It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butt Naked Returns to Liberia to Confess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Butt Naked Returns to Liberia to Confess

www.poststar.com

One of Liberia's most notorious rebel commanders, known as Gen. Butt Naked for charging into battle wearing only boots, has returned to confess his role in terrorizing the nation, saying he is responsible for 20,000 deaths.

Before he led his fighters into battle, wearing only a pair of lace-up boots, Blahyi said he made a human sacrifice to the devil. The sacrifice was typically "the killing of an innocent child and plucking out the heart which was divided into pieces for us to eat,"

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I had never heard of this guy Butt Naked before. At first I thought it was some kind of gag headline. Then I read the story, and I was horrified.

What really got to me was his claim of a 1996 battlefield conversion to Christianity. He subsequently went on to sell cassettes of his sermons on the streets of Monrovia. I have a hard time with the concept of this guy being saved.

Like the article says, Monrovia needs more than a truth commission if this is the type of atrocity that is going to be admitted to. They need a war crimes tribunal with prosecution and sentencing powers, imo.

www.poststar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The really interesting thing about ole Butt Naked is that the guy who hired and supplied him with weapons, Roosevelt Johnson, was evacuated from Liberia by the US Government after a firefight with Charles Taylor's troops.
We have some really interesting foriegn relations with Africa.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Oh, that's just great. His boss was on our payroll. Perfect. No end can justify the means employed by this monster.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
His boss was on our payroll.

I'm not saying all that, but of course, it is a distinct possibly. Of course it's also possible that maybe the US Emabassy just felt bad for the guy since he was having such a hard time and airlifted him out out of the kindness of their democratic hearts.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The fact that Charles Taylor is the one on trial for war crimes speaks volumes to who we were backing in that particular conflict, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
naked, taylor and johnson....

string them all up!!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Charles Taylor is no saint, sometimes in Africa it's hard to tell the good from the bad, sometimes it seems like its bad and worse, followed closely by horrific...

You gotta wonder sometimes if any country in Africa is capable of living peacefully with each other. I know they are, but I sometimes wonder...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm not excusing Taylor or any of the other murderous warlords over there. Our complicity in arming and supporting them financially is inexcusable too. Like I said, no end justifies the means employed by these monsters.

Have you seen "Lord of War" starring Nic Cage? "Never go to war, especially with yourself."

Lord of War

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I don't disagree with you...bunch of criminals fighting another bunch of criminals...

We, I mean every flippin' body, needs to get the hell out of Africa and let them sort it out for themselves. Undoubtably it'll be bloody as hell, but how is it any worse than it is now? Africa for Africans (black and white, lest you think otherwise...), everybody else buzz off.

top topics

join