they will now obviously not be on the island.

Lost Season 3 Soundtrack - Available for Pre-Ordering
Sky changes UK Air Date
ABC Launches Lostscape
Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse talk about the finale
USA Today Fan Submitted Theories Article
Lost's Burning Questions (may contain spoilers)
Episode 4x09 The Shape of Things to Come - Ratings
Season 4 Blu-Ray and DVD Release Date Confirmed for Dec. 9th

[edit on 30-4-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Has anyone been watching "Chuck"?

In the 2nd or 3rd epi he is shown images in an attempt to remove the secrets from his mind, well one image flashes up and secrets start pouring out of him, The one that caught my inteest was this.

He say's "Oceanic flight 815 was shot down by P ". You can hear the P clearly but the rest of the word is drowned out by other characters voices.

Well my jaw dropped at this and I found it a really odd crossover.
Though it may just be a ploy to make you watch this OK'ish show, (jumping on the Lost bandwagon).

Anyway did anyone else see this and what did you think???

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

This is from another forum where a user posts what he heard.

"Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by a surface to air missile" is exactly what he said.

Hesitant to post the link to the other forum, but maybe if a mod gives the ok....

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You never heard "surface to air missile", I distinctly heard a word that starts with P.

Here they have quote but didn't even catch the P on the end.

I can only assume you never saw it (could be wrong) but no-one heard what was said exactly because as I said it was completely drowned out.

Unless someone got some kind of sound "cleaner"(?) and seperated all noises in the scene.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't watch Chuck. I always found the cast to be annoying and the plot to be kind of silly.

I just did a google search to see if anyone heard anything more. That's the most that i got.

Edit:
Found this in the Lost-Pedia

Outside references

* In the second episode of the show Chuck on NBC, Chuck is being "tested" to see what data he knows from the government secrets that he witnessed. In this scene, he is told to say whatever first comes to mind about pictures that he sees. He says, "Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by a surface-to-air missile...". (While the last part of the phrase isn't totally clear when listening, closed-caption confirms what is said.) Then the scene cuts.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Yeah, I don't watch Chuck. I always found the cast to be annoying and the plot to be kind of silly.

I just did a google search to see if anyone heard anything more. That's the most that i got.

Edit:
Found this in the Lost-Pedia

Outside references

* In the second episode of the show Chuck on NBC, Chuck is being "tested" to see what data he knows from the government secrets that he witnessed. In this scene, he is told to say whatever first comes to mind about pictures that he sees. He says, "Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by a surface-to-air missile...". (While the last part of the phrase isn't totally clear when listening, closed-caption confirms what is said.) Then the scene cuts.

Ok i'll buy that, Subtitles don't usually lie, you are very thorough.
Still I find it an interesting crossover none the less.

But if you ever get a chance to see this particular epi or even just that clip listen to it and i'm sure you'll hear a P.

Edit: ignore me and watch this.

I musta just heard it so very wrong in that split second.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yeah, there's no way to tell what he said based on listening. It kinda fades into the next ramble. As a matter of fact, it kinda sounds like he says "Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by subterranean warcraft" or something.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
*** Spoilers ***

I just want to comment on the time delay, I'm only at epi 9 of season four,
They slightly touched (in a big way) on the islands time delay with that rocket thing, oh and the docter that is fine in one timeline and dead in another.

So what I gather from this is that they are defiantly not in our/their own dimension, the island is in a different dimension even though it's doorway is in our/their own dimension.
As nice an idea that is I don't see how it plays into the story other than the fact that is the reason they can't get off the island, is that all it is, a gimmick for the writers to stop anyone finding them?

I'm really liking getting some answers but their falling into famillier patterns of creating more questions, but we got one answer for a Q that was posed in S4 and Answered in S4, that is Sayid with Ben, when they get back.

I'm looking foward to Hurley pestering Ben some more about calling the Black Smoke.

Obviously the US is ahead of the UK so many have already come to conclusions about my original Question here, but do you know anymore about the time delay?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Ok guys, so I was doing some reading on the Tibetan Book of the Dead yesterday and I found a few Lost tie-ins which I think are quite interesting and need to be shared.

Hope this hasn’t been said before…. Sorry if it has

Bear with me, there’s some good stuff in here….

So in the Tibetan Book of the Dead, upon your earthly death you are sent into the Bardo. The Bardo is the place you go in between lives, where our life is judged and you battle to earn a better reincarnation essentially.

The Bardo is depicted as a never ending maze of CAVES.

You face 53 Wrathful Deity’s. God’s who test you through terrifying ordeals, with your reaction and the way you deal with them determining the kind of life you will be reincarnated into – either into heaven, onto earth, or into hell.

ADAM & EVE SKELETONS

The final wrathful deity you meet in the Bardo is the ‘Lord of Death’. This deity judges your deeds throughout your life by comparing WHITE PEBBLES against BLACK PEBBLES.

You get one white people for each good deed, one black pebble for each bad you committed during your life time. This determines whether your life was a good one or bad one.

Our Adam & Eve skeletons were found IN A CAVE with one WHITE PEBBLE on one skeleton and one BLACK PEBBLE on the other.

Could this be related to the Tibetan Book of the Dead?

Perhaps each skeleton was a person who made one good choice or one bad choice.
Perhaps each skeleton was a person who was a ‘good guy’ or a ‘bad guy’ (Ben to Michael season 2 finale – “We’re the good guys Michael”)
Perhaps each skeleton was a person who the island liked or disliked.

Point is that there is some interesting correlations to the book of the dead – and it continues.

CHOOSING PARENTS

Well all know that there is MANY parental issues with Lost. MANY. So I found it interesting that according to the Tibetan Book of the Dead, a soul chooses its parents as they copulate and at the time the sperm first enters the egg.

Just an interesting thought in regards to Lost and all their strange parental issues.

THE HUNGRY GHOST IS SMOKEY

In the Tibetan Book of the Dead there is reference to a character know as the Hungry Ghost.

The Hungry Ghost is described as having "mouths the size of a needle's eye and a stomach the size of a mountain - Wiki". This is a metaphor for people futilely attempting to fulfill their illusory physical desires.

We are yet to know Smokey’s full story but it is likely that the anger that is displayed by smokey is related in some way to this concept.

Although I still hold firm to the theory that Smokie is a manifestation of the island’s consciousness and is used to ‘get at’ or ‘test’ the survivors mentally.

DHARMA WERE A BUNCH OF HIPPIES

The Tibetan Book of the Dead was also HEAVILY incorporated into the hippie culture. Harvard professor, Timothy Leary, wrote the, in my opinion, iconoclastic book “The Psychedelic Experience” which corrupted the Book’s message into one which compared drug-taking to a ‘small death’ in that the journey of a drug trip paralleled the journey of death through the Bordo and back into new life.

It is no secret that Dharma has a hippie element through it – perhaps Dharma used the Tibetan Book of the Dead as its ‘bible’.

Is it possible that Alpert’s “Book of Laws” (seen in s04e11) is based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead??

THE ALPERT CONNECTION

Timothy Leary’s “The Psychedelic Experience” had two co-authors – one of the co-author’s names was RICHARD ALPERT!!!!!

Anyway we must all also remember that everyone, a while back, loved the idea that the survivors were put on the island to be judged, almost like purgatory.

This would tie in to the Tibetan Book of the Dead nicely.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Wow. I have been away from this thread for a long time! Sorry Losties! Anyway, every episode that I have not commented on yet was great. The first part of the season finale has just aired and that was awesome! The last episode led well into the finale and the first part of the finale ended amazingly. About the finale (among many other things): Richard Alpert (okay, he made his real first appearance in a long time last episode, but still, his on-island appearance tonight was shocking)/The Others are finally back (!) and the stories of the Oceanic Six were great (I cannot wait for the rest of the flashforwards). I will have to get updated and read the posts in this thread that I have missed. Anyway, here is some news:

Lost Season 5 returning in Jan. 2009...

Just heard from the ABC Upfront presentation that as we suspected Lost will return in Jan. 2009 and will have 17 episodes.

Remaining "Lost" Seasons Extended by 2 Hours...

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - ABC has found more hours for the final two seasons of "Lost." The 2009 and 2010 editions of the hit drama will be 17 hours each -- not 16, as previously planned.

New Spoilers Restart Controversy ( no spoilers in the article, but there is one curse...you have been warned
)...

In the wake of a major scene-by-scene spoiler of the Season 4 finale by the Lost fansite DarkUFO, I must say I'm disappointed (again) but not surprised. Apparently he has received very specific spoilers for the season finale, and has posted the synopsis of the first hour of three, apparently a very detailed scene-by-scene reveal. A new controversy is brewing, and we want to hear your opinions.

Andy, the proprietor of DarkUFO, says he received the information from a source claiming to call himself Lostfan108. If you don't remember, Lostfan108 was the person who gave Dark the spoiler for the finale of Season 3, perhaps one of the biggest mind#s in television history. I'm glad I wasn't spoiled for that one. Dark of course released the information and started a huge controversy, causing Darlton to sulk into radio silence. If this is indeed the same Lostfan108, the content is real.

This time, DarkUFO has taken some care, including posting warnings, guidelines on behaviors such as disseminating spoilers responsibly, and posting the spoiler as a flash slideshow that can't be easily copy-pasted in its current form. Of course we all know a text summary will be posted soon, somewhere, by somebody. If there is a huge twist at the end of this season, it too will be accidentally spoiled for many fans as the site promises to release spoilers for the final two parts of the finale. Is it worth it, Andy?

Your Voice: The Walkabout Dilemma...

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, but it seems quite odd when you look at Matthew Abaddon in "Cabin Fever" and his need to get Locke to take the walkabout. It was as if he knew Flight 815 would crash before the fact. Is this possible? How could it be when Desmond was responsible for the crash?

Well, the answer might come from the revelation regarding the doctor in the previous episode, "Something Nice Back Home." When the islanders found the doctor's dead body before the doctor was even killed, Faraday contacted the freighter crew. What if Flight 815 crashed on the island before it even took off in Sydney? Maybe this is why Abaddon knew about the walkabout before it even happened.

However, it is also important to note that after Ben witnessed the crash, he went straight to The Flame to view the outside world. The screens showed newscasts of the 815 crash. Why isn't it out of time sync like the morse code? Or is the Flame's equipment attuned to the time delay, and therefore can work past the time delay that the morse code transceiver could not?

I was confused about the doctor's body being found before he was killed. I just assumed it was a different doctor, but what about the morse code? Did the Losties hear about the doctor being killed before that happened? That would add to the weirdness. I will have to review the scenes and/or do some reading.

And here is some old stuff:

Episode 4x10 Something Nice Back Home - Ratings...
Mira Furlan asked to be written out (this news shocks me)...
Season 4 DVD and Blu-Ray available for pre-ordering...
Season 3 Soundtrack is now available...
Season 3 Soundtrack - Inlay Card and Artwork...
Episode 4.11 - Cabin Fever - Ratings...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think that it was the doctor's body that got transported through time and not the transmission... maybe that's what happens when you don't follow the exact right bearings...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is actually quite confusing, or perhaps inconsistant.
I'll explain: The docters body washed up before he died on the boat, but the rocket thing turned up well after Daniel faraday asked for it on the radio.

So either different bearings go through different time rifts (I think it's safe to say they are time rifts of some sort) or it's a big mistake, (I like to think lost is very consistant with the story, I haven't found any mistakes yet but this may be one).

As for the radio transmission, it will only get to the boat at the time it does, even if they are talking on each end from a different time,
ie. If the guy on one end asks the time on the other it can still be different,
replys will still be directly answered, hope this makes sense.
So it could be going through a different time.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Got some goods for tomorrows finale and looks freaking awesome! FYI - if you follow the link to the clips there are some minor spoilers ahead. It never stops cuz me the show is to darn good anyways to care.

If you decide check 'em out - the last clip is the mind bender. And I'll just say this...I KNEW IT!

www.docarzt.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

I only watch a couple of network television shows, and one of them is Lost, the other being Pushing Daisies.

I am about to give up on Lost.

I can only say, that for a person who watches only a few programs, that I am dissapointed in the show.

While I did not mind the past flashbacks the furture flashbacks are pissing me off.

I get that they are part of the story line, but heck, too much of the past has not been explained.

I am at the point where I feel like paying attention has got me Lost.

I don't know if I care to ever watch the program again.

Lost, has basically Lost me as a viewer.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I think thats the general consensus as of late, thats what I been hearing anyways. Most of the people that I talk to about the show have dropped out for that reason and feel the time travel issue has 'jumped the shark'.

I honestly was almost out during second season but since we got into the history of 'otherville' and the Dharma Initiative and all the other stuff involved...I've been on the edge of my seat since. There are some episodes that are slow but that can happen to any show. Look at the entire second season of "Heroes"
. Maybe it wasn't all that bad - but the writers strike didnt help it any.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Wow, tonight's parts of the finale were amazing! Locke is dead, the island has went somewhere, and and the Oceanic Six must return to the island! Simply amazing! I actually had a feeling, after Locke said that he must move the island, that the island would disappear in front of the people on the helicopter (as, in the preview for parts 2 and 3 of the finale, Lapidus said that there was not a lot of fuel left and Jack said something like there not going back to the island). Although the preview probably showed the bit from the scene when Lapidus saying that there was little fuel left as they were traveling to the boat, I put two and two together and created a cool scene in my head that came to be.

Also, I thought that Jack (another version of him, like from a different time/dimension) would actually be in the coffin. I figured 'Lost' would do a crazy time travel thing and there would be another Jack, from the past I guess (from when Ben moved the island to the past, as I most likely thought). Makes no sense now, but at that second it did. That would have been crazy! I especially thought that this would happen after Ben and Jack were talking about the person in the coffin (whose identity had not been revealed yet) visiting and talking to Jack. Think about how nuts it would be if Jack was talking to himself (well, another version of him). Upon talking about this with my brother after the episode, I remembered how the producers said that there would be no clones and how the word would not even be mentioned in the show. Even though my prediction didn't involve clones, it might have been too close to the idea of clones and too out there for 'Lost' (even though I am sure that 'Lost' could have pulled it off).

But, in the end, it was Locke in the coffin (my brother called it). I, however, called that the scene/finale would end with us seeing who was in the coffin (even though I, again, thought it was going to be Jack). So how did Locke end up off the island/dead!? Did he move the island? So many questions! But we have time to ponder!

[edit on 29-5-2008 by they see ALL]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join