It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Something Wrong with Americans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Friends, friends, look at the US. We are the mainstay for global economic collapse, we are in most countries in the world, we control much of the world's oil, we are invading countries and threatening countries that could well lead to global war. And the people are waiting. The inhabitants of this degrading world have every right to speak out against the degraders. The US has poked its nose in so many affairs that I feel that anyone who has a good idea about these affairs and the US Democracy is in a position to protest it. Just look at the G8 Summit and other events! They were greatly protesting George Bush!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Nyorai.....I'm not denying the shortcomings of the US government and the jackass we have for a president.

What I would like the OP to tell us is where he is from. Very simple question. Very pertinent to the discussion as he is throwing stones from a glass house. I told the OP that I would not take part in this discussion unless he takes the brown paper bag off of his mushroom head.

Someone else on here has taken the position that where the OP is from doesn't matter. Maybe, it doesn't matter to you. That is certainly your prerogative. I'm certainly not going to tell you that it should matter to you. But, it matters to me and your opinion doesn't change that. My perception is my reality and my perception is that I need to know where the OP is from if he wants any sort of a reasonable conversation.

If he chooses to continue to throw rocks from behind a wall, then he might as well talk to one.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

What I would like the OP to tell us is where he is from. Very simple question. Very pertinent to the discussion as he is throwing stones from a glass house.

EB, drop it. If the OP wanted to say where he/she is from, he/she would. The ONLY reason you're being so adamant about it is so that you can turn it around on his/her country and get into a 'well at least this about MY country' type of debate, and I think the above quote pretty much shows that to be true.

Why not debate what the OP is saying instead of looking for something to hit back with.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Those conflicts are none issues, Those who control Endor want to control the planet its as simple as that, you know of any one else that does, Hoth might have ambitions but their decades awat from it. Endor is the only country waging war on 3rd world nations and looks to be expanding that process.

As for getting my info from leftiss colums actually I read the legislation, So Long, Thanks For All the Fish, Babble Fish etc . Unless your (should read "YOU'RE) saying they are leftist (nothing like a good label) documents, and rather than picking out the bits you like (Should be a period here) how about studying the whole thing from start to finish. And to be honest if you cannot (Should be can't or can not) debate subjects in a civil (Comma) logical manner perhaps you should not even bother.

Did I miss something here? EB wasn't being illogical or uncivil. Of course you forgot that this is in the RANT forum and in BELOW TOP SECRET. Further more, you are implying that the vast majority of the American people are lemmings or sheep and this, my friend, just is not the case.

What is wrong with the rest of the world? Go pick on Liechtenstein or Montenegro.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

EB, drop it. If the OP wanted to say where he/she is from, he/she would. The ONLY reason you're being so adamant about it is so that you can turn it around on his/her country and get into a 'well at least this about MY country' type of debate, and I think the above quote pretty much shows that to be true.

Why not debate what the OP is saying instead of looking for something to hit back with.

Drop it? NO....I don't think so. You can read my mind I see, even through a computer. AMAZING! I told the OP that I would LOVE to get into a debate with him if he simply tells us where he lives. Very simple little question. Very pertinent to the debate. You see friend, it is pertinent to me and that is all that matters to me. You certainly have a right to your opinion, but don't try to throw it on me.....

If the OP was any kind of man, he would step up and tells us where he lives. Otherwise, he is just a straw man. And.....his nonsense ramblings about the US are also made of straw!!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It looks like the thread title is reflecting what is taking place inside the thread

EB I know I'm not the OP but I live in the US and agree with most if not all of the original post. Does that help any?

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Uggggh. It's not a matter of needing to read your mind. It's a logical assumption. The ONLY logical assumption. The ONLY thing you could use that information for is to use it back on Magic when that's not part of the subject.

Is it really THAT hard to find a way around knowing where the OP lives so that you can have a valid counterpoint?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
EB, I think your being economical with the truth, what you really want is to get into a my countries better than yours game but the thread is not about that. Its simply asking a question are Americans aware of what is going on inside their country and the Goverment, that is the debate not my country or anyone else's.

If you wish to start such a debate then please go ahead but there is no requirement for it here, its not about making comparisons its just about discussing the subject matter, asking you as an American, are you aware of the issues or not its as simple as that.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I don't think EB is asking in order to get into a "my country is better than yours" debate. I just think that knowing where you are from will tell us a lot about where your point of view is coming from and what not.

Me personally, it's no suprise that our country has been spying on us and doing what they can to take away rights little by little. Heck I think most countries are like that. They have been doing this for decades honestly. Now with the patriot act they finally have the cajones to do it right out in the open. Still I don't feel anything has changed in my life anyways because of the patriot act. It's still the same bs, different day.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Knowing where the OP is from may or may not tell you what his/her perception is. People in all countries have all sorts of different opinions. It's never a good idea to make blanket assumptions about any group of people. Why? Because you will get it wrong every single time.
Where MM is from makes no difference to me; his opinion is just as valid if he were from Mars.
And I really don't think it was very nice of you to call the OP racist. He has said nothing in relation to race. I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
You have stated that you will not engage in debate if the OP doesn't tell you where he's from; he obviously considers that personal information and doesn't want to say. So if you aren't going to debate, drop it already and get off the thread unless you have something relevant to say, instead of just harassing the OP. Don't shoot the messenger.
I'm an American, I love my country but I hate my corrupt govt. That doesn't make me anti-American.
What ARE you so upset about anyway? That someone from POSSIBLY another country MIGHT be expressing concern about the U.S.?
Sorry, but I think the high horse you rode in on is pretty lame.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Now, back to the topic. Mushroom, I agree with you. It's as if the majority of Americans are sleepwalking. I think some of it is that most folks in this country are barely able to pay their bills; many work 2 jobs to feed their families. Then they have to stay up until all hours when they help their kids with their homework. They are sleep-deprived and without hope, because they will probably have to work until they die.

But we also have a thing called nationalism here in the U.S. We are taught that we are the best country in the world. That may have been true once
but not now - we are freefalling from our pedestal.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

I also think it's a high horse that the OP came in on saying there is something wrong with all Americans. The views can go both ways.

Every country has it's issues and we just have to deal with them as they come. There are many people protesting the patriot act and voicing out their opinions against it and other laws and factions here in the U.S. Call me crazy but I do have faith in the people and despite everything, I still love my country. I guess that makes me another stupid American.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It doesn't make you a stupid American because you seem to have an idea of what's going on. But it does make you an optimist. I don't have that much faith in the American people to take action, but I have even less faith that my govt will get straightened out. Too much power for the elites.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

I also think it's a high horse that the OP came in on saying there is something wrong with all Americans. The views can go both ways.

Yes, and I'm sure we all know that any genius who can classify over 300 million people in the same category is not playing with a full deck.

I don't think there's anybody out there who doesn't agree with that.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If I am harassing the OP, I have to laugh. He is harassing all Americans then isn't he? I just want the OP to tell us where he is from so we are playing on an equal field. He wants to trash my country....fine. Where is he from?

And I don't want to play "my country is better than yours." I'm not a child and we're not on a playground. I already stated that there are problems with our government and our president is a jackass. Does that appear to be me wanting to say how wonderful my government is??

You know, my country can be great and have a crappy government. I know my little life is wonderful. I have a great wife, great kids, a career that I enjoy and have passion for and gives me and my family the ability to live comfortably. I have passions outside of my career that I love and enjoy. I honestly could not ask for a better life.

Is there much I can do about my government? Not much. I can vote. So what? What does that mean or do when the powers that be will get what they want in the long run?

Now, little man behind the mask....step up! What's the matter? What are you hiding? My desire to know where the little man is from has EVERYTHING to do with this discussion. If someone throws a rock at my house and breaks a window, I'm going to want to know who threw the rock. It's quite simple really.

All I see here is a little man with nothing better to do than trash the US. He hasn't even had much to say. What about all the other countries in the world that are screwed up? There certainly are plenty. What about them? Or do you have some true beef with the US? What is your true agenda here straw man?

EB I know I'm not the OP but I live in the US and agree with most if not all of the original post. Does that help any?

Not a bit!

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is there some thign wrong with americans ?

yes. there is, seems to like wars alot.

Fox

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

Oh yes, all of us Americans just love war. We love to see our family members and friends go over to Iraq and die.

Come on now, we are a country where every one has a different opinion. Yes, there are some Americans that are all for "Operation Iraqi Freedom" and there are many of us that are against it.

All Americans like war? Tell that to Cindy Sheehan or all of the people who protested against the Vietnam war.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
EB, maybe I will need to paint a picture for you, I said in my opening thread that I was supprised at the lack of interest on one of my threads from Americans. So on this one I have asked a simple question are americans aware, again it is as simple as that. I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of other nations they are not the subject matter, its not a case of comapring different nations or peoples.

America is the only superpower and as such exerts great influence on all nations good or bad, but that said, America appears or shoud I say the ruling elite are taking the country and its people down a very dangerous path and my question is are Americans aware of it.

How you equate my question as rascist, or anti American I cannot understand as an example it would be no different of asking Chinese people are they aware their country is going to be the next superpower and getting an answer such as yours would not make any sense.

This debate is not about good or bad Americans or comparing them to others its just asking there is a crisis coming and are you as an American aware of it, yes or no and give reasons why you think so or not how difficult is that.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Don't want to get into any mud slinging (or rock throwing
), as I respect all parties here, but magicmushroom has no obligation, as a member of ATS, to say where he is from. It's as simple as that really. Now calm down
(IMO)... *runs*>>

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Xeros]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join