It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Supremists march in Louisiana on King Holiday

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

White Supremists march in Louisiana on King Holiday

www.reuters.com

JENA, Louisiana (Reuters) - About 25 white supremacists marched through this central Louisiana town on Monday in a white power rally on the U.S. national holiday honoring slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King.

They called for the holiday to be abolished and demanded harsh justice for the "Jena 6" -- six black teenagers who beat a white schoolmate in a racially-charged incident in 2006.

"I'm just here to help get some justice for that boy for getting his butt kicked by six coons," another marcher, David Dupre of Tioga, Louisiana, told Reuters.

The march, organized by the Mississippi-based Nationalist Movement, a self-described "pro-majority" group, drew an opposition protest about 10 times larger and much more vocal in a sometimes tense confrontation.

"I'm a firm believer that you have to confront evil and I think these people are here to promote evil," John Hill, a black former U.S. Marine from Monroe, Louisiana said of the marchers.

At least 150 policemen kept the opposing camps separated.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Boy, these guys have some serious cajones. Particularly with such a small group of them. Not too bright.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
OMG!
I wonder if they all were arrested and taken to jail!
This is a hate crime!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I dont believe in that but if our neighborhood doesnt stop selling drugs I may find a way to get up with the KKK and see if they can scare the crap out of the dealers.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
I dont believe in that but if our neighborhood doesnt stop selling drugs I may find a way to get up with the KKK and see if they can scare the crap out of the dealers.

Hilda

well Hilda, that won't work cuz the CIA will just hire
somebody else to push their dope. I mean our gubment
black ops have to be funded somehow.

apc

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Was that a pun?

Only 25 of the twerps, eh? Can you really call that a march?

So it was,

25 skinheads
150 cops
250 skinhead-crushers

You know... if someone had just thrown a bottle... just one bottle...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Truly sad especially in this day and age, BUT they have every right to march.
The truth is nobody has any right or capabilty to force any person to like another.
This applies to people on both sides of the racial divide.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow, these people really wanted attention huh?

Thats got to rank in the Top 10 most pathetic things so far this year.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
OMG!
This is a hate crime!

I wonder if its a hate crime for the black panther party and Al Sharpton to march in NC during the Duke players trial and call for their head even though they werent found guilty and never was for that matter? Its kind of a double standard. What about when Sharpton and his Posse went to LA to protest even though it was the white kid who got his arse kicked. Ahh double standards gotta love them.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

OMG!
This is a hate crime!

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic. No offense meant by me saying that, by the way. I just really can't tell.

One person was taken to jail, and that was one of the anti-KKK protestors. I don't know very much about what happened. I just read about this on CNN.

I will begin by saying that I am white, and I am embarrassed by the KKK and other white supremacist organizations. They do not represent me, or my beliefs, and I hate the fact that they act like they represent all white people. Ugh!!

Now that that is out of the way... I agree with what the poster above me had to say about the black groups that march. What the KKK did was no more a hate crime than any of the previous marches in Jena, or any similar protest organized by anyone. The KKK must be allowed to protest, if they follow the law in doing so. The second they, or any other group, steps outside of the boundaries of the law, their march should be halted and their rally disbanded.

Even though I hate what the KKK stands for, I support their right to march and their right to protest 100%. I disagree with their message, but I agree that they have a right to march and say whatever they want. Free speech and all.

Ignorance, yes. Hate crime, no.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
true very true in fact the police here in NC seem to be scared of the Blacks look at Angier when 5 police all took of a running when chasing one man. The blacks started shooting in that trailor park and finally they had to call the National guard in to get all of the folks out. I know one of the officers mom and she told me he was white as a ghost when he got to Stuarts store because they had so many of them shooting at them.

Look at the black lady in Raleigh that murdered a woman for calling her a Nigger. and she stalked the woman and her daughter down and killed the white lady she got all of 48 hours community service for taking a life.

The blacks get away with murder here all the time.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is correct its called freedom of speech. Its not just for one group its for all groups even though you may or may not agree with what they have to say. Call me a bigot call me whatever you want but I feel there is a lot of reverse discrimination in this country and something needs to change. Al Sharpton has the right to say what he wants even though I dont agree with him half the time but you dont see me marching and causing trouble for him.

Just be consistant that is all I ask.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Its kind of a double standard.

Black/white racism is the most blatant example of double standards.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I know that is why I said it. White people because we feel guilty about what happened to the blacks have let a lot of stuff slide. A lot of cities be burned. A lot of false accusations. A lot of large areas of cites be ruined because of slavery which slavery is not right at all. But people are getting sick of it and its starting to come to the attention of a lot of bystanders and things will start to change. Oh I also want to go on record as saying I understand why blacks didnt want to fight certain wars for a country that hated them I understand all of this but those times are gone.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

OMG!
This is a hate crime!

I think, with all this noose nonsense, MagicaRose is "predicting" the future of white America.

Why is it a hate crime to hold views different to the status quo? Yes, white supremacism is bad, however do you advocate arresting such "intellectual notables" as Leonard Jeffries, Francis Cress Welsing for their anti-white views?

"I'm just here to help get some justice for that boy for getting his butt kicked by six coons," another marcher, David Dupre of Tioga, Louisiana, told Reuters

To be fair, the "Jena Six":

1. Mostly had criminal records before this event occurred, and
2. Attacked a white person not even related to the hanging of nooses at Jena, and
3. Had to be dragged off the victim by others - if this didn't happen, the "Jena Six" would just be another story of "youths killing a fellow students".

Originally posted by ChronManWow, these people really wanted attention huh?

Thats got to rank in the Top 10 most pathetic things so far this year.

Not "quite" as pathetic as Quanell X and his "New Black Panthers" marching arrogantly into the centre of a pro-Joe Horn march and getting shouted down by approximately 1000 Horn supporters:

Quanell X and the New Black Panthers confront Joe Horn supporters

And isn't the most fundamental tenet of "free speech" the protecting of speech we disagree with?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar

And isn't the most fundamental tenet of "free speech" the protecting of speech we disagree with?

Well said!

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
I know that is why I said it. White people because we feel guilty about what happened to the blacks have let a lot of stuff slide. A lot of cities be burned. A lot of false accusations. A lot of large areas of cites be ruined because of slavery which slavery is not right at all. But people are getting sick of it and its starting to come to the attention of a lot of bystanders and things will start to change. Oh I also want to go on record as saying I understand why blacks didnt want to fight certain wars for a country that hated them I understand all of this but those times are gone.

Fully agreed and I was brought up in Maine where blacks and whites were equals. So I have never been prejudice in my whole life but when you see your cousin murdered by a black that just wanted to go joy riding in his truck, you have to wonder why they are so bad. And yes here in NC they are bad. In the 2 years we have been back here I have seen my cousin Murdered. A neighbor murdered and I have been robbed at gun point 2 times my husband 4 times and at knife point once each. So believe me its worse then worse. And all of the people were black doing the injustice. yet the police have never caught these folks.

The worst part is it is usually in small towns not in the city. I live way out away from people so its not like I live in a city. I dont even want to imagine what its like living in Raleigh.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I also just read that one of the marchers had a noose on his belt...ok now this is stupid its people like that who give guys like me who want equality for all a bad name. Get rid of the parkin noose around your belt. Its white guys like that who give white guys like me a bad name. Also dont go and do a speech on how you want to bring back segregation. I want equality for all whites and blacks.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes, I was being sarcastic.

I do not think it is a crime to hold views different to the status quo.
If I felt it was wrong would I be expressing my veiws on ATS?
No, I would not advocate arresting anyone for their anti-white veiws or anti-black veiws.
So why are white Americans fired from their jobs for speaking certain words about blacks?
I think there is alot of reverse racism in America.
Is it acceptable for blacks to call whites names and try to change our culture ?
Absolutely not!
Why aren't they arrested for calling whites names and expressing THEIR hatred for the white race?
I know what you're going to say " they ALL are not like that".
Try moving into a black neighborhood and you'll find out real fast that you are not accepted but it's ok for them to move into a white neighborhood and expect the whites to conform to their lifestyle and culture.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
look guys...as an american mutt who happens to be considered black
in america, I APOLOGISE for everything ever done to every one of
you by a black person. now, it's YOUR responsibility to know and
understand ALL BLACKS DON'T RAPE, ROB and STEAL. there are good
and bad in EVERY RACE... i see these threads and usually the same people
are the ones complaining about THE BLACKS in THEIR TOWN as though
all of them are killers. damn, it gets old. it's the same when the same
posters start the anti-JEWISH covert crap....damn y'all...can't you
understand? I personally don't give a damn who marches where. it's
their right, ignorant or not. i think both the KLAN and the NEW PANTHERS
are idiots. you must realize that when you paint everyone with a wide
brush, you are cheating yourself of one of lifes pleasures on this earth.
it's character NOT color. please stop with the "THE BLACKS, THE JEWS"
crap....we are all different individuals!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join