It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Four Discussion...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

wow - dude thats a top find.

Faraday founded the idea that electromagnetism affects rays of light - GOLD!!

THey are without a doubt throwing electromagnetism clues at all over the place. So we need to know why.

And yeah i could fill another page with the ideas i have had concerning mulitverse and alternate realities coming to play in Lost. There is certainly MANY links that make that idea work.

Producers Damon and Carlton, or Darlton, have said that the show is based around true science and merged with science fiction.

So the answers will certainly be rooted in reality.

oh, and for the record, just wanted to clarify, i am a fan of Hollow Earth. I know it isn't perfect but to my mind it has just as much going for it as other theories. Just as far as Lost goes i cant tick enough boxes with it.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

hey again srsen,
i gotcha and i appreciate the kudos my friend

on that multi-verse theory, I think its very plausible. Ya know it might seem there are two of everything. two airplanes one in the water and one on the island. What if the 'original Jack and Kate' are dead and its the "Lost Universe" that return to the normal reality (last season finale) hence "Kate - we need to go back!" ? Even Kate looked 'different'. Perhaps she it was because she was bathed, but I thought she better on the island, my opinion....

Jack's life is turned upside down, he's even doing the things he wouldn't consider doing nornally before the crash. Even in the Hurley flashback, they showed him spicing up his juice with only a splash of vodka at this point, but again - its not his style. Its Bizarro Jack!

How bout this, that house Miles went to eliminate the ghost or whatever...apparently the pic on the wall was supposedly Mr Ecko as a kid. Not too mention he pulled heroin out of the wall. How does that play out?

And then the pic of Ben at the airport, I thought he never left the island? ever?
Lots of questions, lots to be seen my friend.

spikeD.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say the underlying mystery of Lost has to do with time travel...we've seen this already borne out with Desmond's character, we see further hints at Walt's appearance to John as being "but taller", and there's the polar bear that's way older than the Dharma Initiative.....

As for the plane in the ocean...this seems easier to decode. The pilot wasn't the pilot, and parts of the plane are on the island that are also in the seen sunken wreck...so, it seems the folks who "aren't Penny's boat" are likely Dharma's competition (or some other adversary, that is well financed)...and they staged the found wreck to allow them to investigate the island without any interference.

Electromagnetism is of course very much a part of it, as this was what the Swan station was built to button up, and the likely cause of the plane crash, helicopter crashes, etc. No wonder the Others used a sub... Anyhoo, when the hatch was blown, this seemed to have then made the island detectable to the outside world...

This is all just guesswork and theory of course, and we all have our own...that's what's so fun about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ya know, as I just saw Bai Lings pic in the news for being cited for shoplifitng (
I'll never understand celebs, they make $$), I just had a thought that might lend credence to my "Bizarro Jack" theory...

Jacks tattoo has meaning to the effect of "He who walks among us, but is not one of us..." So, could that imply he might not be the same Jack who originally boarded Oceanic 815 and the Jack that returns to the states in the season finale of last season was from the islands 'timeline' or vortice or whatever? Perhaps I'm ahead of myself and I should wait till tonight for more clues....

spikeD.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sorry I have been away from this thread fellow Losties (I was so busy with school/work/etc). To make matters a bit worse, I had to wait until last Friday to watch the second episode, as I was with my girlfriend on Thursday night. I was going to watch it online on the official site, but, on the site, it stated that I had to wait until Friday. Then, on Friday, the video wasn't working on my girlfriend's laptop and, to make a long story short, I had to resort to other means to watch the episode. Anyway, it was a great episode. I watched it with my girlfriend, who doesn't normally watch 'Lost,' and that, actually, made it better to an extent (except I had to occasionally explain things). I even talked about it with her after we watched it. It's great talking about things you love with the person you love. So, yes, it was a great episode (as we all here have agreed). Episode three was even better!

Here is why I think Miles, Faraday, Lapidus, Charlotte, and Naomi make up the group of the "helicopter people" (I will reserve the term "freighter people" for the people on the actual freighter, like Minkowski and the woman mentioned in episode three). Miles is a possible "ghost buster" or, more precisely, one who can basically communicate with the dead and get them to be at peace. It is possible that he is on the island to deal with Jacob although, however, he states that he is there to get Ben. Faraday is a physicist who may be on the island to do experiments and such (as seen in episode three). It is interesting to note that Faraday warned Lapidus to, when flying back to the freighter, stay on the same course as he, Lapidus, did when he flew to the island. I wonder if this is this the same course that Ben told Michael? Lapidus was supposed to have flown Oceanic 815 on the day it crashed so maybe he was picked to basically shut him up (as he called up the hot line to complain that the body of the dead pilot that was being televised wasn't the real body). It is also possible that he is just a good pilot and thus he was picked for merely this reason. Or maybe he even feels that he should be on the island (as, when he was told that there were survivors of the crash, as I am sure he was, he felt that, because he was supposed to have been flying that day, he was supposed to be with the survivors). The latter theory is weird, but it may work. Charlotte is an anthropologist who may be on the island to study what DHARMA was doing on the island (if the helicopter people are not already aware). Or maybe she is there to study the results of what DHARMA was doing. Naomi was there to be the leader, of sorts, as she was described by Miles as being a corporate something or other and she didn't have much of a social relationship with the others. Any other ideas on these people (I am sure there is much more)? I wonder why didn't Charlotte tell Locke's group that she was looking for Ben (who was always in her presence). Is it possible that she didn't know this particular mission?

As far as Sayid working for Ben in his, Sayid's, flashforward, wow, simply amazing and shocking. Ben mentioned that Sayid is protecting his, Sayid's, friends by killing people on Ben's list. I wonder what friends. The Oceanic Six? The rest of the people on the island?

I have a theory, going back to episode two, regarding a possible cover up pf the crash. It's possible that a powerful group (a group led by Charles Widmore?) covered the crash up and placed an aircraft in the ocean and even filled it up with fake (meaning the bodies weren't really the bodies of the people on 815), dead bodies. This was the impression I got when Lapidus noticed that the pilot's dead body wasn't the real pilot's dead body. So, a powerful group covers up the crash because this group knows about the island and DHARMA. Now another group (Abaddon's group/freighter people?) comes along to look for the island and the survivors of the crash (or, really, to just look for Ben, which I doubt is the sole mission) after this group finds out that the first group covered things up. Then, another group emerges (Penelope Widmore's group?) and this group also finds out that the first group covered things up and this group begins searching for the island/Desmond. If one were to put in Charles Widmore's group as the first group and Penelope Widmore's group as the third in this little theory, then it would not really be hard to imagine that Penelope's group could have easily found out that Charles Widmore's group was covering things up. Any comments?

Anyway, here is some awesome news: as the writer's strike is over, there will be five more episodes of Season Four! That means that Season Four will be comprised of 13 episodes. Here is the gist of it the news:

1) The aim is to produce FIVE more episodes of Season 4. This is three fewer than the eight scheduled before the strike occurred; the season's total will be 13 eps.
2) The entire order of 48 episodes for Seasons 4-5-6 will still be delivered-- that leaves 35 episodes to be split between Seasons 5-6.

Another lesser point is that there will be at least a 4 week hiatus between the broadcast of 4x08 and the new 4x09. Note that this may push the final episode of the season beyond the end of the Nielsen May sweeps period, so we may have been lucky to get even five eps.

I cut out the last sentence of the last paragraph quoted, as it basically advertised this article discussing the same news. Are you Losties happy? I sure am!

Ah, time for bed .

[edit on 15-2-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ok, i just nutted out this whole idea which revolves around that rocket that Faraday was experimenting with...

It kinda fried my brain a little but i think i worked something out... here goes:

It appears that the island is out of sync, as far as time goes, with the outside world.

It is really confusing, but picture this.

A pen and a bucket.
Pen = rocket.
Bucket = island. (bucket rim = field outside island. bucket bottom = island itself)

If i throw the pen into the bucket it should hit the bottom of the bucket about one second after it i release it.

However, the inside of my bucket (from the rim to the bottom) is 31 minutes back in time.

So i throw the pen and the instant it moves past the bucket's rim, it disappears - in the same way the Delorian disappears when travelling through time in Back To The Future.

Ok, with me?

Because the inside of my bucket is 31 minutes in the past, we will have to wait 31 minutes to see the pen reappear and hit the bottom of the bucket. The pen, inside the bucket, had to catch up, it was 31 minutes late.

So, in affect, the pen was actually sent, when i through it, into the buckets future. But because we are observing from outside the bucket, inside the bucket is actually in the past.

NOW...

If we were INSIDE the bucket, then the pen (and its thrower) would actually be in our future. Thats why, to us inside the bucket, that the pen was late. Because WE, inside the bucket, would be expecting the pen 31 minutes before it had even been thrown.

SO, whats this mean?

The island is 31 minutes in the PAST

The real world is 31 minutes in the FUTURE

Another way to picture it.

You are the pen thrower, i am inside the bucket waiting for the pen, and we are talking to eachother.

I tell you to throw the pen... WE have a 31 minute conversation and only then does the pen arrive to me inside the bucket.

The pen is 31 minutes late to me coz i had to wait that long for it to arrive. Therefore, when inside the bucket, i am 31 minutes in the past.

Dan says that is bad because perhaps the fact that the island is 31 minutes in the past is obviously part of some kind of problem.

Perhaps Dan is there to figure out a way to get the island and the real world back in sync.

Is it possible that the numbers and the button were involved in this? Maybe keeping the island 'in sync' with the real world?

Anyway i think that all makes sense.

And for the record, i thought the episode was fairly average. And next week's looks about the same.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
Jacks tattoo has meaning to the effect of "He who walks among us, but is not one of us..." So, could that imply he might not be the same Jack who originally boarded Oceanic 815 and the Jack that returns to the states in the season finale of last season was from the islands 'timeline' or vortice or whatever? Perhaps I'm ahead of myself and I should wait till tonight for more clues....

I like this too...

And remember the whole bad twin thing with that script and all that.

Lets take this back to season one theories now coz i just had a thought...

I remember everyone questioning how they could survive the plane crash and all these theories of them being cloned and them scattered around the island with no idea of what happened; of them all having twins and that one twin was really killed in the crash and the other ended up on the island.

Well now we have to return to these ideas. What if we are simply being led to believe that the plane wreckage is a cover up? What if every body on that plane WAS indeed the people they say they were EXCEPT for Frank?

THis would mean that OCeaninc 815 really did crash, all our survivors really did die, and that we are merely seeing another version of them on the island.

Once again i go to multiverse theory with this one too. They DID die in the crash and they ARE also on the island. Two different realities playing out.

I'm really starting to think Ben is a time traveller and he used the island for whatever reason....

Oh, also, Jacob's house had moved right. Could Hurley have broken the circle of ash, which maybe kept Jacob confined to that area, when he saw Locke and Christian Sheppard in the shack and then fell backwards?

Hence Jacob could now be on the lose??

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen

Oh, also, Jacob's house had moved right. Could Hurley have broken the circle of ash, which maybe kept Jacob confined to that area, when he saw Locke and Christian Sheppard in the shack and then fell backwards?

Hence Jacob could now be on the lose??

Right on Srsen! thats exactly what I said (to myself cuz nobody watches it with me
) ..... I immediatley thought thats what the ash was for. To contain 'Jacob' and Hurley bumbling around had released him. Very cool, we're on the same wavelength

Ya know the thing with Ben being a timetraveler - you may be right, although I mostly agree with that theory, I cant help thinking back to the rabbits and I wonder if maybe there's two of Ben. However, the time traveling Ben is a stronger arguement.

I totally understand what you are saying about the rocket and yes, this episode was average compared to the last two. But, thats okay because we get FIVE more now. Awesome!

spikeD.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

my roommate always thinks ive lost it when i watch Lost coz of the oohhs and aahhs and the talking to myself - dude i totally understand!!

you know what, something just jumped out of my brain...

What if the Ben we see off the island wasn't really Ben at all??

We all instantly assume it was. But what if the Ben off the island ISNT BEN, what f he is someone else. a clone? a twin? a Ben in a different reality? Or even, i guess, a timetravelling Ben?

oh oh what if Ben's 'man on the boat' his 'spy' is actually him!!!! It could be that there are Ben's everywhere...

If we see Ben get shot by Miles or something in the next few weeks then this is confirmed. Will have to think bout this one more to see if it makes sense, but hey, stupid theories is what Lost does to you right!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hmmm and as if to start the confirmation of what i just said - check this photo of Ben's passport from his secret room!

bp0.blogger.com...

Looks like its one of two things:

Ben is a con man with many aliases.

or

There are many Bens......

EDIT TO ADD:

Who was another character to appear to have mulitple aliases or twins/clones??

Marvin Candle!!!!

So Ben appears to be doing whatever Marvin Candle did....... thats a big hmmmmmm

[edit on 15-2-2008 by srsen]

[edit on 15-2-2008 by srsen]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

lol

I really really really doubt that.

That was ben, he even talked exactly like him, the analyzing thing he always does.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

haha yeah i dont know - you gotta put these thoughts out there.

You just never know with Lost

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Lost episode 8 onwards to return in April...

According to multiple sources, ABC plans on airing this season's final five* Lost episodes on Thursdays at 10 pm/ET beginning in late April, where it will follow all-new episodes of Grey's freakin' Anatomy! Throw in fresh installments of Ugly Betty at 8 pm and you've got yourself the most formidable one-two-three punch since the early days of CBS' Survivor/CSI/Without a Trace smashup. Creatively speaking, I'd go so far as to say this rivals NBC's storied Must-See-TV juggernaut back in the '90s.

The best part is that I'm hearing that ABC is strongly considering keeping this dream lineup intact this fall... and beyond.

* This just in: I'm now hearing that Lost's final arc may consist of six episodes, not five. No, Team Darlton isn't making an extra episode this season. Rather, the final installment of the current run (aka Episode 8) will likely be held to kick off the final batch of five. According to my spies, Episode 7 makes for a better, more logical, break. Discuss....

Latest from Kristin regarding new schedule...

The last episode of the current pod (episode seven) will air Mar. 13. Then the show will be off the air for six weeks and return Apr. 24 at 9 p.m.

(That Apr. 24 episode will be the already-completed episode eight, which was filmed prestrike, but which apparently works much better as a minipremiere than it does as a minifinale.)

"We are going to execute our full story plan for season four," D.L. says. "This simply requires a shift from high-octane storytelling to superhigh-octane storytelling. It requires no cramming, only a slightly heavier foot on the gas pedal...so, hold on to your hats. Those of you waiting for the long-anticipated Jin and Hurley Ping-Pong tournament, however, will be very disappointed."

Episode 4.03 - The Economist - Deleted Scene...

Episode 4.03 - The Economist - Ratings...

“Lost” (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Surging from its lead-in (the previous week’s episode), ABC’s “Lost” moved ABC into a dominant first place at 9:00 p.m., beating its closest competition in the time period by 2.6 million viewers (13.6 million vs. 11.0 million - CBS) and by 54% in Adults 18-49 (5.7/15 vs. 3.7/10 – NBC).

Segment Ratings for "The Economist"...

The writer of this bit mistakenly calls Sayid's flashforwards flashbacks. It is most likely a mistake, as one could certainly tell that is wasn't a flashback.

Ratings for "The Economist" Are In...

I would like to know what people have to do on Thursday nights aside from watching Lost, because the ratings keep slipping from week to week against very little competition. Maybe last night's slippage was just a case of people having other things to do on Valentine's Day. But really, what's better than sitting down with your loved one and watching Sayid plug a woman full of holes? That says romance to me.

Anyway, "The Economist" had 13.62 million viewers last night. This is down from 15.06 million for "Confirmed Dead," and 16.07 million for the season premiere. I don't think the falling numbers have anything to do with the quality of the episodes, but are simply a product of lowered anticipation for some people after the premiere. Let's hope next week's installment gets a boost, as it won't be falling on any sort of holiday.

Lost Easter Eggs: Episode 4.3 "The Economist"...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
just saw the latest episode with kate and i guess something happened to claire cause thats claires baby!!!

and remember when the phycic in season one told claire that no one else should raise that baby!!!!!!!!!! utuh!!!!!!

:bash::bnghd:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucanneverdie
just saw the latest episode with kate and i guess something happened to claire cause thats claires baby!!!

Yes, Aaron is Claire's baby. I thought that Kate might raise Aaron off island right after the scene where Kate's lawyer wanted her son to testify. I thought that it would fit into the time line, as Aaron would be older than an actual offspring of Kate's if he/she were to be born off island (even though Aaron is only about three months old). Even though I thought Kate's son would be Aaron, it was still shocking as hell to find out that this was actually the case. I wonder why Jack didn't want to see Aaron, though. Maybe Claire died or was, at least, left on the island.

and remember when the phycic in season one told claire that no one else should raise that baby!!!!!!!!!! utuh!!!!!!

Yup. I wonder if something bad will happen to Kate and Aaron.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Didnt Kate and Jack get it on in the net a few seasons back

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by twestjr79
Didnt Kate and Jack get it on in the net a few seasons back

I don't think they had sex. I can't be sure, though. The two just got caught in one of Rousseau's nets and Sawyer, when told where they were, misinterpreted that to mean sex. Sure the two made out, but nothing major happened.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Theonly reason i ask is cuz Kate sorta acted like a mother would if the father didnt want to see the child.( After court before she got in the cab.)
Im saying it now I think the babys Jacks

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by twestjr79

dude how is the baby jacks?

1) aaron is claires baby
2) jack and claire are brother and sister.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ucanneverdie

I was thinking that they had sex in the net but I totally forgot that Jack and Clair are brother and sister thanks for reminding me.That still leaves the Question as to why Jack dont want to see the Baby

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join