It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Four Discussion...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by twestjr79
reply to post by ucanneverdie

I was thinking that they had sex in the net but I totally forgot that Jack and Clair are brother and sister thanks for reminding me.That still leaves the Question as to why Jack dont want to see the Baby

Guilt.

Seeing the baby reminds him of what happened on the island...he doesn't want to face reality, and we all know where that's going to lead him. He's in denial, and has bought into the fabricated truth of the "oceanic six," even tough he and the others know its all a big lie. He needs to right now, for his own sanity, because inside of him he's slowly loosing it. The life he thought he could put back together just isn't there.

I'm betting that he'll figure out, or it will be revealed to him, that Claire is his sister. Kate wants Jack to see his nephew.

Also, anyone else think Kate is not able to get preggers? She seemed awfully certain she wasn't pregnant...and I don't mean in the "I just had my period" sort of way.

At least we know who the "he" was that Kate referred to in the season three finally....or do we?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Guilt.

Seeing the baby reminds him of what happened on the island...he doesn't want to face reality, and we all know where that's going to lead him.

Exactly.

Also, anyone else think Kate is not able to get preggers? She seemed awfully certain she wasn't pregnant...and I don't mean in the "I just had my period" sort of way.

I thought Kate was pregnant? I didn't finish watching my Season Three DVDs (even though I did see all the episodes on TV), but didn't Juliet find out that Kate was pregnant, too?

At least we know who the "he" was that Kate referred to in the season three finally....or do we?

Spoiler-ish warning. I read a spoiler that in Kate's episode we will see that Jack still had emotions for Kate, but that there would possibly be another man in Kate's life to stop his feelings for her from leading to something (or something like that). I read that to mean that she had a boyfriend, but, as there was no love interest for Kate in her episode, I guess Aaron could be the one that the spoiler I read mentioned that would effect Jack's and Kate's possible relationship.

Lost nominated for 6 Saturn Awards...

Weekly Programs Rantings and Tivo Adjustments...

"New multi-network rating data that seems to be season averages shows a huge lift for Lost in DVR viewers. Lost had the third largest total DVR contribution beating out shows like House, Grey's Anatomy, and CSI.

Of the total views a week after air date (around 17.7 Million counting DVRs), 18% of the audience tivo'd the show. This works out to an average of around 3 million new viewers. That's not too shabby.

Cane Cancelled - Nestor Carbonell to return?...

I've just heard that Cane has been officially cancelled by CBS. Will this pave the way for a return to the show for Nestor Carbonell? Let's hope so.

Episode 4.04 - Eggtown - Ratings...

"Lost" (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Surging from its lead-in by 8.0 million viewers and by 235% in Adults 18-49 (replay of the previous week's episode = 5.5 million & 1.7/4), ABC's "Lost" moved ABC into a dominant first place in the 9 o'clock hour for the fourth week in a row. Despite its decided lead-in advantage coming into the hour from "American Idol," "Lost" outperformed second-place Fox's "Don't Forget the Lyrics" by 1.0 million viewers (13.5 million vs. 12.5 million) and by 19% in Adults 18-49 (5.7/13 vs. 4.8/11).

Lost Easter Eggs: Episode 4.4 "Eggtown"...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
All I've got to say about tonight's episode...

WOWWIE WOW WOW!

But how did Charlie talk to Penny!

Oh the torture!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

All I've got to say about tonight's episode...

WOWWIE WOW WOW!

But how did Charlie talk to Penny!

Oh the torture!

He talked to her on the vid/phone thing just before he drowned. Remember the "Not Penny's Boat" written on his hand.

I'm so, well, Lost this season. I haven't posted anything on it yet 'cause I've no idea where to start?

-What the significance of the 3.2 number? It's the amount of money what'shisname is trying to extort from Ben, it's the auction number for the ship mates journal, it's the number future Faraday told Desmond to tell past Faraday to 'tune the machine to.' Etc [?]

-Is Faraday time jumping too? What's up with the 'remembering two out of three cards' thing he was doing with the anthropologist girl? And the note in his notebook that 'If things go wrong, Desmond is his constant'? Means he's jumping time too, no?

-Is Hurley the new Locke, who was the new Ben (seeing Jacob/finding the cabin)?

-Who's Ben's guy on the boat and who are his off-island contacts/benefactors?

-What's up with the shipmate's journal 'only ever having been read by the [Hanso?] family.' Why was Penny's father bidding on it?

-Why a 30 minute time difference in Faraday's clock experiment, but a 8 [or 9?] year difference when Desmond 'time jumps'?

-What happens to Claire, why does ever[future]body think that Aaron is Kate's son?

I could do this for days.

I love Lost.

I hate Lost.

*sigh*

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

-What the significance of the 3.2 number? It's the amount of money what'shisname is trying to extort from Ben, it's the auction number for the ship mates journal, it's the number future Faraday told Desmond to tell past Faraday to 'tune the machine to.' Etc [?]

-probly some little connection thing between character that the writers did

-Is Faraday time jumping too? What's up with the 'remembering two out of three cards' thing he was doing with the anthropologist girl? And the note in his notebook that 'If things go wrong, Desmond is his constant'? Means he's jumping time too, no?

-yes he when he came to the island hes jumping too because remeber that he asked desmond if he was ever exposed to radiation or magnitisim and faraday was.

-what?

-probly the one who cut all the wires on the boat

-What's up with the shipmate's journal 'only ever having been read by the [Hanso?] family.' Why was Penny's father bidding on it?

-its the only peice of evidence from the black rock.

-Why a 30 minute time difference in Faraday's clock experiment, but a 8 [or 9?] year difference when Desmond 'time jumps'?

-30 time diffrence cause the missle does not have a mind

-What happens to Claire, why does ever[future]body think that Aaron is Kate's son?

- something must have hapend to claire... maybe she went insane

[edit on 29-2-2008 by ucanneverdie]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
OHHHHHH!!!!!! everyone look... im so smart... i just relized something!!!!

We now know what the sickness was that happened to all he people on french chicks boat that made her kill them!!!!!! ohhhhhhh im so freaking smart.

ok i need o test a theory people and need your help. i think im the smartest person abut lost so ill be back on in 8 hours, in this thread ask me any qestion about lost and please be seruios and please dont ask queston that the writers dont even know, thanks.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucanneverdie
We now know what the sickness was that happened to all he people on french chicks boat that made her kill them!!!!!! ohhhhhhh im so freaking smart.

Wow, I didn't even think about that.

Great idea.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Alright, real quick thought, Miles (Straum) is not his real name. Perhaps Miles, but Straum is an alias and he belongs to the Hanso family. He needs the 3.2 million for the book maybe(Black Rock artifact)? But he is working with the freighter people who have to be obviously working for the Widmores. Only he (Miles), is playing sides - just not the Widmores.

Short and hairys....Its the Widmores appropriating the island and its secrets from the Hanso Foundation.

What ya think?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

-probly some little connection thing between character that the writers did

But, why? Same thing with the numbers entered into the computer, Hurley's lottery numbers, etc., etc. It's got to have some significance.

-yes he when he came to the island hes jumping too because remember that he asked Desmond if he was ever exposed to radiation or magnitisim and faraday was.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. But is he having some sort of memory issues also (the three playing cards)? Does that mean that the Faraday on the island is his 1989 self? We haven't seen him pass-out/go comatose or forget where he was/who he was with or anything else to indicate that he's jumping time like Desmond is.

-what?

Sorry that was poorly worded. Ben was special because he could see/communicate with Jacob. I got the impression that he couldn't do that any longer but was pretending he still could and that's why he felt threatened by Locke once he knew that Locke could hear Jacob. Seems now that Locke is having issues with finding Jacob but, Hurley can. I was thinking that's why that creepy guy (flash-forwards) is trying to get Hurley to come with him. Whomever is now on the island in flash-forward time needs someone whom can communicate with/find Jacob. Maybe.

An aside: Did y'all notice that when Charlie came to Hurley at the mental hospital that other patient saw him too? He told Hurley something like, "that guy is staring at you." Hurley looks and there's Charlie. ???

-probly the one who cut all the wires on the boat

Yeah I figured, but who is he (do you think we've seen him yet) and who are his/Ben's benefactors?

-its the only peice of evidence from the black rock.

Yeah, I got that but, 'why did it matter to Penny's father?' was my question.

-30 time diffrence cause the missle does not have a mind

Okay. I'm not sure why still, but I like that explanation. Thanks!

- something must have hapend to claire... maybe she went insane

Yeah, it sucks, 'cause I like her, but something bad (death most likely) must happen to her.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Rren]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Couple corrections (brain to keyboard connection on the fritz):

I said the number (auction number, machine tuning, etc) was 3.2 it's (more) accurately: 2.342

I said that Desmond jumped 8 or 9 years when it was instead about 15 years('89 - '04)

The Lospedia: The Numbers page has some interesting factoids and links (I've also been reading about (the real) Faraday's theories/cage, etc.) So many connections to make. Seems every week the list grows.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. But is he having some sort of memory issues also (the three playing cards)? Does that mean that the Faraday on the island is his 1989 self? We haven't seen him pass-out/go comatose or forget where he was/who he was with or anything else to indicate that he's jumping time like Desmond is.

Or have we... remember the flashback for his character started with him somewhat comatose in a rocking chair with a blanket over his legs. He see's the crash and starts crying, but he doesn't know why.

What if that's part of his "conscious" remembering the traumatic events that are going to unfold on the island? What if he was remembering that without knowing why he was remembering it?

The difference between Desmond, the communications guy on the boat, the rat, and Faraday is that everyone but Faraday knew they were jumping. Faraday doesn't...at least until now, since he saw the note about Desmond being his constant.

If what he was saying about time travel really being able to move around on your own stream of conscious, then he might have been overwhelmed by a feeling from his consciousness in the future at that very moment.

Just some thoughts.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by The Big O]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The difference between Desmond, the communications guy on the boat, the rat, and Faraday is that everyone but Faraday knew they were jumping. Faraday doesn't...at least until now, since he saw the note about Desmond being his constant.

faraday isnt jumping. the note said that IF anything goes wrong desmond must be his constant because theres nothing in his life that could ever connect him from the island and the past or future or what ever the hell is going on:bash::bnghd:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

faraday isnt jumping. the note said that IF anything goes wrong desmond must be his constant because theres nothing in his life that could ever connect him from the island and the past or future or what ever the hell is going on.

We don't have a time reference for when he wrote that down. It could have been years earlier for all we know. And he certainly seemed surprised to see it.

With his demonstrated memory issues this leads me to believe that he's experiencing some sort of side effect from jumping, or at the bare minimum from the experiments he conducted about it.

Remember, Naomi referenced him as a "head case."

Daniel also mentioned that the side effects are different for different people. Desmond's, and the communication guy on the boat, was the result of someone who was exposed to a large dose of radiation or electromagnetic discharge.

If Faraday didn't experience that, maybe his side effects are different, and less severe.

Who knows...with the way things are progressing, I have a feeling this will all come into focus in the next few episodes.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I need to re-correct my correction:

Couple corrections (brain to keyboard connection on the fritz):

I said that Desmond jumped 8 or 9 years when it was instead about 15 years('89 - '04)

Desmond visited Faraday/Penny in 1996 not 1989. So it was an 8/9 year jump like I originally stated.

I also re-watched this episode again yesterday and Faraday remarked wrt time jumping that the amount of time jumped was random. 'Sometimes it's a few minutes sometimes hours/days/years' or something like that was what he said.

On viewing the episode a second time I noticed that the calendar (in the ship's communications room) had X's noting how long they'd been out to sea (I assume) which put them in the water within one week of the crash. Strangely, there's about four days [?] in late September where the days are unmarked. Could this indicate some missing time, perhaps from when the ship first arrived at the island and was effected by its strange electromagnetic properties?

Lots of questions... next week looks good.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Or have we... remember the flashback for his character started with him somewhat comatose in a rocking chair with a blanket over his legs. He sees the crash and starts crying, but he doesn't know why.

What if that's part of his "conscious" remembering the traumatic events that are going to unfold on the island? What if he was remembering that without knowing why he was remembering it?

Very good point. What's weird is one would assume that it's his equipment that Dharma is using on the island (the light that shines on his mouse is similar to the light that shined when Desmond turned the key) so he should know about the island already. Perhaps he was there in the past.

Perhaps the "if" in the note is indeed important. He knew he had been exposed to a lot of radiation, he knew it was possible to jump through time, he knew about the need for a constant to ground one's consciousness should one start jumping through time. Desmond told him he met him on an island in the future and he (obviously) had met him in '96 so it makes sense for him to remind himself that Desmond should be his constant should anything go wrong.

If what he was saying about time travel really being able to move around on your own stream of conscious, then he might have been overwhelmed by a feeling from his consciousness in the future at that very moment.

I think that works.

Another odd note/observation from re-watching the episode: Faraday tells Desmond back in '96 that "you can't change the future." If he's correct than that means (I think) that the meddling in past events (talking to Penny, calibrating Faraday's machine based on future knowledge [which means the tests were successful much sooner than they would have been ]) must be causing new alternate realities. Like your typical sci-fi 'time line-splitting versus changing the future outcomes.' That's why present time Faraday doesn't remember meeting Desmond back in '96. In that time line it never happened which means there must been another, alternate time line, where it did happen that way. Otherwise where are all the 'butterfly effect' effects we should be seeing.

No?

:bnghd:

My head hurts.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The old lady in the third episode of season three, the one when Desmond did his first time travel, said the same thing about changing the future.

HOWEVER...and this is a big however, Faraday didn't remember meeting Desmond in '96, but Penny sure remembered Desmond saying he was going to call her on December 24th, 2004.

So, the argument about not being able to change the future/past might not be totally applicable.

I didn't go back and listen to the conversation Penny and Desmond had (deleted it off my DVR) so I don't know if Penny ever referenced it, Desmond might have just assumed that she knew since he told her, but in reality since you can't change the future in her view she just got an unexpected call from Desmond.

Anyone that can, go back and listen to that conversation again and help straighten that out. Because it will have ramifications on the whole "changing the future/alternate time line" thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The old lady in the third episode of season three, the one when Desmond did his first time travel, said the same thing about changing the future.

Oh yeah! No matter what he did, what did happen (was supposed to happen?) is going to happen regardless of what he does. The outcome could not/can not be changed. Good catch, Big O!

I didn't go back and listen to the conversation Penny and Desmond had (deleted it off my DVR) so I don't know if Penny ever referenced it, Desmond might have just assumed that she knew since he told her, but in reality since you can't change the future in her view she just got an unexpected call from Desmond.

Anyone that can, go back and listen to that conversation again and help straighten that out. Because it will have ramifications on the whole "changing the future/alternate time line" thing.

This one? If so, I don't think it helps us much. She doesn't seem to indicate whether she remembers their other conversation or not. Could go either way I guess. Not all that odd for someone to keep the same phone number for 3+ years, and it did seem to ring quite a few times as if to show she wasn't waiting by the phone.

Who knows, like I said (imo) it could go either way. But, she didn't explicitly say 'oh yeah, I've been waiting for you to call' or anything like that. That lack of specificity seems to be intentional just to screw with us!

They got us by the short and curlys. Jumpin' headlong into one rabbit hole after another.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just like how I've really got a sense of the direction the show is headed in this season. For the first time in three years I feel like stuff is starting to come together, the pieces are falling into place.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well you're much more optimistic than I am; they keep adding mysteries whilst not resolving any. At least that's what I'm usually yelling at my screen, lol. This last episode was one of, if not the best episode so far. Anybody have any ideas on how long the hiatus will be between seasons this time? I sure hope it's shorter than the last one!

On the bright side, check out my new Kate on beach desktop wallpaper.

Now that's good stuff right there.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The hiatus will be less...but we won't get new episodes after these eight, and the addition five they started filming after the strike ended, until the next TV season starts.

That means next fall.

Or spring.

In other words, it will be more like a regular TV show.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join