It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: N.Y. Cops Joked About Dying Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Report: N.Y. Cops Joked About Dying Man

www.cbsnews.com

Police officers were taped joking about a dying, homeless Guatemalan immigrant after he was found on the side of a deserted road in their suburban town, a TV station reported.

"You wanna hear something really funny? ... He's alive," a Bedford police officer tells a sergeant on a taped phone call aired Thursday on WCBS.

The two go on to marvel _ with the officer chuckling _ that Rene Perez had apparently revived himself temporarily after authorities thought him dead. The station said Perez died
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
seattletimes.nwsource.com
www.breitbart.com
www.buffalonews.com
www6.comcast.net

[edit on 21/1/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It appears that at first the man was picked up by a Bedford police officer, then he dumped him off in a neighboring town, Mount Kisco.

The man apparently used to call 911 when he was drunk, on THIS night though, he called 911 in Mount Kisco complaining of stomach pains, an officer arrived and said that "no need for further action."

Apparently THIS Mount Kisco officer took him BACK to the neighboring town, Bedford, and dumped him out on the side of the road after he "dealt him a deadly blow to the abdomen."

Then it was a Bedford officer who found him on the side of the road again and who made the jokes!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Law enforcement just kept carrying this guy back and forth, out of their towns, and dumping him off!

Lawsuits filed on behalf of Perez's family maintain that Mount Kisco and Bedford made a practice of "dumping" each other's undesirables in the neighboring town. Bedford police had taken Perez into Mount Kisco hours before Bubaris allegedly took him to Bedford, about 40 miles northeast of New York City.

I just don't understand what makes officers act this way, they took an oath to"Serve and PROTECT"! Maybe he was pissed because he was suppose to meet his mistress when he got this call or something, who knows?

Maybe law enforcement officers should (or maybe they do?) have a psychological evaluation done EVERY 6 months to a year?

I don't know what the answer is, but it sure seems like officers are becoming WAAAYY too aggressive lately!
:shk:

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21/1/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There are those that actually do wish to serve and protect,and there are those that wear the badge for the power it gives them over others.
I feel very bad for this man and his family.Unfortunately stories like this are all too common.However here in Canada,it is usually the Native Americans that are the brunt of actions like this by the police.
Makes me sick.:shk:

[edit on 21-1-2008 by AccessDenied]

new topics

join