It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may have to take military action against Iran: Bolton

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It does not matter what Bolton says. He has no power now does he?

Israel has nothing to fear. They now have missile defense systems to protect their precious homeland.

Don't worry, in a ground war Israel wouldn't stand a chance against anyone except for maybe the obsolete Syrian, Egyptian, and Lebanese armies.

However, Iran is another story altogether.

Is that why you pro-Israeli guys are so afraid of Iran? They have a chance to 'wipe the regime controlling Israel off the map' to quote Ahmadinejad.

I say all for it, maybe Israel will stop attacking their Semitic and Arab neighbors.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
How can you continue to support Israel's offenses against their neighbors?

Is it because you still feel bad for them about the "Holocaust?" Well, newsflash, they're creating another genocide in their own country against Palestinians.

There comes a point where you have to move on from what happened in the past and focus on the present.

Iran is only trying to gain access to nuclear power for civilian uses, and if they are trying to enrich uranium for nuclear missiles, I have no problem with it.

Israel has nukes. They've committed far worse atrocities in their history as a nation than the Iranians have.

Shall I do research for you or are you already set in your minds?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Agencies have reported that there is a significant connection between Iran's government and terrorist organizations.

Iran has no connections to terrorist organizations whatsoever. They have connections to Hezbollah which is an antizionist resistance movement in Lebanon that stood up to the fierce israeli bombings and shelling of Beyrouth in 1982 which killed and displaced millions of innocent victims. They have no known history of terrorism and are more like popular heroes of freedom and justice. The US however have very close political, material and financial ties to extremely radical anti-iranian terrorist organizations like the MEK (they're the human torches you have seen a couple of years ago on TV) or to the zionist regime which uses the hundreds of billions of US subsidies to terrorize innocent fugitives living in concentration camps for decades now. If the US wants to destroy terrorist organizations related to Iran, they'll have to nuke themselves.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by ergoli]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Why is this being reported by 'John Bolton'. What position does he currently hold? I thought we finally got this nut job out of the UN about a year ago. If Mr Bolton just acting as a mouthpiece for an agenda?

I just found this article as wellBolton: Chance Bush will strike Iraq is low

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

Iran has no connections to terrorist organizations whatsoever.

Hizballah may not be terrorist to an islamic extremist, but as far as I'm concerned Hizballah is a terrorist organization and is listed as one of many that Iran has supported.

www.state.gov...

But I realize those who harbor anti-American and anti-Israeli sentiments (which are plenty on this forum) will attempt to deflect any information linking terrorist activity to Iran, despite all the legitimate sources. However, I and several other Americans will take U.S. intelligence over the superstitions of pro-terrorist activists any day.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Are you referring to the same intelligence agency that said Iran's nuclear program had halted several years ago and was no threat to the world?

Or are you referring to something else we're not aware of?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
"Looks like nuclear weapons to me". Um no, thats what is used to MAKE the weapons notht eh weapons themselves. DUH>

Originally posted by biggie smalls

As long as the US isn't drawn into another war, Israel can 'play' soldier all they want.

They will have a tough time against a heavily armed Iranian military regardless of all the US toys they've been given.

"One can say with some assurance that in the next year the use of force by the United States is highly unlikely," Bolton told AFP on the sidelines of the Herzliya conference on the balance of Israel's national security.

I really hope he's right and not just in the next year, but ever.

At least he is talking some common sense for once:

"That increases the pressure on Israel in that period of time... if it feels Iran is on the verge of acquiring that capability, it brings the decision point home to use force," he said.

The hawkish former diplomat said that after a US intelligence report published late last year that claimed Iran had suspended a nuclear weapons programme in 2003, the US was unlikely to take military action against it.

"The pressure is on Israel now after the National Intelligence Estimate because, I think, the likelihood of American use of force has been dramatically reduced," he said.

Its unlikely for the US to attack because our military is bogged down in other foreign wars and the civilian population isn't stupid enough to believe another war is a good idea.

Looks like nuclear weapons to me...

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
How can you continue to support Israel's offenses against their neighbors?

I will support the right of any country to defend themsleves when they get attack and innocent women, men and children die, that goes for all sides.

Is it because you still feel bad for them about the "Holocaust?" Well, newsflash, they're creating another genocide in their own country against Palestinians.

Gross exageration, but still one life loss is one to many. And news flash, Israel is not the only one doing the killing. Both sides are at fault.

There comes a point where you have to move on from what happened in the past and focus on the present.

Like for many people to accept the fact that Israel is a sovereign nation internationally recognized?

Iran is only trying to gain access to nuclear power for civilian uses, and if they are trying to enrich uranium for nuclear missiles, I have no problem with it.

I do, we dont need more of that in this world.

Israel has nukes. They've committed far worse atrocities in their history as a nation than the Iranians have.

Atrocities has been commited on BOTH sides, its call WAR one that has been going for far to long because of the stupidity and fanaticism on both sides.

Look when I came here I was just the guy that believe that the Arabs were to blame for all the problems of the ME, I have change my views somewhat and also realize that Israel is part of the problem, but not the entire problem.

That region what it need are leaders of peace that would deliver it to the people on both sides, so children can go out and play without fear of getting blown up by missiles, rockets, suicide bombers. So people can live a normal life without the fear.

I have learned that blame it all on one side just keeps the vicious cycle of violence rolling.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Bunch I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I more or less expected the pro-Israeli crowd to come crying 'terrorist' so I had to come off a little brute.

I do not support the murdering of innocents no matter what side does it.

BOTH and I mean BOTH sides are at fault. Each country has its own share of genocidal atrocities that they need to take responsibility for, including the US, Iran, and Israel.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm so sick to death of the CFR and all their little cronies, like Bolton.

Just throwing out fabrications OVER and OVER.

It has already been proven COUNTLESS TIMES that Iran is nowhere near capable of making an atomic weapon, yet we have these SNAKES lying to us to our very face, over and over.

It makes me ill with rage. It's only a matter of time before we start dropping bombs in Iran and have to admit to the public "Oops, they don't have nukes."

Sound familiar? "Oops... no WMD's."

God I am so scared for my country... CFR lying scumbags are just itching to push us into World War 3.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Thanks for the post, I seriously and honestly come to believe what I have posted, and as soon more people understand that and get off of the Israeli or Arab/Iran bandwagon and start working for real peace, not peace by the way of the gun the sooner I think it will be accomplished.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

oh great, now we're gonna have to start singing "It's the end of the world as we know it" and actually mean it!

Is it any wonder politicians are despised?

Seriously, why do we need politicians again? I liked it better in the past where it was the local community govts. that took care of their citizens and not the federal govt. We should just do away with the federal govt. altogether and go back to being "these united states of america" instead of "this united states of america"

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The flawed logic here is that Iran "has" to be attacked, because they "have" the technology/weapon to attack Israel; but if Israel happened to "have" the same technology/weapon to attack Iran, it would be ok, because Israel doesn't invade other countries?

I remember seeing Bolton on the Daily Show. Even when the show is a comedy show, Bolton's expressions and outright unrelenting support of Bush scared me. When Stewart said anything critical of Bush, you could see Bolton's eyes widen, as if Stewart had personally attacked Bolton's mother. His unquestionable support of Bush and him (Bolton) telling outright lies (that Stewart proved to be lies the next day), makes me think that Bush's followers views him as their king. It scares me to think what kind of man Bush is, to have people follow him like this.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog
Why is this being reported by 'John Bolton'. What position does he currently hold? I thought we finally got this nut job out of the UN about a year ago. If Mr Bolton just acting as a mouthpiece for an agenda?

Probably for the simple fact that he doesn't have much clout anymore. He is being used as a mouthpiece for those in power that DO feel the same way he does but cannot outright say it in such dramatic terms. He has a bit more wiggle room to flail his arms around scream "Hit Iran now! Hit Iran now!"

Yes, as you mentioned I do think it is part of an agenda.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I suppose he disagrees with the intelligence ascessment that states explicitly that Iran discontinued its nuclear program 5 years ago in 2003.

I will be so glad when we get fanatics like Bolton far away from the halls of power. These neo-cons have done this country an untold amount of harm.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It would appear that Bolton isn't the only one with no grasp of reality.
You honestly believe that our government is more extreme than that of Iran? You honestly believe the world is in greater danger because we have nukes, than if Iran had them? You honestly want us to be attacked and disarmed? Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Israel is our closest ally in that region, and the only western style democracy as well. They aren't the threat to mid east stability. Islamic fanatics with nukes are a huge threat, not just to the mid east, but western civilization.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

I hear this statement being said quite often, but how can you back up Israel being our "closest" ally, when they pose the greatest threat to the US? If it isn't Israeli lobby groups to buy out our politicians, it's their spies infiltrating our top secret sectors of goverment, or their army using our money to make or resell weapons to countries we are on shaky terms with (ex. China). Not only that, but anytime Israel does anything wrong, and the UN tries to punish them, who is it that always comes to their rescue, in order to help them at the cost of ruining our public image with the rest of the world?

It was because of US's forced signing of the "Wolfowitz Doctrine", by former World Bank leader Paul Wolfowitz that we now have to sacrifice our own soldiers to secure Israeli interests, by invading Iraq.

Now that our soldiers are dwindling down to nothing, Israel wants another war, and they want us to pay for all the costs - US soldier's lives, finances, weaponry, time.

Is this what you call the closest ally?

If you look at their democracy, you can see it's far from Western, unless you count the democracy of 1930's US where white men had power over anyone who is colored.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Every intel agency in the world spies on friend and foe alike. The Japanese sold Russia tech on bearings and propellers, which allowed them to make quieter subs- are they our enemy too? I'm not happy when I hear about technology leaks, but....
Was it the Knesset's doing, or individuals trying to make a buck? I guarantee you, the level of personal liberty in Israel is higher than in any other mid eastern country.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
If you look at their democracy, you can see it's far from Western, unless you count the democracy of 1930's US where white men had power over anyone who is colored.

Thanks for the good post DJMessiah.

Israel is really the last country enforcing Apartheid. The US shouldn't side with these kind of lunatic criminals.

Caught in the Act: A majority of Israeli Jews are in favour of the Apartheid

- Culture: 37 % of the Israeli Jews polled think that the Arabic culture is inferior to the Jewish one.
- Arabophobia: Each time overhearing someone speaking Arabic, 50 % of Israeli Jews feel fear and 31 % feel hatred.
- Security: 56 % of the Israeli Jews think that Israeli Arabs pose a security problem to the State of Israel.
- Segregation: 55 % of the Israeli Jews wish that the Jews and Arabs are kept apart in the places of leisure.
- Citizenship: 40 % of the Israeli Jews think that Israeli Arabs should be deprived of their right to vote.

www.voltairenet.org...

[edit on 23-1-2008 by ergoli]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join