It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Place to Find a Masonic Obelisk

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

While I do not personally know of any specific use of the obelisk by regular Free Masons, within the United States, I am willing to consider the possibility of the same not being true else where in the world.

The following are two links that may help:

Here

Here
I can’t seem to get the second link to work so try and either copy and paste the following www.robertbauva.co.uk/articles/articles/gpfm.html or goggle “The Great Pyramid and the Freemasons “ from Secret Chambers by Robert G. Bauval

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
You have shown nothing

Here, in case you missed the posts while you were researching the subject so thoroughly...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What have YOU shown us? Just a pocket full of mumbles, nodded to by your bretheren. Wow that's very convincing. Check out the obelisks in your local town, if they AREN"T masonic in their construction or dedication, then I'd like to hear about them. Research Lightindarkness, it's not that hard to do and it makes you sound so much more... credible.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Classical sign of a troll.

LOL, no this is a classical sign of a troll...

You ....... write like ........ Captain ........ Kirk from the ........ Starship ........ Enter ........ prise.

But it's ok when you guys do it because of your inherent masonic predisposition to a higher standard of morality, right?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

In case you missed it, you have shown nothing. Let's review class, the fallacy of sweeping generalization:

Anymore evidence? All we have so far is a fallacy and random insults muttered to the Anti-Mason brigade. That's all you've offered. I'm waiting for some actual evidence. But of course, you have none, because your trolling.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
As to the Washington Monument, you say that Obelisks aren't associated with Freemasonry at all, that's really odd because the Washington Monument, which is in fact an obelisk seems to be.

The Washington Monument isn't Masonic. Speculative Masons did contribute to it's building, and operative masons built it.

If you want to try to argue that the Washington monument isn't masonic, good luck because I know alot of little trivia facts about it

Knowing trivia - that may or may not be true - isn't indicative of either the trivia being a fact or that the conclusion you've drawn is in any way correct.

Do you have anything in response to the above referenced post...

Yes. You're completely incorrect.

Do you have anything to the contrary?

Yes. It's a little thing called 'reality.' And another little bolster to add to that is 'fact checking,' which is something you clearly haven't done.

Are you just attacking my circular logic with your own?

I only include this quote, because it shows that you believe that you're using circular logic. And to point out to you that your 'circular logic' is neither circular nor logic.

What makes you think it isn't masonic?

Asked and answered.

Who told you it wasn't?

Who told you it was?

I've at least bothered to look into it, can you say the same?

Yes, actually. I have. As, it appears, most other reality-based posters on this thread have as well.

The difference between them and you, though, is that they didn't 'look into it' by only googling some anti-Mason sites and take that as gospel truth. No matter how much you try to spin your answer - and deflect from the original topic of this post, where you were proven incorrect handily - you're wrong.

Many here have asked for you to provide proof, evidence, or anything REAL (not imaginary, and certainly not from a debunked website or two) that would prop up your sagging argument. You have provided absolutely nothing of substance.

Nothing.

Not one single thing that would prove anything you've written.

And I can tell you why: because you're wrong. You don't have historical data on your side, you don't have easily found knowledge of Masonry in your bag of tricks, you don't have credibility, and you don't know anything about your topic ... other than you can usually spell the word obelisk right.

If you can't present a legitimate argument, you will continue to lose. You will continue to be proven wrong, and you will continue to look foolish.

Bring something of substance to the table. Bring proof.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Actually, this is a classical sign of a troll:

I almost hate posting in this section because of the Squares

But it's ok when you do it, right, because your showing the world how the eeeevvillll masons are supposedly doing something so blasphemous as...erecting monuments. Of course, we won't let the fact that said monument is not masonic get in the way of the conspiracy party.

By the way, unless I remember incorrectly - meat isn't a mason. He's just part of the billions of people out there who actually do their own research and look at valid sources before coming to conclusions. Unlike some other people, who take anti-mason websites as the gospel truth and proclaim all reason, evidence, and logic to the contrary to be somehow wrong.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
But, occultic leanings of many in the military is widely known. Some of these people have even gone on to start their own religions.

I disagree with that; many in the military are religious, but to say that 'many in the military' have 'occultic leanings' is an incorrect statement.

I'm not saying that there aren't some in the military that may tend to lean outside a mainstream religion ... but I strongly disagree with your description of 'many' as being the proper measure. I believe that's just wishful thinking on your part.

Your pal,
Meat.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by mmmeat]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

In case you missed it, you have shown nothing.

Ok well debunk these posts, or go away...
Can any of you proove the Trinity Obelisk isn't Masonic? It's a real simple yes or no kind of question here.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmmeat
The Washington Monument isn't Masonic. Speculative Masons did contribute to it's building, and operative masons built it.

LOL You still think Operative Masons are stone masons don't you?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You don't see alot of discussion in this forum anymore on freemasonry.

There's plenty of discussion on this forum of Freemasonry. And there's plenty of debunking of incorrect information that's posted - like you're doing here - too.

I get alot of u2u's from members telling me that they support me but don't want to post because of this kind of crap.

That is a common 'lots of people support me' load of hooey that kids use to try to create an image that they are more important than they really are.

I strongly believe that that little quote is a lie. A lie perpretrated by a child who isn't getting the attention that he feels he deserves.

And it's unfortunate.

I realize that you started this whole thread just so that you could have people to talk to. I wish that you would have started it to find out if what you saw in a monument was Masonic or not. You're just an anti who isn't getting any attention at home or in the real world.

My recommendation to you is to get a dog; they'll pay attention to you no matter what, and they won't burst your little imaginary bubble of a Masonic conspiracy.

Your pal,
Meat.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by mmmeat]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So what? Adolf Hitler and Jim Baker established several Charities as well.

Really.

Name the 'several charities' that Adolf Hitler established.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I strongly believe that that little quote is a lie. A lie perpretrated by a child who isn't getting the attention that he feels he deserves.

No it isn't. Since I started the thread on the Kosher scam, I've had at least ten or twelve u2u's from people who have expressed support and have mentioned that they don't like posting in this forum because of you guys. I don't really give a jack hooey if you believe that or not, I'm not a liar and I'll be damned if I'll be called one, epsecially by somebody who thinks that Operative Masonry is stone masonry. Your ignorance is surpassed only by your blind loyalty to a fraternity that you have demonstrably little knowledge of.
Call me a liar and tell to me to get a dog, then tell me about my flawed logic.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Mods? Can we get this Childish Troll off of this thread so the grown ups can talk about the Obelisk and if it's masonic or not?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Mods? Can we get this Childish Troll off of this thread so the grown ups can talk about the Obelisk and if it's masonic or not?

Don't worry, mmmeat is already under the watchful eye of mods.

Like I said earlier, all the people throwing tantrums in mason threads are painfully transparent. They aren't here for open discussion, they're here to stamp their feet and use belittling remarks and ENDLESSLY circular 'debate' to scare away pretty much everyone from the S.S. forum.

They're being watched, thankfully.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Let's discuss this topic with civility please.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Much like the anti-Masons you are only seeing condescension because you're looking for it. My post wasn't condescending, it was smart assed.

Actually, you have no right to be 'smart assed' and belligerent. This is a forum for conspiracy theorists, and we're going to talk about Masonry whether you like it or not.

I understand that you read 'Masons for dummies' and think you're an expert now (I'm not joking. He actually admits reading Masons for dummies and that is the extent of his knowledge).

You still have no right to behave the way you do.

At least most of the real Masons around here are attempting honest debate, even if I do find it endless and circular.... cmon. We don't need your type around here.

The thread is about the connection between masons and obelisks. We have progressed the discussion in this direction plenty of times only to have this nonsense behavior continue.

Stop it. Masons and wannabe masons alike.
I speak this for PLENTY of other members in this forum.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Appak and Trinityman have both been pretty decent about the discussion, I'm intersted in knowing what you two think about the choice to place an obelisk there?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

No it isn't. Since I started the thread on the Kosher scam, I've had at least ten or twelve u2u's from people who have expressed support and have mentioned that they don't like posting in this forum because of you guys.

Again, I call your bluff. I would be surprised if ANYONE U2Ud you at any time about anything. Your 'imaginary friends' haven't all rushed forward and supported you. No one has supported you on this topic.

So I refute your argument, and stand by my statement - which you quoted.

You have no proof to the contrary.

I don't really give a jack hooey if you believe that or not

THAT is patently untrue, and only adds further support to my statement - which you quoted.

If you didn't 'give a jack hooey' then you wouldn't have bothered to respond or attempted to defend your untruth when I called you on it. However, as actions show otherwise, it's obviously very important to you.

For future reference, if you want to be believed then present proof, build a case, speak from a position of intelligence, and don't lie. It's pretty simple, really.

...and you won't have to attempt to bolster your position by making up imaginary friends who only speak to you.

Call me a liar and tell to me to get a dog, then tell me about my flawed logic.

Done. Done. aaaaand done.

Make sure you keep your dog fed and watered, and take it for a walk at least two times a day. It's good for the dog and good for you.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
One LAST time. Discuss the topic, not the members.

Guide yourselves accordingly.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join