It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army sends injured troops back to Iraq due to shortages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Whose sons and daughters are going to war is irrelevant. There is no draft. They all volunteered, knowing that if war came, they'd be going.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

This is the same military that has asked wounded veterans to pay for a humvee they were injured in...

They are insured aren't they lol. seriously,, where did you get that from I'd like to hear more about that.

This is the same military that aided Bush in his war of terror.
and??

However, this is the same military that has many uneducated black and latino soldiers in it who are only trying to gain money for college.

I came across a forum where almost everyone was making posts praising Bush,, I mean RECENT posts. I was in shock what I was reading. The man that liberated two countrys in only 7 years, the man that took on the taliban!! whoopdie doo. I posted the facts and invariably everything I said was shot down as having a "libreral" support base therefore had no credibility all kinds of assinine rejections. I was dumbfounded that their are people that still think this guy is the cats meow but to have them tell me that it is US that have been brain washed by the media that the terrorists are using to get us to hate him made me see how hopeless they are there.

- Con

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Why do we never see posts from people angry at our enemies? It seems like people want to only blame Bush and Congress for the deaths of our soldiers.

Personally, besides Cheney, I have yet to see any news articles about our politicians shooting/blowing up our countrymen. They do take all the blame for it though. I would like to think it is the insurgents/AQ/Iran who are killing us. I blame them for pulling the triggers, and setting the bombs.

Seems crazy I know.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
LOL LOL LOL,

Some of you posters here are light weights..some real drama queens.

Yet I find your post the most dramatic of them all and for some reason I just can't see where you are the "heavy weight" of the written word .

Did you not understand what was implied between the lines shortly after 9/11???
No,,, please share with us what was "implied" between the "lines" shortly after 911

I clearly understood what was said between the lines in the stationing of people to the former Yugoslavia back in thte 1990s. THe first group of people sent here were told to the public that this was going to be only for one year

what "group" of people and how many make a group?
what are you talking about the former Yugoslavia? Where?
Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, and Bosnia?

. IT wound up being for over ten years. Do we still have people there??

You aren't making sense heavy weight, you said THe first group of people sent "here" as if you live there.

Then you ask us do we still have "people" "there" .
Are you talking about a military presence? or men in black?

Do you people not have the savy to understand that many of our more recent wars are either to set the stage for the next war or to keep the war going ..years and years and years and years?? Not to end the wars

why would we have to set the stage for a war that YOU say goes on for years and years and years when if it goes on years and years and years. You are talking non sense about wars predicated on nothing other then to wage war for its own sweet sake setting the stage for the next one.

Where ever we have had a war, we maintain a military presence there as we should if it is in our interests. That doesn't mean the war is still going on. secondly, we have always had ulterior motives for war, albeit not always noble not always justifiable. As for savvy? just what kind of savvy do you have that so far has only shown me you blast off calling us all "Drama queens" in one of the most banal subject matters then assume yourself to be more enlightened then us "lightweights" while you grandstand you see between the lines of a a former this or that talking about people when you are here then there

Do some of you also not know that people in the US Navy have been taken out of sea or shore service and retrained just like marines and sent out into the field to replace the ranks???

No,, why don't you elaborate on that for me please, I spent 6 years in the Navy, I would love to know what I have apparently missed.

I think it would be simple to say they forced them to change branches of the military when it is a serious breach of contract and their would be a class action suit against the military you would not hear the end of.

THe number of people in Iraq and Afganistan is not the whole of our military

surely you can't be serious. what do you take us for?

Do you folks have any idea how many peoples are manipulating the system back home to make sure that their or other friends/associates names never come up to be transfered to these locations??

Ok where is "back home" and no we don't have any Idea how many are manipulating the system (what ever that is) so rather then ask us vague ambiguous questions as if you have inside information on then go on to the next "big thing" ,, stop right here and tell us.

How many.

I have news for some of you folks...these things I am describing happen no matter what party is in power or office.

well what is the news because so far,, with all due respect,, you haven't said anything.

It is obvious to me that someone is waiting to see who will be our next president.

Yeah,, we ALL ARE.

I suggest that you folks buckle up..to me

Oh I agree going anywhere with you, I would make damn sure I buckled up lol

Drama Queens....Wow!!!

and you are the alternative ?

I just dont have much use for drama queens.

yet that doesn't stop you from pontificating your own brand of drama to us but Ill give you this much,, what ever it is you think you know what you are talking about,, you sure seem enthusiastic about it.

Get ready folks. Its going to be a long haul.
The rough part hasnt gotten here as of yet.

mmmm sounds like you have done this before? This "it" or long haul I mean. Just what can we do to prepare ourselves?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Why do we never see posts from people angry at our enemies? It seems like people want to only blame Bush and Congress for the deaths of our soldiers.

Well,, technically,, they aren't our enemy,, we are there enemy. Iraq wasn't guilty of anything but defending there country from invasion that we went along with under false pretenses. They had no wmd's they were NOT tied to Al-qaeda, they had nothing to do with 911 .

We have killed over a million of there people over half woman and children we have detained thousands of people in far off camps without due process without being charged that we have tortured. We went from being the country that could sit at the UN and not be questioned or asked to prove anything where our word was all they needed. Not anymore.

We have seen them bastardized the Constitution to the point we don't have any idea what our American Government is anymore. We have a President that has borrowed more money from other Governments then the last five presidents combined mostly China to finance the biggest foreign policy debacle in our history.

We know the enemy,,and

it is Washington

- Con

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Anatomic Bomb

Cornered the market on intelligence and foresight, ay? You might consider running for office. Politicians like your stripe.

No thanks, I claim no particular intelligence or foresight..However I also dont particularly like politicians. Ive shaken enough of thier hands and watched the fingerprints to know that little changes.

My view is that most of the politicians and political programs should be fired or cut. This way the bulk of us would have real liberty. Less government ..more liberty. Not difficult to follow. Want more problems in our lives..have more government. Not difficult again to follow.

It is just that alot of the posters on this thread are not wont to like what I have posted. Not a problem.

Just keep the "Victim Dictum" in mind..it is a popular and standard technique in politics,education, entertainment, and debate nowdays.

Biggie Smalls,

The race issue is pretty irrelevant, but I was stating that the politicians' sons and daughters are not going to war. The ones fighting wars these days are usually poor people.

Wow!!! Race was important enough for you to mention as was economic status. Did I miss something here or did you not expect others to call you on it?

As to the second part of your statement..sons and daughters of the affluent have always been quietly reassigned in the war efforts to safe assignments. This is not new. I dont approve of this and think they should be out front like others. The two exceptions I can think of are Joseph and John Kennedy, though I am sure there were more than this out front and children of affluent peoples. Lyndon Baines Johnson was recorded as having gone on some bombing missions as did Clark Gable. I may be incorrect here but I think Jimmy Stewart did too.
Joseph Kennedy was killed as a pilot in an aircraft experiment in England and we know what happened to John Kennedy in PT 109.

Blue Raja has a good point. There is no draft. If there was a draft the same people would be using the same default settings to stir the pot. Drama.

SputnikSteve,

What are you nuts?? You know drama and emotions always defaults through. No debate or dissent tolerated. Drama, drama, drama, also fear tactics. It is standard rhetoric/tactics in politics,the media, and education nowdays.
Dont you know you are automatically guilty if you are an American or associated with America?? This is the new world class paradim. The political education line. Been that way for some years now.

Conspiriology,

Yet I find your post the most dramatic of them all and for some reason I just can't see where you are the "heavy weight" of the written word .

Never said I was a heavyweight of the written word. Are you threatened by a different view or opinion?? Insecure??

As to what happened after 9/11...it was clear in the public speechs that it was stated this buisness would not be over between sound bites or commercial interruptions. This would take years and years. It would interrupt certain aspects of our lives. It would not be painless.

None of these views was made clear or plain when we sent troops to Yugoslavia. It was instead cleary stated that they would be there for about a year. I recall this from the news of those times. I can often remember a little bit past the last sound bite.

My impression of many of the posts here is that it was assumed that this would all be over with the next sound bite...the debate starts with the concept that this buisness is interrupting our remote controller, keyboard, cell phone lifestyles. How dare this happen!!

Most wars are economic in nature. Economicss is politic. Common sense.

"War is a continuation of state policy by other means" Von Clausewitz.

Watching events transpire over and over ...this becomes more and more clear.

What you learn if you peel back the veneer of education/ civilization ,is that often the enemy of a nation is its own people....not thier so called national declared enemys. They only use these enemys to maintain their power over certain nations. What you also learn is that this is true no matter what party is in office.

This also means that the wars never end...they just become cyclical as conditions change. Recycled.

As to the information about the Navy personel being reassigned to ground combat conditions...you will find this information in the Navy Times. I only learned this in the last month from some retired navy people in my crew who regularly get this periodical. Lots of retired military peoples in this area.

mmmm sounds like you have done this before? This "it" or long haul I mean. Just what can we do to prepare ourselves?

You were in the Navy for 6 years??? Your kidding?? Then you should know that it takes dicipline..not drama or fear mongering. Thinking not emotional train wreck techniques. Which of these is used by the body politic today??? Which is not used by the body politic today...and I mean all the partys??

Well,, technically,, they aren't our enemy,, we are there enemy. Iraq wasn't guilty of anything but defending there country from invasion that we went along with under false pretenses. They had no wmd's they were NOT tied to Al-qaeda, they had nothing to do with 911 .

This buisness in Iraq has nothing to do with the issues you post here. What we appear to be doing in Iraq is setting the stage for putting the nation into storage..off the market with its resources. At the same time we are bringing the infrastructure into the 21st century at public expense. Pretty much the same thing we did in Vietnam. That it is desired to keep the oil resources off the market is obvious at the pump. If we wanted those resources to drop the price at the pump..nothing would stop this from happening.
Yes ..oil was discovered on and off shore in Vietnam.
War is the perfect political tool to keep a nations resources off the market and in storage while keeping competitors out.
Communism was the perfect political tool to accomplish this once the war is wound down. Competition out and resources off the market. They are to stupid to run anything at a profit on thier own.
The only question for me in Iraq is who will replace the communists to insure that the storage technique transpires. They must be economically repressive and dictatorial and intolerant of competition. You know..like the Sandinastas in Nicaragua!!

We have seen them bastardized the Constitution to the point we don't have any idea what our American Government is anymore.

I dont think you know much history. Do you know what was happening in the American Civil War and the bastardizing of the Constitution?? How about in WW1 and WW2. Know anything about Americans were held in confinement without trials?? Some of them were held in Great Britian for the duration of the war..Americans. The name Tyler Kent comes to mind though it has been years since I read this account.

Check out the trial of Mary Surratt surrounding the assasination of Abraham Lincoln. These people ..there were others included besides Mary Surratt..did not have the ability to face thier accusers...or give testimony. They were hooded during thier trials. Newspaper accounts of those days spoke of this travesty of justice.
They went to the gallows never having spoken a word in their defense.

Also concerning the American Civl War...the Congress of the United States was very obviously and deeply involved in the conspiracy surrounding the war and many of them were very much against the sitting President. Sound familiar???
The Congress was so deeply involved that when Andrew Johnson took the office after Lincolns death...they turned thier wrath on Johnson for not yeilding to their desires. They unsuccessfully tried impeachment. Sound familiar??

From where I sit..this same bile,vitriol, Dirty fingerprint has been going on for at least the last two presidents here in this country..without the bulk of the public recognizing this for what it is. A hijacking, a power grab and not with the best intrests of the American Public in mind. And I mean this no matter what party is in office. Nothing new under the sun here.

Well ..hope you and some of the other readers here can see past our emotions and drama...perhapsed read some history to discover certain indexes or fingerprints for repetition.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

See, you did it again! thats what I'm talking about! Haha. If you want to lump yourself into this group thats fine. I have never and will never kill any Iraqis. But why is it that no one chooses to blame the people there, that are killing their fellow citizens? They go and blow up innocent people all day long, and no one ever complains. Instead they bitch about Bush and his NWO crew. It makes no sense to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just because you're wounded doesn't mean you won't get sent back to Iraq. I've read of guys that lost legs and volunteer to go back.

In Vietnam and other conflicts, how many times have you heard of guys getting hit, and still going back to the front??? Robert Howard was wounded EIGHT times in Vietnam and also received the MOH. Robert Frederick, the leader of the First Special Service Force (Devils Brigade or The Black Devils) was also wounded EIGHT times in WW2.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Never said I was a heavyweight of the written word.

I know,, and I said I can't see you as one either.

Are you threatened by a different view or opinion?? Insecure??
Not in the least,,

As to what happened after 9/11...it was clear in the public speechs that it was stated this buisness would not be over between sound bites or commercial interruptions. This would take years and years. It would interrupt certain aspects of our lives. It would not be painless.
My impression of many of the posts here is that it was assumed that this would all be over with the next sound bite...the debate starts with the concept that this buisness is interrupting our remote controller, keyboard, cell phone lifestyles. How dare this happen!!

You are beginning to sound like a sound byte

As to the information about the Navy personnel being reassigned to ground combat conditions...you will find this information in the Navy Times. I only learned this in the last month from some retired navy people in my crew who regularly get this periodical. Lots of retired military peoples in this area.

Then tell them they are full of it. It can't be done unless both parties agree then they write another contract, I don't care if you lived in the white house, its bunk.

You were in the Navy for 6 years??? Your kidding?? Then you should know that it takes discipline..not drama or fear mongering. Thinking not emotional train wreck techniques. Which of these is used by the body politic today??? Which is not used by the body politic today...and I mean all the partys??

Yes I was, and WHAT are you talking about? what is "IT"

This buisness in Iraq has nothing to do with the issues you post here.

It wasn't addressing it either it was an answer to the corresponding post.

I dont think you know much history.

I don't think you even know what I am talking about.

Look,, you OBVIOUSLY are very impressed with yourself,, WHY, I haven't a clue. You constantly spout off answers to questions that were never asked or have nothing to do with anything you had said. your incessant innuendo's to "this threads participating responding posts you have labeled everything from drama queens to implying you know something when all you've done is give a pedantic re-play of history about things that most of us would consider academic. Then you go off into a tangent about the civil war and actually ask us if we knew there were many that didn't agree with President Lincoln.

GEE YA DON'T SAY??

Also concerning the American Civl War...the Congress of the United States was very obviously and deeply involved in the conspiracy surrounding the war and many of them were very much against the sitting President. Sound familiar???
Oh Brother,,,

The Congress was so deeply involved that when Andrew Johnson took the office after Lincolns death...they turned thier wrath on Johnson for not yeilding to their desires. They unsuccessfully tried impeachment. Sound familiar??

No it doesn't sound familiar and until they actually begin impeachment hearings and fail, what happened back then is so entirely different it makes no connection at all. In fact, you haven't given a cogent argument relating to anything anyone said. I realize you think the rest of us aren't very "savvy" or have less then a 3rd grade level in American History.

That you can talk to Veterans who have actually BEEN in a war and have actually BEEN to split Yugoslavia.

You turn my reference to the OLC and John Yoo's emergency legislation combined with David Addingtons secret signings to chip away at the Constitution regarding the war powers act AND YOU GO OFF INTO the CIVIL WAR! Saying I don't know History? Again my post wasn't even talking to you and YOU have no idea what I was talking about.

My god man do you ever read what you post? Having racing thoughts seeing your self having special importance or assuming all this diatribe you post as if it's all some *BLOCK BUSTER!* of privileged information or recommended reading if we ever want to be "in the know" like you are.

If we were like you are I would be recommending some lithium or perhaps a subtle hint that speed kills.

So I would appreciate you not impart your "take" on one of my quotes as if I was even talking to you or about something you said such as all these in this post. Not that it matters anymore I have concluded that if I just hit the ignore button,, all that drama you talk about will just vanish

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

See, you did it again! thats what I'm talking about! Haha. If you want to lump yourself into this group thats fine. I have never and will never kill any Iraqis. But why is it that no one chooses to blame the people there, that are killing their fellow citizens?

Usually there isn't anything left of them thats why. You are talking about Iraqis killing other Iraqi's correct? Other then that, it's pretty hard to "liberate" a people in the midst of a civil war between sunni, kurds shia etc. That would not have started in the first place had we not invaded.

It's a lot easier to kill when the reason is just, but when it's not and you know it, you get five times the ptsd cases.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
reply to post by COOL HAND

And what about the educated blacks, latinos, whites, asians, etc... that joined up? What about them? What about those that already had college educations, and joined out of a sense of duty or patriotism?

Well, you really can't say much about bad decision making. Honestly, patriotic or not, it's not a healthy decision that puts a person in the military these days.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Dude, Actually Navy Personnel can be reassigned to do anything if the need is high and the personnel did not have a contract which specified their rating. Even if they were a striker for a rate, if it wasn't in their original contract, they can be transfered to do something completely different.

Not sure where you were getting your info, but it was completely false.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Dude, Actually Navy Personnel can be reassigned to do anything if the need is high and the personnel did not have a contract which specified their rating. Even if they were a striker for a rate, if it wasn't in their original contract, they can be transfered to do something completely different.

Not sure where you were getting your info, but it was completely false.
My Father was on the board for approval for new Midshipmen for annapolis, I spent two of my 6 years as a Navy Recruiter is where I get my Information. He isn't talking about merely changing rates he is talking about changing BRANCHES like Navy to Army. This is a volunteer Military and EVERY enlisted man has a contract, that contract is enforceable and void of any language or mandate where said enlisted men choosing one branch and at the Grand Poohbahs discretion can be forced into an entirely differen't branch of the Armed Forces. You and your pal are making the claims so YOU prove it "Dude".

- Con

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Conspiriology and others,

Glad to hear you are not insecure. Thanks for clarifying this.

You are beginning to sound like a sound byte

Is this debating this point I made in a previous post....?? If so the debate point is lost on me.

As to this...

So I would appreciate you not impart your "take" on one of my quotes as if I was even talking to you or about something you said such as all these in this post. Not that it matters anymore I have concluded that if I just hit the ignore button,, all that drama you talk about will just vanish

If you make a statement on a board or thread be ready to have others agree or disagree with you and make responses. That is the nature of these boards whether you are speaking in response to me or someone else. I shouldn't have to point this out to you. Remember that question about insecurity?? If you cannot deal with such a response please put me on ignore. You will be doing yourself a favor if not the board/thread itself.

Furthermore though it is different peoples and different times ..my recalling of the history surrounding the civil war..the Surratt trials and such is to point out that the chipping away at the constitution is not a new thing. It is repeated ..cyclical..which is also the point I made in a earlier post about wars in general. I think I used the term recycling.
It does make a connection unless we are thourghly enamoured by the drama of the moment and think that this is a totally new day. Never happened before like it is happening right now.
I do agree that the constitution is being chipped away..but I merely point out that this has happened before. Not a new thing. Also that this chipping away will occur no matter what party is in office.

Also in regards to this point of yours...

If we were like you are I would be recommending some lithium or perhaps a subtle hint that speed kills.

I would suggest that you go back and re read your posts for drama content. Failing this please put me on ignore to spare the rest of the board and the mods too.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 24-1-2008 by orangetom1999]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Conspiriology and others,
Glad to hear you are not insecure. Thanks for clarifying this.

Don't mention it,

the fact you mentioned it in the first place was just one of the great aggregation of the many things that need clarifying

If so the debate point is lost on me.

I know.

As to this...

If you make a statement on a board or thread be ready to have others agree or disagree with you and make responses. That is the nature of these boards whether you are speaking in response to me or someone else. I shouldn't have to point this out to you.

You don't seem to have the slightest grasp of what I said. I encourage others to refute, reply and respond to my posts AS LONG AS THE RESPONDER USES MY QUOTES IN THE SAME CONTEXT MY POST WERE MADE.

Remember that question about insecurity??

Spare me the mundane platitudes and innuendo

If you cannot deal with such a response please put me on ignore. You will be doing yourself a favor if not the board/thread itself.
It isn't a matter of dealing with a response but I will be

It does make a connection unless we are thourghly enamoured by the drama of the moment and think that this is a totally new day. Never happened before like it is happening right now.

The only one complaining about drama in every post is YOU.

I do agree that the constitution is being chipped away..but I merely point out that this has happened before. Not a new thing. Also that this chipping away will occur no matter what party is in office.

THAT IS MY POINT! if you would quit assuming you are the only one who knows this has happend before, then perhaps you would understand why I am only talking about present day erosion of the constitution. Since I failed to mention that blah blah blah this has been done before. You make a blanket statement that I I don't know history as if If a history lesson was even necessary!

Why do we never see posts from people angry at our enemies?

Originally posted by Conspiriology

(shakin head like a cartoon) huh???
Now see sputniks post, then see mine. Then you quote me and say this

"This business in Iraq has nothing to do with the issues you post here." To correct you once again I don't mind people responding to my posts as they seem to be able to follow the central idea in the context it was made.

You conversely,, assume my post had something to do with either business in Iraq or issues I posted. You then fail to include sputniks post and set it up as If you are correcting my post with out even knowing what my post was talking about, who it was talking too and why. maybe if you understood that the "issues" I post having nothing to do with "this business in Iraq"
IS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO!

Comprehend? Understand? Get it?

This may come as a blow to you but this thread isn't about YOU.

Make No mistake,, No one keeps up with what you said because you are either too busy assuming you know something we don't, that we are blinded by our drama. When I explained this 3 times now,, your response assumed I couldn't handle someone challenging my worldview,, then you gratuitously questioned my insecurity or that I might be intimidated by your staggering intellect.

So you got to know that you not only didn't offer a more coherant understanding by giving a more comprehensive explanation but your intended sarcasm and innuendo just bought you yet another dis interested reader in anything you had to say after that. It is when you take things I said so out of context that I am taking issue with.

You didn't get it then and you still don't get it.
I think the only way you can see how hard to follow your posts are or that they reply to things that aren't even being considered is to show you what it looks like.

Example:You come in and called us lightweight posters. Now if I wanted to use your dis-contextual method of reply it would look like this.

Con: "You are all a bunch of lightweights"

YOU: "First of all, never said I was a lightweight"

Now I am assuming you might still not understand and may even be thinking that was a perfectly appropriate response but I am taking pains to illustrate how incoherent that gets.

You can assume all you like that when constructive criticism is given, rather then even consider the idea that your posts are like all over the place,, you think it's jealousy or defensiveness steming from the intellectual intimidation one gets when in your presence and lets not forget the question about my insecurity.

Then you post a page or so of civil war history and all kinds of minutia about impeachment and if it sounds familiar, THE FACT THAT IMPEACHEMENT IS PART OF THE CONSTITUTION, SUGGESTS THAT IT IS A SOLUTION TO A PROBLEM THAT THEY KNEW WE WOULD ENCOUNTER.

You talk about impeachment being discussed during andrew johnson term while comparing the process as one we all know has been considered with this administration THEN YOU USE THE TWO SIMILARITIES IN A DRAMATIC CRECENDO SAYING " SEE ANYTHING FAMILIAR!" as if you think we're all about to have a spritual epiphaney and go gah gah over this Block Buster breakthrough to our cognitive reasoning.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Well, you really can't say much about bad decision making. Honestly, patriotic or not, it's not a healthy decision that puts a person in the military these days.

I beg your pardon??????

less than 1 quarter of 1 percent of the U.S. troops who go to Iraq are killed.

It's important to remember that when a soldier dies, his death is not meaningless. The men who are fighting in Iraq are over there because they chose to join the military, to defend America, While the U.S. did not invade Iraq as a direct result of 9-11, we need to appreciate that they would have died - and continue to lay down their lives - in an effort to protect the rest of us. So whether you think it was a healthy decision or not, it is still a courageous selfless and very much appreciated decision, regardless of who it is and what station in life they come from.

We all become the sum total of the choices we make, bad or good, rich or poor, black or white, serving your country is NEVER a bad decision.

The only bad I see in it is when politicians take those young men and woman's lives for granted and send them into life threatening situations behind the guise of patriotism or a phony war on terrorism buy a Government that considers blood an expendable commodity which most of us never consider in that price at the pump for oil, a publicly traded commodity we say is too expensive

while others died so we could bitch about the price at the same time others call them bad decision makers..

not spilling a drop of

their own blood

- Con

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Personally, besides Cheney, I have yet to see any news articles about our politicians shooting/blowing up our countrymen. They do take all the blame for it though. I would like to think it is the insurgents/AQ/Iran who are killing us. I blame them for pulling the triggers, and setting the bombs.

Seems crazy I know.

That's because the blame America first crowd doesn't believe anyone is responsible for their actions other than Bush. Their view is- If the bad guy wants to kill me, it's my fault for making him want to kill me. If only I could avoid and appease the bad guys, they'd go away and leave me alone.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This isent the first time that US Navy sailors have fought as infantry, actually most nations trained their sailors as infantry right up until the 1950s and used them as such on many occasions (ex. Wake Island, the Philiphines in 1941/42, naval landing parties in all the colonial wars, US Navy sailors fought as infantry and manned artillery batteries at the Battle of New Orleans in 1815, etc).

I am not sure how extensive the small arms and tactics training is for the US Air Force outside of the Security Police and USAF Spec Ops Command but I do know that USAF personel fought as infantry several times in WW2, Korea and Vietnam (notably the USAF Security Police at Bien Hoa Airbase's Bunker #10 during the 1968 Tet Offensive).

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

There are no Sailors or Airmen being used as infantry in Iraq. They are using them in convoys as escorts, so their budgets and manpower don't get cut due to underutilization. There's a lot of non-combat arms folks that conduct convoy security missions, and now the Air Force and Navy are too. This allows Army and Marine infantry forces to focus on their primary missions. This is known as being a combat multiplier, just like Special Forces, PSYOP, and CA units are combat multipliers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join