It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Files Patent for Taser-Proof Clothes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Man Files Patent for Taser-Proof Clothes

www.geekologie.com

Arizona man's US Patent application showing his taser-proof clothing. Or if you want to get technical it's the patent for an "energy weapon protection device". It's basically conductive and non-conductive material in layers that prevent an electric charge from ever reaching the body -- because yelling "Don't tase me, bro!" just doesn't work.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hilarious! See, this is human nature. If something doesn't work or is not allowed, people ALWAYS find a way around it.

Whether it's the underworld of booze making or drug selling, to finding a way to defeat tasers because the people who can do something won't.

www.geekologie.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm sorry i'd probably rather be tazed, than beat with night-sticks and stomped like rodney-king.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Officer: "I tased him, but it had no effect. He must have been hopped up on crystal meth or something, so I had to shoot him between the eyes."

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ok, for you people that don't know, well over 200 people have been killed by being tased.

AND, the next step in the ladder of force is chemical, then next is hands-on.

There. Now I hope I've put the 'taze or die' myth to bed.

[edit on 1/21/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Its a great idea..gives you the split second you need to take defensive action againt a tazer wielding punk, with or without a badge. Tazers are available to anyone, and they can be used in crimes such as assualts and robberies to stun victims...I say every closet should have a set!!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Weird how Glock already has a patent for my "tazer protection."

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

He filed for the patent in 2005 and it only went through in October of 2007.

This is pretty awesome, but as DeadFlag stated, a gun is an equal protection against a taser.

[edit on 1/21/2008 by biggie smalls]

apc

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That depends on when the cop/pig (it's really an OR in this context) decides to deploy the taser. In my city the policy is to taser when a person is "passively resisting or fails to comply with verbal commands." This would be the latter half of the OR argument above.

I was tinkering with the idea of taser-proof clothing and I concluded there's not much that can be done to prevent penetration while still being wearable. Short of true kevlar armor that is. Still, something to at least short the electrodes might be all you need to get away from your attacker or give you a chance to draw on them.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Officer: "I tased him, but it had no effect. He must have been hopped up on crystal meth or something, so I had to shoot him between the eyes."

quoted for truth. I also think this is the direction we are headed in.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ladder of Force:

Presence
Command
*Taser*
Chemical
Hands-on
Baton
Lethal

When I was in police academy, this was the ladder of force used for Colorado, and any other state I checked.

I don't know why people are coming in here and saying that if a taser doesn't work, they'll be shot. It's not and has never been a 'get tased or get shot' scenario. And if by chance it ever did happen in a situation, the cop was wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Yeah I was at the patent office, and I found the same thing!!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think it stems from in some agencies a taser is used in lieu of deadly force. In my local agency it is ranked on par with using the issued Glock 17 or the Benelli shotgun or AR-15. In addition, only field supervisors (sergeants and lieutenants) and all officers assigned to the Emergency Services Unit (elite unit whose officers are also trained to handle heavy rescue and a large number of other situations such as car crashes, limited firefighting, bomb disposal, etc in addition to SWAT type work).

Every law enforcement agency had a different procedure regarding the use of force ... so theres 35,000 different procedures in the US LOL!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why would you need taser proof clothes unless you planned on doing something that would get attention from the police?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Why would you need taser proof clothes unless you planned on doing something that would get attention from the police?

Have you been paying attention to the amazing abuse publicity these things have been getting at all?

Have you not seen any of the recent over use of tasers?

People will get the clothes to protect themselves from possible death.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Have you been paying attention to the amazing abuse publicity these things have been getting at all?

The few scattered events of people getting tased, which there was probably a good reason for, but that isn't shown in the video clips that are posted..yes, I have seen those.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

So let me guess, you're more in the 'you have nothing to fear if you've done nothing wrong' and the 'just do what they say and obey all laws and nothing will happen' crowd.

For the most part that's probably right, but the extent to where things are going is becoming ridiculous. We are coming closer and closer to a police state everyday with sheltered people thinking that they have nothing to fear.

People are dying because of police over-use of the taser, and if the state won't do anything about it but lie to us saying tasers are 100% safe, then we are forced to act on our own. Do you not agree?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Do you honestly think all those people who were tased are totally innocent of whatever the cops stopped them for? Do you really think the cops stopped them for some made up reason and tased them for the heck of it?

I am not saying that there arent corrupt cops or that all cases of police brutality are made up but the facts are obvious that the vast majority of law enforcement officers are honest hardworking men and women who happen to have a very difficult and at times dangerous job. Its so easy to MMQ when we have only seen one side of an issue or just a little part of the bigger incident. One perfect example is the Rodney King incident, everyone has seen the beating part but very few people are aware of what lead to the beating (King was speeding while on PCP and was fighting the officers) - it is also interesting to note that the passenger with King complied with all of the officers demands and guess what? He WAS NOT harmed and he walked away from the incident a free person... go figure, gee I wonder ....

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

No, a few incidents happen - a few incidents where you don't know the entire story, where the cop is most likely right, and you think we're going into a police state.

I don't fear being tased for two reasons. One you mentioned, because I don't do anything wrong. Yes, I must be part of that crowd. Whens the last time you standing around doing nothing and a cop came up to you and tased you? Never? Well thats reason number two. Cops don't go around using tasers on anything that moves.

So again, the only people who should want taser-proof clothing are people who plan on the cops coming after them. And maybe the ridiculously paranoid.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Do you honestly think all those people who were tased are totally innocent of whatever the cops stopped them for? Do you really think the cops stopped them for some made up reason and tased them for the heck of it?

Seriously? I mean when did I say that? I LOVE how people become so used to one arguement, they enter another with an already worked out statement. Either that or you were just too eager to pounce on an easy win without looking first.

I NEVER said that the people were innocent. All I'm saying is that a taser should be closer to lethal on the ladder of force, and further from command. They may not be innocent, but I highly doubt most, if not all of these people who died from being tased deserved that.

Originally posted by ChrisF231
I am not saying that there arent corrupt cops or that all cases of police brutality are made up but the facts are obvious that the vast majority of law enforcement officers are honest hardworking men and women who happen to have a very difficult and at times dangerous job. Its so easy to MMQ when we have only seen one side of an issue or just a little part of the bigger incident. One perfect example is the Rodney King incident, everyone has seen the beating part but very few people are aware of what lead to the beating (King was speeding while on PCP and was fighting the officers) - it is also interesting to note that the passenger with King complied with all of the officers demands and guess what? He WAS NOT harmed and he walked away from the incident a free person... go figure, gee I wonder ....

*Applause*

Wow, thank you for that life's lesson. In case you missed my above post, I graduated from police academy a couple of years ago, so I'm well aware of Rodney King and most cops being normal hardworking people.

[edit on 1/21/2008 by bigbert81]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join