It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may have to take military action against Iran: Bolton

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Looks like nuclear weapons to me...

I am no nuclear physicist, but I would think that they would be wearing a better protective gear than this. These suits look like what they wear to protect against dust and static only, not anit-radiation suits. Come on... shower caps and a dust mask? I don't buy this picture at all. This could be a sterile environment dairy farm or a microbrewery for all we know. Either way, it's all propaganda!

Could these be events leading to World War 3?

[edit on 1/23/2008 by Amaxium]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Iran is only trying to gain access to nuclear power for civilian uses, and if they are trying to enrich uranium for nuclear missiles, I have no problem with it.

In an earlier thread, you were saying that the US ought to have their nukes taken away, but it's A-OK for Iranians to have them?

Hmmmm.....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am not one for attacking Iran but for all those that think Iran wants Israel as a neighbor I offer the two following images. Please look carefully at the second image and what is at the bottom of the hour glass. The first one is self explanatory.

There are two globes, one broken the other falling. Iran's agenda, brake/destroy the US and then Israel. If you don't think that is on their minds, your extremely naive.

External image

External image

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

While Iran's determination to wage war with the U.S. and Israel is obvious to most, certain individuals you are dealing with on this forum are pro-terrorist activists. So they'll deflect those photographs as media propaganda if it doesn't play into their anti-American/Israeli agenda or it would be justified to them in some way.
Either way...I wonder how recently these photographs were taken...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I do not want to hear the whole wiping Israel off the map bull#, that's been proven false on ATS many times.

You dont want to hear it, but if you visit islamic countries and talk to the people as I have done in tunisia, egypt, palestine and jordan, you will hear that there is a large consensus that isreal has no right to even exist and that the country must be eliminated.

I am not at all for an attack or war but always for diplomatic means as everything can be solved by talking and negotiating. But as your posts repeatedly point out how iran is the victim, consider that islamists are not friendly towards israel.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by pstrron

While Iran's determination to wage war with the U.S. and Israel is obvious to most, certain individuals you are dealing with on this forum are pro-terrorist activists. So they'll deflect those photographs as media propaganda if it doesn't play into their anti-American/Israeli agenda or it would be justified to them in some way.
Either way...I wonder how recently these photographs were taken...

If you are referencing my comment regarding the photograph, I could care less what you say because I am true American through and through, not a pro-terrorist. Lets examine some facts. This is not to be intended as a "bash" by any means. This is a friendly open discussion.

1. Do you work with nuclear materials?
2. Do some research and find out what is and is not radiation suits and answer whether or not those suits depicted in the picture qualify as anti radiation.
3. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. It won't be the first, won't be the last. I am just doubting that this is 100% proof that this picture depicts they are working on a nuke weapon.

Here is my thought process on this.

1. I have been to a local nuclear power plant, locally on a school trip, The canisters shown would indicate that liquid is contained in them. This would indicate, if the picture be true, the nuclear waste or materials will have liquid form. Which would mean, for safety reasons, workers would work around the canisters in anti-radiation suits. Googling the suits will show you what is and is not anti-radiation protective gear.

2. I have been to and worked in a few industrial plants in my area. These canisters can contain anything liquid. Just because you see 2 large canisters with pipes all around and someone wearing some form of protective gear from something, we are just supposed to assume that it alone is proof they are working on producing a nuke? I do not buy it. I know these suits they are wearing. I have friends who work for TI and they all agree, These are for anti-static and dust protection only. NOT anti-radiation suits.

I am not stating that Iran is or is not trying to create a nuke. I am stating that I do not see enough evidence, based on this picture, to believe that they are.

Let the friendly debate ensue. Let all participate and offer advise or better substantiated facts.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli
Why not just disarm Israel instead and prevent any more loss of life ? Their military serves only to terrorize fugitives anyways. The US would then become friends with the arab countries and Iran, there would be a big party with Shakira in Beyrouth, and there will be no more terrorism. Also, the millions of deported palestinians could finally return to their homesteads.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by ergoli]

Disarm? Wont happen- they are a sovereign nation with God's plan behind them unlike any other nation. Read your Bible.
The Palestinian terrorists are squatting on ancient Israeli homeland- read your Bible. The US is endangering her own right to her land by insisting that Israel give up land like Judea and Samaria to the terrorists and calling it the West Bank. Read your Bible.
The nations will be judged some day on how they treated Israel and the Jew .......so will people - read your Bible.
Y

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

While Iran's determination to wage war with the U.S. and Israel is obvious to most, certain individuals you are dealing with on this forum are pro-terrorist activists.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on ATS

You might as well slap a big fat label on your Avatar: GOVERNMENT AGENT.

Listen, bud. The Iranian people are scared to death of a war with U.S. Just because they have some maniac as their president (sound familiar) doesn't mean they want war with us.

People who are grounded in REALITY know this. REAL journalists and REAL Americans, people who have traveled to Iran, they all know this.

The whole notion that Iran is itching to blow up America and Israel is PROPAGANDA spread by the Iranian president himself and all you filthy warmongering scum
But don't worry, the American people aren't falling for it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Israeli one big up on Iran swarm boats - icbm

from libertypost.org:
Post Date: 2008-01-18 18:54:24

The successful test-firing of an Israeli long-range nuclear-capable missile Thursday was coordinated with the US Missile Defense Program

Israeli and US defense officials tied up the last ends during President George. W. Bush’s visit last week. The successful test of a propulsion system for the dual-stage missile from the Palmahim base Thursday, Jan. 17, was a breakthrough. Western military experts report the new system can propel the missile to any point on earth – an intercontinental capability owned only by the US, Russia, China and France, with important applications for Israel’s military and civilian satellite programs as well.

The test’s context was as much the huge Russian naval maneuver launched in the Mediterranean Tuesday, Jan. 16, as missile and potential nuclear threats from Iran. Eleven vessels were drawn for the war game from two Russian fleets, Atlantic Northwest and Black Sea. It is led by the Admiral Kuznetsov air carrier with 47 warplanes and 10 helicopters on board and the Moskva missile cruiser.

The Israeli propulsion test coincided with a tactical Russian missile launch and landed in the same part of the sea. It sent out a signal that the entire Mediterranean, including the permanent bases Moscow is in the course of establishing in the Syrian naval ports of Tartous and Latakia, are within range.

Our military sources report that US Sixth Fleet vessels cordoned off the landing area of the Israeli missile and prevented Russian ships from closely tracking its course.

Those so...snip

this was on debka file but since pulled
y

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

If the US can have them, so should everyone else.

Its rather insane we have nuclear weapons at all, but that is a whole other story.

Get it?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yacov

Originally posted by ergoli
Why not just disarm Israel instead and prevent any more loss of life ? Their military serves only to terrorize fugitives anyways. The US would then become friends with the arab countries and Iran, there would be a big party with Shakira in Beyrouth, and there will be no more terrorism. Also, the millions of deported palestinians could finally return to their homesteads.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by ergoli]

Disarm? Wont happen- they are a sovereign nation with God's plan behind them unlike any other nation. Read your Bible.

You are a dangerous religious fanatic and disinformer.

The Palestinian terrorists are squatting on ancient Israeli homeland- read your Bible. The US is endangering her own right to her land by insisting that Israel give up land like Judea and Samaria to the terrorists and calling it the West Bank. Read your Bible.
The nations will be judged some day on how they treated Israel and the Jew .......so will people - read your Bible.
Y

I have counted perhaps 20 palestinian terrorists over the last eight years. Why has Israel been executing over 10.000 palestinian civilians over the same period ? They kill 99,9% innocent civilians. Your god cannot be any other than Moloch.

Jewish behaviour is inspired from the UK colonialist treatment of arabs. And they have already been judged by history. Israel won't be judged on different premises.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The folks in Washington have been aching to Bomb Iran for the last 7 years now and I suspect before the election it will happen. Isreal or the U.S. or both but I feel it coming. And oh by the way.

The christian religion has been hijacked.

www.liveleak.com...

It scares me to death when I hear the venom and hatred in the voices of those who call themselves christian these days.

The biggest obstacle to world peace the American People are facing and indeed the entire world is facing is coming from right here in America.
This is not a Democratic thing or a Republican thing. This is something very evil and it has been flourishing in the shadows of our democracy for 50+ years.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join