It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alien" signal recievers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I was searching the world wide web and I came along and came across this statement...

"Queensland [reported June 2007]
A woman called to report that when she was a child one evening she heard the family dogs barking. She stepped outside to see what was causing the ruckus and felt a buzzing sensation on the top of her head. She looked towards the shed in the backyard where her father used an amateur radio and saw a small being leaning back into the shadows so as to remain hidden. The being also seemed not to like the light. She described the being as having white translucent skin, big almond shaped eyes, pointy chin, long limbs, thin figure and about the height of a child. The buzzing sensation on her head was also hot and she put her two hands on her head and pressed down to stop the feeling. She screamed and ran up the stairs and fell in the back door of the house. Her father immediately knew what the cause of her fright was.

Her father is now deceased but while alive he had a keen interest in UFOs and collected UFO magazines which he kept hidden in his shed. He was a WW2 communications expert who built his own radio and would sit at it for hours. The woman thinks her father might have been listening for signals of unknown origin and he would create written records of what she described as Morse code transmissions. After her father died a man came to the family home and was adamant that he have the radio. This man was from the private electronics sector and when her mother gave him the radio he also took the many books that her father had recorded the Morse code in."

Link to statement

And I am wanting to to my own research and monitor signals and the skys for unidentified signals.

Is there anyone out there that can help me along with know how on how to make some kind of radio/reciever?

would it be possible to make an "outback" radio with copper coil and a crystal and somehow filter through the static and hope for the best?

any help on this would be much apreciated.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I suggest contacting your local MUFON office. They can hook you up with all kinds of like-minded individuals to help point you in the right direction.

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ Lavender

Thanks Lav. ill look into MUFON, but im not sure that there will be one where I live. im in australia I dont know if we have MUFON.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yep, there I go, assuming that everyone in the world lives in the U.S. My bad!

Try this link: Australian UFO Networks. Some of these are affiliated with MUFON in the U.S.

Good luck with your research!

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You can also be part of SETI at home too, so may want to look into this...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If she wore her tinfoil hat, she would have been fine. Interesting, but it would be nice to have a recorded interview or a signed statement or something.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by judasfish
And I am wanting to to my own research and monitor signals and the skys for unidentified signals.

Is there anyone out there that can help me along with know how on how to make some kind of radio/reciever?

What you are trying to do is near impossible. With one reciver you can only monitor one band at a time. There are millions of millions of bands, and you'd have to listen to all of them for at least 24 hours to make sure that there is nothing weird on that band(and hope that an alien transmition on that band happens during those 24 hours), and if you hear a morse code(or any other signal), then you have to do research to make sure it's not of terran origen(and trust me, there are hundreds of frequencies transmiting morse code signals every day).

Moreover, you can't build a scanner just like that. There are a number of frequencies that may be illegal to monitor(example, if in your country is illegal to intercept a phone conversation, then stay away from those bands). In the US you would contact the FCC to ask them what you can listen to, and what you can't. Don't know who you would contact in your case.

But the biggest drawback is that a home made reciver will not be powerful enough to recive anything higher than SHF, and worse, digital signals are out of the question.

Your best bet is to get the SETI@HOME program. SETI already picks up a lot of signals per day, so many that they would need a super computer to analyze all of them. Instead, SETI@home sends the signals to remote users, and has their computers analyze the signals when idle, best of all most terrestrial signals are filtered out.

You can get and read more about Seti@home here: setiathome.berkeley.edu...

[edit on 21-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You can also try out DC Live Forensic 7 -- an audio editor and recorder where you can record in REAL TIME... just like talking to others via ham radio only you are recording it too. Just make sure you use your computer headphones when using the Live -- real time feature in this program, otherwise there's too much feedback from your speakers which is an annoying echoing/delay effect whenever 'they' talk or signal in someway or whenever you are talking into your mic.

There are quite a few electronic voice phenomenon experimenter's who are in contact with beings who claim to be from other worlds who communicate using the Direct voice/sound method.

Here's the page for the demo for this program... download the demo for DC Live Forensic 7 which I'm to find out has no time limit but you can't record any of the live recordings that you make unless you purchase the software.

www.diamondcut.com...

But shortwave radio it a good way to go too...
I can direct you to someone who can help you set something up. He's in contact with extraterrestrials and is an engineer.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey judasfish

Here is a sample of what this womans father listened to:

www.mbay.net...

I was an old Ham operator and it was fun searching freq's on the radios from these same WWII bands.
The ATSers have told you many ways to monitor radio freqs and all good suggestions as well.
If you only want to monitor and not transmit then get yourself a spectrum analyzer with multi band antennas and watch for the spikes that rise above the general radio noise, but to listen you will need multi band receivers and as others said, try to mask out your own environment noises, good luck and happy reading.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wow thanks very much everyone. It would be interesting and to me is worth the time. I'll definatley look into all of them
thanks again.

top topics

join