It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would anyone be willing to participate in a mind excercise? Alien related.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The more I see people question and try to understand things, the more I get curious.

Would anyone be willing to participate in a mind-game. One or a group of people, working to create the 'alien' race. Motives, crafts, objectives, everything. It would not be disclosed. Period.

Then a group of people would do the exact same thing, but as governments of the world (major ones and UN, )[[or just one person handling them all]] without the motives being disclosed.

The 'alien' events would be discovered via photographers (faked of course), news reports, or down-right events. Depending on how the 'alien' group does things. The Govt Group would be doing cover ups or announcements or dealing with out-right war. Depending on the actual people's decisions. (note: faked photos will have a mark so no one can say its trying to be passed as a real UFO picture)

The point of all of this is to test reactions and deducing skill of people who are on these forums and others. People would be free to come to this board and figure out what is going on, using their ATS deducing-the-truth skills to see if they can actually get it right. To better increase our skill to guessing and understanding what happens next in the real world, but learning through a fake world. It would be open to everyone, and pretty much a game of "who can deduce what is going on first" sort of deal.

In fact there may be no aliens all along and it just have been govt conspiracies...

Its just like what MIGHT be going on right now, just in a controlled environment where, EVENTUALLY, there WILL be answers. Again, this would be set up on another site, and just designed to further our own skills in this topic.

Is anyone interested? Would this be worth-while experiment to make ourselves better at processing data on ATS?

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Foxe]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i am sure your intentions mean well but there is already so much fake stuff that needs to be addressed, it would seem imo crazy to add to the problem.

maybe if you did it in skunkworks it might be ok

but it really is detouring the issue at hand imho

dont mean to be rude or disrespectful at all

when i hear fake and you want to put in this forum.... i cant help feeling dissapointment.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

Hi Foxe,
I think it's a good idea, in principal, but I have an issue with this approach. Basically, due to the incredibly successful CARET drone hoax, I now believe that it is not possible to discern the difference between a hoax or real event solely based on photographs and/or videos given any average person's ability to invest time and money. Even with everyone on ATS, I think that unless the perpetrators of that hoax came forward with the result of their marketing plan, many of us would have at least left open the possibility that it was genuine. As a result, I believe that if you invest enough money and have enough skilled people participate, you could succeed in fooling most people. It also means that we might miss real events and dismiss them as hoaxes.

I know for a fact that I have experienced something that was not a hoax, and if it was not created by ETs, then some government has technology far beyond anything we're aware of and has for over 30 years. I feel very confident that it was created by non-human intelligence, but I can't even be 100% sure about that.

Good luck with your project. At this point, I will be very skeptical of photos and/or video unless they come from someone I really trust/know, or until I see something physically with my own eyes that convinces me it is another creation of ET origin.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
AGAIN: THIS MATERIAL WOULD NOT BE IN THIS FORUM.
It would have its own forum on another site, just to handle the project. ALL data would be covered with watermarks to insure it does not leak onto ATS as a 'real photo' and slow things down here. It would be ENTIRELY isolated to that site.

The videos would be labeled and photos to. SAYING they are built for the purpose of the experiment. As to prevent hoaxers or such.

It would be up to participants to guess the agenda of the govt or aliens. As if it were real. Based on 'news' and 'photos' and 'second hand stories'

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Foxe]

join