It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Files Patent for Taser-Proof Clothes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

No, a few incidents happen - a few incidents where you don't know the entire story, where the cop is most likely right, and you think we're going into a police state.

Yes, a few incidents. In fact, it's a very rare occasion when...oh wait...what's this? www.startribune.com... and this www.cbc.ca... and this www.guzer.com... There are tons of links like this everywhere. The woman in the video was the only one out of those 3 links that didn't die. Tell me the cops were right. There are SEVERAL abusive incidents like this, and we're only going to see more. Are people's lives worth it?

I don't fear being tased for two reasons. One you mentioned, because I don't do anything wrong. Yes, I must be part of that crowd. Whens the last time you standing around doing nothing and a cop came up to you and tased you? Never? Well thats reason number two. Cops don't go around using tasers on anything that moves.

This is why I think we're going to a police state. Thank you for clarifying it for me. You see, as long as there's people who aren't used to having their rights stepped on, they'll always be on the side of the law, no matter how far it goes. After all, they're not the ones getting arrested and tased. I had a taser pointed at me for trying to verbally defend myself against a cop who was calling me names. You won't ever understand until you can put yourself in other's shoes.

So again, the only people who should want taser-proof clothing are people who plan on the cops coming after them. And maybe the ridiculously paranoid.

And what about people who just want to exercise their rights? Be it protesting a war, or asking a senator a question. What about the lady who was on the ground restrained?

Thanks for your input, but I feel that you're just speaking from a sheltered viewpoint.

apc

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
So again, the only people who should want taser-proof clothing are people who plan on the cops coming after them. And maybe the ridiculously paranoid.

Actually if I were of the type to go out and legally protest something, I'd wear this stuff.

Or if I had my car wired with cameras to catch corrupt pigs doin' their thing.

Or if I were a mechanic working in the police parking lot.

Or if I get pulled over for speeding and encounter some porkchop on a power trip.

Or if I'm working a cash register and some moron officer thinks I short changed him.

You don't exactly have to be robbing banks to worry about getting electrocuted by a cop. Would you still be in the wrong having broken the law? Assuming you even broke any laws, sure. That doesn't mean the pig gets to kill you.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by apc]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The few scattered events of people getting tased, which there was probably a good reason for, but that isn't shown in the video clips that are posted..yes, I have seen those.

Tell that to the guy in this video. You can see the whole incident, from when the car is pulled over right to the end, when pig 1 is telling pig 2 what happened.

www.youtube.com...

As for the Taser-Proof Clothing you can bet they will be illegal to buy or own in the US very soon.

The only time the tasing will stop is when one of these pigs pulls there taser on the wrong guy, he draws on them, takes them out, and gets off in court on self defense because the pig had no reason to be using deadly force.

Do you really think that the cops should be able to use deadly force because you refuse to sign a speeding ticket?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Wait, I don't get it.

The cops would never taze someone when they don't have to...

pffft.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
When is this thing going to come into production?

It would be a nice thing to have on a rainy day, or let's say, when I'm out on the street minding my own business.

I wonder how much he's going to sell his patent or if he's going to start producing his own shirts, pants, etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-1-9er

Wow. Great example.

But of course the cop was probably right...

...right?

It's a good thing this man didn't die. After reading the first article I posted about a healthy 29 yr old dying, imagine dying for a speeding ticket. What a waste of a life.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Why would you need taser proof clothes unless you planned on doing something that would get attention from the police?

More people have them than just police.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I'm all for the Police having the adequate tools to do their jobs and defend themselves from violent aggression. However, these policies that will allow a cop to TASE someone for taking too long to produce a requested driver's license or for mouthing off - well, that's B.S.

The fact that YOU are a Police Officer does not negate the fact that I have a Right to free speech and to question why YOU pulled me over. That isn't resistance, it is my right to understand why I am being detained. If I take a swing at you, I would expect to get my ass beat, but if I ask you a question, that is not an excuse for an escalation of force. I have seen cops TASE a person for doing nothing more than asking what he was being stopped for. The cop then conspicuously announced to his dash-cam that the person was "resisting" and TASED him.

The Police bitch and complain that the public is hard on them and they get no respect - wonder why? When you treat a guy who failed to signal a turn as if he is an armed felon, you can't expect a pat on the back and a thank you card. Leave your bad day and your # attitudes at home. If you want respect and courtesy, try showing some. You are a public SERVANT. If you don't like the job description, find a new career.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sign now the official petition to Ban Tasers at petitions.number10.gov.uk...

There are already 435 Taser related deaths in North America (full list here: Taser News)
Amnesty international recommends a suspension on all use of tasers until a rigorous, independent and impartial inquiry into their use & effects is carried out. (Amnesty International)

MBF

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyermay

Your link doesn't work. I'd like to see the list.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MBF

Your link doesn't work. I'd like to see the list.

Sorry:

tasernews.001webs.com...

and

truthnottasers.blogspot.com...

If any of you are British or reside in Britian, please sign the official petition at petitions.number10.gov.uk...

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Flyermay]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Ok, for you people that don't know, well over 200 people have been killed by being tased.

Perhaps the problem lies with those 200 breaking the law, looking suspicious, resisting arrest and being in the wrong place at the wrong time ?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have tested several types of mace with my friends, and been tazered with the retail version, but never the police version with the barbs.

Overall, I haven't found any of it to be disabling to the point I couldn't still resist or be violent. Anger and adrenaline will counter most of these effects.

As far as the real-deal police tazer with barbs. I have been instructed to turn sideways so the tazer hits on edge. Ideally, if the barbs are in entirely different muscle groups, the tazer won't be effective. (i.e. One barb in front, one in back, or one in shoulder one in love handle, etc.)

I don't if this is true or not, and I don't know how to test it. (And don't really want to test it.)

Has anybody on here been tazed with the commercial grade type?????

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Originally posted by bigbert81
Ok, for you people that don't know, well over 200 people have been killed by being tased.

Perhaps the problem lies with those 200 breaking the law, looking suspicious, resisting arrest and being in the wrong place at the wrong time ?

Do you really believe that "looking suspicious", or "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" is enough reason to be tortured and/or killed by the police???

Is that the world you want your children to live in?

And by the way, the number of deaths is up to 436 worldwide:
-407 in the US
-28 in Canada
-and 1 in Australia

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Sorry but most of the people who get tasered are a result of resisting arrest. It's their own fault

If I was stopped by a cop in the street and I had nothing to hide I would not object to him doing his job.

The laws need to change though in regards to it all but I don't hate the cops for just following procedure

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Sorry but most of the people who get tasered are a result of resisting arrest. It's their own fault

If I was stopped by a cop in the street and I had nothing to hide I would not object to him doing his job.

The laws need to change though in regards to it all but I don't hate the cops for just following procedure

But don't you think that even then they have the right not to be tortured or killed?

I could agree with tasers if:
- They were used as a *real" substitute to firearms
- If a *real" safe model is developed
- And only in *real* dangerous situations when lives are threatened

But none of those is the case:
- They are NOT safe (they DO kill people)
- They are NOT used as a substitute to firearms
- They DO break all human rights treaties; which were signed by every country that's currently using them
- And they ARE used on trivial disputes for things like traffic tickets or even truancy (not my idea of criminals)

Shooting someone with 50,000 volts is torture, which is actually against the law.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
I'm sorry i'd probably rather be tazed, than beat with night-sticks and stomped like rodney-king.

You and the guy below you make a good point, maybe better to get tazed than get shot in the back of the head.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Sorry but getting tazered is not being tortured.

Most of the deaths are a result of poorly trained/A-hole cops who have repeatedly tazed a person. And I do not for one second believe these cops intended to murder these people (why use a tazer when they have a perfectly good gun which is proven to be more effective at killing?)

1 Taze should be enough to send a person to the ground and give a cop enough to cuff the assailant not multiple tazes, that IS out of order.

However as I said, the majority of cops aren't to blame, they are just doing their jobs. It is the laws & the system that needs to change

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Originally posted by Choronzon
I'm sorry i'd probably rather be tazed, than beat with night-sticks and stomped like rodney-king.

You and the guy below you make a good point, maybe better to get tazed than get shot in the back of the head.

Nobody is going to shoot another human being for not complying with orders; this is not Nazi Germany.

But Rodney King is a good example; if he was tortured with tasers instead of batons, we would had a really bad time trying to prove it in a court of law.

And that's one of the reasons I oppose tasers: unlike firearms or batons, they leave practically no marks or wounds that can be used against police abuse or misuse in a court of law.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wow.

How did we get from tazer-proof clothes to 'cops are bad,no they aren't!'

I suppose it was bound to happen, huh? I don't know that I've ever seen such a hotly contested topic, other than maybe gay rights.

People are human, they make mistakes. Cops are people.

Has a cop ever tazed someone he or she shouldn't have? Yeah. I think so. Was he doing what he thought was the right thing, probably.

What gets me so much about the Op isn't the story about the people versus the cops. I'm impressed that something that I have envisioned myself has come to fruition. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

If you walk around downtown in riot gear, you are going to attract attention. It can be considered a provocative action. The same as if you were walking around holding a shotgun. You may not have any nefarious motives, but you will easily be perceived as a threat.

I don't have a problem with having equipment that protects you from the misuse of someone else's equipment. I DO have a problem knowing that the intent of most technological advances is almost always corrupted.

What I see down the pipe on this is just an escalation. A domestic 'arms race' if you will. As protections are developed, the weapons change. The armor gets improved, so the weapons get improved.

Mark my words...we will soon have an 'active' protection against tazers. It will take and re-channel the energy back to the device and maybe even the user. But we know what happens then. We take a level out of the response ladder and go right to the beat down or the cap bustin'.

The people that most need protection from tyranny can't afford it. The ones that CAN afford it, are the ones that are doing the tyrannizing, whether they are wearing blue and protecting someone else, or wearing black, trying to steal your stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join