It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army sends injured troops back to Iraq due to shortages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

U.S. Army sends injured troops back to Iraq due to shortages

www.iht.com

Seventy-nine injured soldiers were pressed into war duty last month as the U.S. Army struggled to fill its ranks, but most were assigned to light-duty jobs within limits set by doctors, two Army leaders said.

The Denver Post, quoting internal Army e-mails and a Fort Carson soldier, reported that troops had been deployed to Kuwait en route to Iraq while they were still receiving medical treatment for various conditions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sigh...I just read an estimate where we may be in Iraq for another TEN years....Where are the people going to come from to keep this going? Draft?

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yeah, I hear you....

Seems like the next headline for this will be something like this: "U.S. Army now sending teenagers to drive tanks in Iraq"

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is incredibly disgusting. These people have suffered enough. It's time to get out of other countries.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
And yet we have our war-monger in chief doing everything inhumanly possible to start up a war with Iran. WTF is this madman trying to do? We can't even sustain troops for the Iraq debacle and he's trying to get us into another war? These people are seriously insane.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is the same military that has asked wounded veterans to pay for a humvee they were injured in...

This is the same military that aided Bush in his war of terror.

However, this is the same military that has many uneducated black and latino soldiers in it who are only trying to gain money for college.

Its a sad day...These men and women are coming home with PTSD and then being treated in a medically inferior hospital in DC (Walter Reed).

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
LOL LOL LOL,

Some of you posters here are light weights..some real drama queens.

Did you not understand what was implied between the lines shortly after 9/11???

I clearly understood what was said between the lines in the stationing of people to the former Yugoslavia back in thte 1990s. THe first group of people sent here were told to the public that this was going to be only for one year. IT wound up being for over ten years. Do we still have people there??

Do you people not have the savy to understand that many of our more recent wars are either to set the stage for the next war or to keep the war going ..years and years and years and years?? Not to end the wars.

Do some of you also not know that people in the US Navy have been taken out of sea or shore service and retrained just like marines and sent out into the field to replace the ranks???

Do you folks have any idea how many peoples are manipulating the system back home to make sure that their or other friends/associates names never come up to be transfered to these locations?? THe number of people in Iraq and Afganistan is not the whole of our military.

I have news for some of you folks...these things I am describing happen no matter what party is in power or office.

I suggest that you folks buckle up..to me from where I am watching..this war has not begun as of yet ..this is just a warm up. It is obvious to me that someone is waiting to see who will be our next president.

Drama Queens....Wow!!!

I am not in favor of this war or the next one scheduled. I just dont have much use for drama queens. Get ready folks. Its going to be a long haul.
The rough part hasnt gotten here as of yet.

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
orangetom,

So just because I know how things work means I have to take everything lying down on my back?

I am no pacifist, but I'm no war monger either. Balance must be kept and this my friend is no balancing act.

The only superpower has been overstepping the line for some time now. China is on the rise and it will soon be US/UK vs China/Russia/Iran and many others who are just waiting for us to fall.

Do not be so quick to judge.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Do some of you also not know that people in the US Navy have been taken out of sea or shore service and retrained just like marines and sent out into the field to replace the ranks???

Some aren't even being trained further than what training they have already ... as a sailor, and are being given stipulations on their orders if they wish to be stationed at a US command. That stipulation ? You must serve in Iraq or Afghanistan no less than 6 months.

Sure, the Navy! smh

I have heard a lot of "hell no!'s" round here and rightly so.

I honestly wasn't surprised to read this, sadly.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
Some aren't even being trained further than what training they have already ... as a sailor, and are being given stipulations on their orders if they wish to be stationed at a US command. That stipulation ? You must serve in Iraq or Afghanistan no less than 6 months.

Sure, the Navy! smh

What are you talking about?

Everyone in the Navy who goes over to serve on an IA gets weeks of predeployment training before they go. Those who go without that training are attached to shore commands there (like the 5th fleet), where they receive the same level of training as if they were stationed at a US base.

Where do you get your information from?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
However, this is the same military that has many uneducated black and latino soldiers in it who are only trying to gain money for college.

What about undereducated whites, asians, etc who are trying to gain money for collge?

What about the undereducated folks who signed up out of a sense of patriotism?

I guess you aren't concerned about them. Apparently they are not worthy of you standing up for them.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
LOL LOL LOL,

Some of you posters here are light weights..some real drama queens.

Did you not understand what was implied between the lines shortly after 9/11???

I clearly understood what was said between the lines in the stationing of people to the former Yugoslavia back in thte 1990s. THe first group of people sent here were told to the public that this was going to be only for one year. IT wound up being for over ten years. Do we still have people there??

Do you people not have the savy to understand that many of our more recent wars are either to set the stage for the next war or to keep the war going ..years and years and years and years?? Not to end the wars.

Do you folks have any idea how many peoples are manipulating the system back home to make sure that their or other friends/associates names never come up to be transfered to these locations?? THe number of people in Iraq and Afganistan is not the whole of our military.

I have news for some of you folks...these things I am describing happen no matter what party is in power or office.

I suggest that you folks buckle up..to me from where I am watching..this war has not begun as of yet ..this is just a warm up. It is obvious to me that someone is waiting to see who will be our next president.

Drama Queens....Wow!!!

I am not in favor of this war or the next one scheduled. I just dont have much use for drama queens. Get ready folks. Its going to be a long haul.
The rough part hasnt gotten here as of yet.

Orangetom

You write:

and then you call other posters drama queens. Be serious.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

Yeah apparently I don't care about them because I didn't mention them.

Look at the demographics of the Army and Navy. The majority of them come from poor inner city families.

I know this because I was going to join the Marine Corps. I was signed up for JROTC before I decided college was a better option.

95% of the people in my ROTC class were black and latino. Depending on where you live, it could be 95% white. However, the majority of people are poor and uneducated regardless of color.

So I was wrong to say only a certain race and ethnicity. However, for the most part, they are trying to make their lives and certainly the world a safer place to live.

There is the fringe minority who are only out for a power trip that makes the rest of us look bad. They're the ones blowing up schools, they're the ones shooting civilians (for the most part).

We should prosecute anyone who commits war crimes regardless if they're educated or not though.

Murder and torture of innocents is not something that can be easily forgiven, regardless of where the people live (ie Iraq).

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
this is just sad

in our entire history, where have we EVER had injured soldiers
returning to the battle front to fight a war if it was not on our
own soil??

Nobody is signing up cuz nobody believes in the reason why we
are there. I'm a Patriot if I fight for the US, but I'm a mercenary
if I fight for a tyrant. There is a big difference and I think soldiers
are wising up. That's why the majority of them are gonna vote
for Ron Paul. Ron will bring every one of them home as soon as he
gets elected. That would make every one of them happy.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You're telling me this pipsqueak of a country Iraq has managed to drain the entire resources of the US Military? I thought the US Military was supposed to be powerful... it begs the question, what are you spending all that money on?

I used to argue that the US should bring it's troops home to save face. Now I say bring them home, cause there's no way you'd be able to defend yourselves if anyone were to actually attack the US. You'd be sitting ducks... it would be a sad day when the last line of defense for the US is Mexico and Canada. They don't have invasionary forces, just peacekeeping units.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Biggie Smalls,

The only superpower has been overstepping the line for some time now.

The historic precident for war and those engaging in war is by dictum that

"The victors get the spoils" This is a very ancient dictum of war.

America is the only nation of which I know stupid enough to go to war, after war, after war, after war, ad naseum and not bring home any spoils ..new territories etc etc. Only Americans can be this stupid and still survive. Such nonsense would collapse most countrys without rewards coming home. Superpowers bring home rewards/spoils. You should already know this. This means we are constantly losing these wars or we are fighting these wars for someone elses spoils..someone not seen..not known by the bulk of peoples.
This also means we are a boot lackey ..not a superpower. We lick boots when told to do so with our military.

I think you are losing me here...being black or latino is a default setting to do what???? To allow others to play through with special dispensation..by implied "victimization"?? Is this a correct assessment?? THe "Victim Dictum??" The rest of us need to feel guilty over this?? Guilty like....forever??

For many of us coming out of civilian life and who had mostly a television education in civilian emotional conditioning...the military was a begining into a different world. For the first time many of us got training and huge responsibilitys beyond our egos..and television educations. IT was our first big step into real diciplines...diciplines which we still carry with us today. We have matured enough to take this early dicipline much further. I never beliieved that the military owed me anything..never. Nor did my father before me.

Alot of us went into the military because we were pretty uneducated and not much of a skill or trade...flipping hamburgers mostly. We did not look for the "victim dictum" to get us special consideration.When we got out we went on the GI Bill. No victimization here. We only desired to honorably fulfill our oath and get out. Now ...your point about black or latino is.....??

There are people out here on ATS/BTS who can see past this standard M1A Guilt Conditioning and victim dictum. We dont buy into it. I think most folks raised on this kind of a default setting are not accustomed to being challanged or questioned on this.

Biggie Smalls..the military has always had a history of poor and uneducated peoples enlisting into it. This was and still is their first big step into serious life diciplines and responsibilitys. This is nothing new or original.
You could apply the same fingerprint to the Irish and Italians at the turn of the 1800 into the 1900s and into WW2. Lots of Philippinos too joined the US Navy at one time. Most of these people came from llittle or nothing and served honorably.

in our entire history, where have we EVER had injured soldiers
returning to the battle front to fight a war if it was not on our
own soil??

Corregidor
Wake Island
Bastogne

As to Ron Paul...Ron Paul will not make it to the presidential office simply because politics is a rigged show. Always has been. Ron Paul knows certain things and informations about the workings of this government for whichc the public is never to know or think. When neither republicans nor democrats want Ron Paul around it is a very strong indicator of the concept that he knows to much of their dirty laundry.
I like Ron Paul...I like that for which he stands and believes. I just know that politics in this country is and has been for years.. a rigged show.

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Cornered the market on intelligence and foresight, ay? You might consider running for office. Politicians like your stripe.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
AHAA...It appears THIS is part of the reason. People are waking up and not being sucked into fighting these special interest wars any more. Army recruiters are watching their numbers drop...

Military recruiting 2007: Army misses bench marks by greater margin

In spite of efforts by the Pentagon to aggressively recruit youth into the Army, the Army missed its benchmarks once again in 2007. NPP releases its analysis of 2007 recruiting and provides access to data by state, county and ZIP Code.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Iraq War began to have an impact on recruiting in 2005, when the Army missed its goal for the number of recruits. In 2007, for the third year in a row, the Army did not meet its benchmark for the level of educational attainment of recruits. The percentage of recruits the Department of Defense (DoD) considers ‘high quality’ also dropped considerably. A higher percentage of recruits will drop out well before the end of the first term of enlistment, leading to further increases in spending on recruitment and training, including enlistment bonuses and pay for additional recruiters.

This analysis is based on data obtained from the Department of Defense (Army Recruiting Command) through a Freedom of Information Act request submitted by the National Priorities Project. The Department of Defense provided the data for every non-prior service, active-duty Army recruit by ZIP Code with race, ethnicity, gender, birth date, citizenship, educational attainment and score on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) for fiscal year 2007. Demographic data used in the study were purchased from Claritas, a leading marketing and demographic data company. Population Estimates from the Census Bureau were also used.

www.nationalpriorities.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

The race issue is pretty irrelevant, but I was stating that the politicians' sons and daughters are not going to war. The ones fighting wars these days are usually poor people.

Thanks DD for the news source again.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

And what about the educated blacks, latinos, whites, asians, etc... that joined up? What about them? What about those that already had college educations, and joined out of a sense of duty or patriotism?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join