It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Something Wrong with Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You know I have posted numerous threads about the US and its people and the latest one which is about the Patriot act replacing the constitution and its had 1 reply. Do Americans really care about what is happening to them and their country or dont they give a toss and see it all as inevitable so whats the point in doing anything.

I cannot believe it is that as there must be some people who are rightly concerned at what is going on and what is going to happen in the near future so why the lack of interest, there seems to be lots of bitching about politics but only a few are looking at the bigger picture so what would it take for people to sit up and take notice, any ideas.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Goddammit not another one.

I seriously think you non-Americans need to stop worrying about our business and perhaps worry about your own countries.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Oh, and as far as the patriot act replacing the Constitution, that is the most deceptive crap I've heard.

It will never happen, it's just a fantasy dreamed up by people who want to see this country fall.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The, that did not answer the questiion because on two points 1, the American people are at risk from their own Goverment and 2, America's global ambitions means they are a threat to world peace. Care to answer the questions I posed.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How can the Patriott Act be crap, its a legal document and many sections of it completely overide the constitution and peoples rights thats a fact. And it has nothing to do with if America falls or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

OK, but first off, please explain to me how we are being threatened by our own government.

Secondly, what exactly are these global ambitions you speak of?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The, PNAC sets out Americas global ambitions, everything from who is an ally to who is a threat, Patriot is a document that at times of emergency or otherwise can be used to introduce martial law by way of real or bogus terrorist threats or any other stae dreamt up bu those who will enforce it.

That coupled with the fact that the US is showing all the signs of becoming a Fascist State should be cause for concern, look up the 14 ways to Fascism and see if they fit you will be suprised.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Patriot is a document that at times of emergency or otherwise can be used to introduce martial law by way of real or bogus terrorist threats or any other stae dreamt up bu those who will enforce it.

Interesting cause I have never read that. here's what it states:

The military was authorized to provide assistance in some situations that involve weapons of mass destruction when so requested by the Attorney General. The National Electronic Crime Task Force was expanded, along with the President's authority and abilities in cases of terrorism.

Also the patriot allows for unwarranted searches only on people who are believed to pose a threat to the country. Domestic terrorism or other forms of it mainly.

That coupled with the fact that the US is showing all the signs of becoming a Fascist State should be cause for concern, look up the 14 ways to Fascism and see if they fit you will be suprised.

Hmm, I see you've been getting a lot of your info from leftist websites.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Patriot is a document that at times of emergency or otherwise can be used to introduce martial law by way of real or bogus terrorist threats or any other stae dreamt up bu those who will enforce it.

That is also a lie.

The martial law concept in the U.S. is closely tied with the Writ of habeas corpus, which is in essence the right to a hearing on lawful imprisonment, or more broadly, the supervision of law enforcement by the judiciary. The ability to suspend habeas corpus is often equated with martial law. Article 1, Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution states, "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion, the public Safety may require it."

In United States law, martial law is limited by several court decisions that were handed down between the American Civil War and World War II. In 1878, Congress passed the Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids military involvement in domestic law enforcement without congressional approval. The Military Commissions Act of 2006 rescinds these limits by suspending habeas corpus. Since, USNORTHCOM [5] has increased its direct involvement with civilian administration.

The National Guard is an exception, since unless federalized, they are under the control of state governors. [6]. This has now changed. Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122), was signed by President Bush on October 17, 2006, and allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities. Title V, Subtitle B, Part II, Section 525(a) of the JWDAA of 2007 reads "The [military] Secretary [of the Army, Navy or Air Force] concerned may order a member of a reserve component under the Secretary's jurisdiction to active duty...The training or duty ordered to be performed...may include...support of operations or missions undertaken by the member's unit at the request of the President or Secretary of Defense." [6] The President vetoed the Defense Authorization Act of 2008 on December 27, 2007.A provision in the 2008 defense authorization bill would have repealed this section of PL 109-364. [7]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

The, that did not answer the questiion because on two points 1, the American people are at risk from their own Goverment and 2, America's global ambitions means they are a threat to world peace. Care to answer the questions I posed.

Where are YOU from mate? It appears your questions are bogus. You can replace "American" and "America" with just about any people and country you want and it works the same.

BTW: You are the first person I have come across that stutters while typing!

But, back to your crap: There are many countries with global ambitions that are questionable. And what are the global ambitions of the US? Are you aware that there are 41 other conflicts going on on the planet Earth at this very moment??

The World at War

Current Conflicts

Algeria Insurgency 1992 -->
Angola Cabinda 1975 -->
Burma Insurgency 1950 -->
China Senkaku Islands 1968 -->
China Spratly Islands 1988 -->
Colombia Insurgencies 1970s-->
Congo (Zaire) Congo War 1998-->
Georgia Civil War 1991-->
India Assam 1985 -->
India Kashmir 1970s-->
India Naxalite Uprising 1967 -->
Indonesia Aceh 1986 -->
Indonesia Kalimantan 1983 -->
Indonesia Maluku 1999 -
Indonesia Papua / West Irian 1963 -->
Israel Al-Aqsa Intifada 2000 -->
Israel Lebanon 2006 -->
Ivory Coast Civil War 2002 -->
Korea Korean War 1953 -->
Laos Hmong Insurgency 2000 -->
Moldova Transdniester 1991-->
Namibia Caprivi Strip 1966-->
Nepal Maoists 1996 -->
Nigeria Civil Disturbances 1997 -
Pakistan Baluchistan 2004 -
Palestine Civil War 2007-->
Peru Shining Path 1970s-->
Philippines Moro Uprising 1970s-->
Russia Chechen Uprising 1992 -->
Somalia Civil War 1991-->
Spain Basque Uprising 1970s-->
Sri Lanka Tamil Separatists 1983 -->
Sudan Darfur 1983 -->
Thailand Islamic Rebels 2001 -->
Turkey Kurdistan 1984 -->
Uganda Civil Conflict 1980 -->
United States Afghanistan 1980 -->
United States Djibouti 2001 -->
United States Iraq 1990 -->
United States Philippines 1898 -->
Uzbekistan Civil Disturbances 2005 -->
Yemen Sheik al-Houti 2004 -->

source: www.globalsecurity.org...

What are the global ambitions of all these countries? Are you worried about all of them or are you just worried about the war in Iraq and the role the US plays in it?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Those conflicts are none issues, Those who control America want to control the planet its as simple as that, you know of any one else that does, China might have ambitions but their decades awat from it. America is the only country waging war on 3rd world nations and looks to be expanding that process.

As for getting my info from leftiss colums actually I read the legislation, PNAC, Patriot etc . unless your saying they are leftist documents, and rather than picking out the bits you like how about studying the whole thing from start to finish. And to be honest if you cannot debate subjects in a civil logical manner perhaps you should not even bother.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
*stumble* Ouch, what's this?

vids.myspace.com...

And this?

www.globalsecurity.org...

Hmmm, the first one's much more entertaining I think.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I always find it interesting that people who hide their head in the sand, get so angry when you disagree with their uninformed opinions.

PNAC is a real document and it is what our foreign policy is from. It outright states that the U.S. will invade any country they even perceive to be a threat (note: no evidence required just a perception). It also says that we need a "Pearl Harbor" (their words) type of incident in order to induce the population to fight terrorism.

It means they planned 911 and that we can invade anyone for any reason. That is a serious statement of imperial ambitions, which is also a statement that they want to rule the world.

The Patriot Act is over 1,000 pages (or thereabouts). Yet, THO, you have reduced it to a simple 2 sentences. There is a helluva lot more information in that document than you are showing.

There have also been numerous laws passed curtailing our rights. Did you know that we no longer have Habeas Corpus? HC is a concept that has been around since the Magna Carta in 1215.
Read PNAC and the Patriot Act, it's all in there. There's nothing Left/liberal in there; they're both written by Republican neocons. You will probably be very surprised at what's in there, IF you read the whole document.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Goddammit not another one.

I seriously think you non-Americans need to stop worrying about our business and perhaps worry about your own countries.

And when we can take our noses out of every other country's business and worry about our own, then we can possibly expect other countries to do the same.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The rest of the world is directly affected by what the U.S. does. Why should they "mind their own business" if it has a great negative impact on their lives?
There is no rule that says that you can't discuss politics of other countries. It's called debate and conversation.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Mr. Magic Mushroom Head......I asked you: where are you from? I think it only fair if you want to bash the US, we should at least know where it's coming from, no?

Simple question friend....then I will gladly get into with you, otherwise, why waste my time?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
EB I'm failing to see the relevance in your question "where are you from?".

Why would it matter where he's from? That has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
EB, echoing Rolands comments where I'm from is irrelevant to this topic and why do people such as you always jump to the US bashing mode anyone looking at what I posted would understand that I and many others are concerned as to where America is going and concerned for the people of the US.

The US at the moment is the only superpower and its actions directly impacts on countries all around the World be it the price of oil or dropping bombs and as a none American sont you think as an American that you too should be concerned.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am concerned about what I am concerned about. I don't need you to tell me what to be concerned about. You don't know ME so spare me your racist dogma and stereotypical naivete'...........

Answer a simple question Mushroom Head.....where are YOU from?

EB, echoing Rolands comments...

Of course you will echo Roland's comments.....you'll echo anything or anyone that agrees with you or appears to be on your "side." This certainly indicates the level of maturity we are dealing with.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
"Mushroom Head" Doesn't indiciate any levels of maturity.

EB if you're so interested in the geographical location of a persons body why don't you create a new thread asking members where they are from.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join