It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you guys doing here?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There's no general section, so I figured I'd ask this here.

There are so many skeptics on this site, and it amazes me.

If you don't believe in the Illuminati then why even join this site? It seems like the people who claim they are Masons are here as disinformation agents. What are you doing here? If Masons aren't so corrupt and apart of the Illuminati then leave...if you're so perfect and we're all conspiracy nutbags then you shouldn't care what people think and you should leave. I don't see how you can join a site aimed towards those that know about the Illuminati, etc if you don't believe it. The 9/11 section, very few ppl in that section believe it. Well then get the heck out of the section, what's the point in debating if you're not gonna believe ANYTHING unless CNN says it's right?

Or am I wrong when it comes to what this site is for?

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Don Killuminati]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Killuminati
If you don't believe in the Illuminati then why even join this site?

I can not speak for others but I joined Above Top Secret for the outstanding science forums and eventually migrated to the Secret Societies forum. I enjoy having discussions with those who approach topics with an open mind.

...if you're so perfect and we're all conspiracy nutbags then you shouldn't care what people think and you should leave.

I do not think everyone who disagrees with my position to be a 'nut bag'. I may find them to be naive or ill-informed but I have never applied a 'nut bag' moniker upon them.

I don't see how you can join a site aimed towards those that know about the Illuminati, etc if you don't believe it.

I am quite informed as to the Bavarian Illuminati, and so are many others on this site.

If you came to this site thinking that everyone must concur or at least believe the same as you do then you are indeed wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is a "General" conspiracy forum (See: HERE) but I'm sure the mods can move this if it is an issue.

But this is a good question. It's not that those who aren't apart of a secret society should never go into the secret societies forum, those who don't believe in aliens should never go into the UFO forum, or those who are atheists should never go into the religious forum, etc.

What is silly is those who go into the forums just to say "it's all fake" or "everyone who believes this is stupid." Or worse, to tell everyone who does believe or who is a part of something that they are wrong and to stop talking about it (I've seen this happen several times). And even those, let's say an atheist, who basically does nothing but leaves the same comment in the religious forums saying the exact same thing in every thread: Religions are stupid.

It doesn't make any logical sense. Then stay out and participate in what you do believe in or don't consider "fake" and "stupid."

We already know there are skeptics. If you have something to say relevant to the discussion to prove something wrong, then go for it. But I'm tired of all the "this is stupid" comments that don't consist of anything other than such sentiments.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah and I've been reading this forum as a guest for over a year and I finally joined today, but it's annoying reading all these 9/11 skeptics, Illuminati/New World Order skeptics etc....I mean isn't this forum to discuss this stuff? If you don't believe in this stuff then please go to Sean Hannity's forum, I mean seriously.

It's so annoying when stuff is presented and people on here try to discredit it and blah blah, I mean what the hell, are you a believer or a skeptic?

Oh and to that Mason that replied first, look, with all due respect, I don't trust ANYTHING a Mason would say. Number one, if you're a lower branch, I wouldn't expect you to know about the Illuminati/NWO yet, so you will think Masonry is oh so totally legit, just as I wouldn't expect the secretary of your local Mayor to know anything about the NWO... and if you're a higher branch, you're sent as a disinformation agent, so please do not bother arguing with me.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Don Killuminati

I'm wondering who and when people in charge here consider people to be just nut jobs or whatever. Then possibly find them interestingly entertaining for awhile or until they wear out their usefulness and get too many ignores or complaints.

I was under the impression that the real or original Illuminati were glowing extraterrestrials like in the sci-fi movie Cocoon. What's your info on that?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It always amazes me that anyone thinks it is strange that skeptics exist or that they dare question someone's thread...even on a conspiracy forum. Regardless of what some people want to believe, ATS is the interesting place it is ONLY because of this dynamic. If this entire forum was only a place where the conspiracy "faithful" could gather to all agree with each other and pat each other on the back about how smart they are for figuring out X theory, this would be a very dull place.

It is only through critically examining arguments and - yes - even finding some of them to be untrue that we can produce quality research.

I often find that is usually those who propose the most outlandish and inane theories that demand no one question them or critically analyze their claim. This is because they know they would then be exposed...and they often are in the current forum climate.

The logic used by OP is classic. It is a "your either with us or against us attitude" that puts everyone in two camps: those who believe everything the OP agrees with, or everyone else. Everyone else is - clearly - then a disinformation agent or part of the NWO. When you set up logic like this, you will never listen to reason because your entire premise is wrong - you just refuse to see it.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Oh and to that Mason that replied first, look, with all due respect, I don't trust ANYTHING a Mason would say.

And why might that be?

Number one, if you're a lower branch,

No, I am as 'high-up' as they come.

I wouldn't expect you to know about the Illuminati/NWO yet,

I already stated I was completely aware of the Bavarian Illuminati, if there is another version please direct me to your evidence indicating their existence.

so you will think Masonry is oh so totally legit,

Indeed I do.

just as I wouldn't expect the secretary of your local Mayor to know anything about the NWO

Unless of course the mayor could prove their existence to her, now that would be impressive.

... and if you're a higher branch, you're sent as a disinformation agent, so please do not bother arguing with me.

'Higher branch', what is a 'higher branch'? Perhaps you do not wish to have me discuss this with you because of your complete and total inability to substantiate your claims or assertions would subsequently lead you to retract your non-sensical statements.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

I'm wondering who and when people in charge here consider people to be just nut jobs or whatever. Then possibly find them interestingly entertaining for awhile or until they wear out their usefulness and get too many ignores or complaints.

I was under the impression that the real or original Illuminati were glowing extraterrestrials like in the sci-fi movie Cocoon. What's your info on that?

What?

Originally posted by LightinDarkness

It always amazes me that anyone thinks it is strange that skeptics exist or that they dare question someone's thread...even on a conspiracy forum. Regardless of what some people want to believe, ATS is the interesting place it is ONLY because of this dynamic. If this entire forum was only a place where the conspiracy "faithful" could gather to all agree with each other and pat each other on the back about how smart they are for figuring out X theory, this would be a very dull place.

It is only through critically examining arguments and - yes - even finding some of them to be untrue that we can produce quality research.

I often find that is usually those who propose the most outlandish and inane theories that demand no one question them or critically analyze their claim. This is because they know they would then be exposed...and they often are in the current forum climate.

No, I don't have a problem with skeptics. My problem with them is that NO SOURCE is a GOOD SOURCE. If it's not CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, or an encyclopedia then it isn't real according to skeptics. Well if that is the case then continue thinking Osama bin Laden plotted 9/11, there is no VeriChip, there is no NAU, no Illuminati and please leave the site....I'm sick of skeptics swearing their sources are legit and ours aren't.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Oh and to that Mason that replied first, look, with all due respect, I don't trust ANYTHING a Mason would say.

And why might that be?

Number one, if you're a lower branch,

No, I am as 'high-up' as they come.

I wouldn't expect you to know about the Illuminati/NWO yet,

I already stated I was completely aware of the Bavarian Illuminati, if there is another version please direct me to your evidence indicating their existence.

so you will think Masonry is oh so totally legit,

Indeed I do.

just as I wouldn't expect the secretary of your local Mayor to know anything about the NWO

Unless of course the mayor could prove their existence to her, now that would be impressive.

... and if you're a higher branch, you're sent as a disinformation agent, so please do not bother arguing with me.

'Higher branch', what is a 'higher branch'? Perhaps you do not wish to have me discuss this with you because of your complete and total inability to substantiate your claims or assertions would subsequently lead you to retract your non-sensical statements.

I already told you don't bother arguing with me. You're a disinformation agent. It's so plain to see. You think the leaders of a random street gang want the public to know their plans? No, they'll deny it even to police as they always have.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Alot of topics here a dialectically apposed, so inevitably ATS would house skeptics and supporters for every topic.

Really what you are debating is what lvl of proof should someone require to finalize a conclusion. Well that my friend is different for everyone.

I guarantee that you will find some topic that you are skeptical of. Even though you may be in favor of 99.999% of all conspiracies, there is bound to be something that you find a stretch.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Is it bad when someone is *THIS* predictable?

The logic used by OP is classic. It is a "your either with us or against us attitude" that puts everyone in two camps: those who believe everything the OP agrees with, or everyone else. Everyone else is - clearly - then a disinformation agent or part of the NWO. When you set up logic like this, you will never listen to reason because your entire premise is wrong - you just refuse to see it.

And then...

I already told you don't bother arguing with me. You're a disinformation agent. It's so plain to see.

Wow. So much for denying ignorance. Just accuse everyone who disagrees with you as being a "disinformation agent."

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
Alot of topics here a dialectically apposed, so inevitably ATS would house skeptics and supporters for every topic.

Really what you are debating is what lvl of proof should someone require to finalize a conclusion. Well that my friend is different for everyone.

I guarantee that you will find some topic that you are skeptical of. Even though you may be in favor of 99.999% of all conspiracies, there is bound to be something that you find a stretch.

Nah, I don't think so.

Reptilians
Draconians
Greys
Illuminati/NWO
HAARP
Masonry
Skull and Bones
etc

all I pretty much believe in, been into this for years now.

---

If someone on here said Giant Gorillas are apart of the Illuminati, am I gonna shut it down like alot of people would? Absolutely not. I will check out the video myself and/or other articles, etc. If people don't believe this, then fine, but the BASIS/OVERVIEW is that this site is aimed at believers of the Illuminati/NWO and if you don't believe it then why join?

It's like joining an NBA msg board if you don't like basketball...

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people here are disinformation agents.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness

Wow. So much for denying ignorance. Just accuse everyone who disagrees with you as being a "disinformation agent."

Sir, I'm classifying you as a disinformation agent, because I ALREADY believe the FreeMasons are apart of the Illuminati and therefore I don't trust you. There's nothing you could say that can convince me they are not apart of the NWO. You simply need a ton of proof to change my views.

It's common logic, when you have secret plans, you don't want them to be revealed. Are you understanding WHY I don't trust what you say?

and also, when I say "Illuminati" I'm talking about the corrupt, satanic organization run by 13 bloodlines and the reptilians, etc....so don't think I'm talking about what Wikipedia says
like it's something nice

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And the hilarity continues. I disagree with you, therefore I am a disinformation agent. It is frightening the people think like this. You are someone who simply wants to believe in anything that you personally like the sound of (apparently - anything) - and anyone who disagrees with you you dismiss as being a information agent. What a convinent way of being able to never have to critically think about anything.

Actually, it isn't funny. Because if your serious, it means ATS is really going downhill.

You: I have no proof for what I believe, but I'm going to believe it. If you disagree, you are a disinformation agent. And I would never believe you anyways, because I require you to demonstrate that the sky is blue.

Everyone else: ....

Its common logic that there are no secret plans. But then you wouldn't be able to simplify your world view to make everything a "us vs. them" - unfortunately for you, you will find there is a *very* small amount of people in the "us" group - because even on ATS, you won't find many people who so blatantly try to embrace - instead of deny - ignorance.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I already told you don't bother arguing with me. You're a disinformation agent. It's so plain to see.

Is it that obvious? Is it the fact that I am a Mason that makes me a dis-information agent? If so, then be careful who you converse with here because I think there might be another responder on your thread who is also a 'dis-information' agent.

You think the leaders of a random street gang want the public to know their plans?

Wait, did you not just say that you do not want to argue you with me? But here you are positing a question that you wish me to answer. Try answering one of mine, if you can, then maybe we can address your rather poor analogy in turn.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

obviously, you are an articulate and reasoned person, so why do you think, that so many, in these forums seem to think you have some control over the daily life of others?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Thank you for the compliment.

To answer your question, I can only attribute it to fear and ignorance. If you are truly of the belief that Masonry is corupt and evil and in need of 'change' then would it not be an option to join and attempt to 'correct' it from within? What always astonishes me is that none of the 'Masons are part of the New World Order' conspiracy believers are willing to take the time and effort to join a lodge and discern for themselves what it is that we actually transpires within. Most of us (Masons) agree that they would be bored to tears or are just unwilling to help their fellow man as we espouse. What is your opinion of the reason?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm here looking for the extraordinary proof.

I think of myself, not as a skeptic, because ohdearlorddoIwanttobelieve!, but rather, as an agnostic.

I want to believe, really. I want the truth. I want to 'deny ignorance'. I don't want dogma, or blind naivity. I don't want rhetoric, or faith.

I want facts. I want proof. I want evidence. I want to go WOW and mean it. Not, "oh look, more...shadows and some jpg artifact that someone says is an ice castle on mars that Elvis lives in".

I want something that satisfies my longing for understanding, my search for the truth.

If I wanted to simply /believe/ in something, then, I could simply BELIEVE in it and wouldn't need to search for answers. So in some respect, it's those of us that aren't willing to believe every shadow is bigfoot that have a real reason to be here, not those that already have made their minds up.

So forgive me if I believe that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It's not that I want to disprove, it's that I really, truly, want proof.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

There are so many skeptics on this site, and it amazes me.

I would imagine there would be quite a few less skeptics if there were anything even vaguely close to proof offered by the ones you call nutbags.

If you don't believe in the Illuminati then why even join this site?

Because it was free.

It seems like the people who claim they are Masons are here as disinformation agents.

You've got that backwards. The disinformation agents are the ones who spread rumour, innuendo and false information. The ones who offer no proof to their claims. The ones who regale us with tales of mystery and imagination that signify nothing. THOSE are the true disinformation agents.

And, judging from your posts - where you claim to have been here forever and then claim you've joined today - YOU are a disinformation agent.

What are you doing here? If Masons aren't so corrupt and apart of the Illuminati then leave...if you're so perfect and we're all conspiracy nutbags then you shouldn't care what people think and you should leave.

See ... now that's just crazy talk.

Nutbags - left to their own devices - can hurt themselves. They tend to like to mentally run with scissors.

Or worse: they can actually believe that they're right when they say things like tinfoil hats block the evil radio waves of the Lizard King of Pleiades who is beaming his naked duck-sex ray specifically at them from beyond Saturn's event horizon. When, as we all know, the idea of tinfoil hats was a construct of the Obsfucrians in complicity with the Hellenics to more easily track and maintain the foodsources they'll need when they invade from beyond the Jedi Fishhole of Cosmic Doom. If you'd read the Saran Wrap box backward three times and removed the proper letters you'd have known that. But, if you haven't taken Hokey Pokey 101, then you're behind the eightball when it comes to understanding the connection between light and dark. And you'd completely misinterpret my post as a random collection of thoughts, when it's well known among the canis family of hounds that I am the keeper of the sacred Scooby Snack.

I think I may have pulled a mental hamstring there.

I don't see how you can join a site aimed towards those that know about the Illuminati, etc if you don't believe it. The 9/11 section, very few ppl in that section believe it. Well then get the heck out of the section, what's the point in debating if you're not gonna believe ANYTHING unless CNN says it's right?

And there's the crux of the argument. As near as I can figure, I didn't join a site aimed at 'those that know.' It seems I've joined a site aimed at 'those that have a double standard for proof.'

Quite frankly, you haven't written anything believable yet. You have no proof. You have nothing (other than the incorrect usage of the word "know" in your posts) that would lead me to believe anything you say. Which, again, brings me back to the easily-made argument that you're simply a disinformation agent.

I, actually, believe that you're wrong about a great number of things ... but all you have to do is submit reasonable proof from an objective source.

Waiting...

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mmmeat

Your post makes too much sense. I hereby ponounce you a Dis-Info Agent and a quasi-Masonic conspirator.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join