It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostile Ailens: What would happen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have just come back from the cinema havign seen Ailens V Predator Reqeuim. Good movie by the way and not one to watch if you are going to have a meal afterwards !!!
But it did get me thinking....
What if an ailen ship crashed that was full of hostile ailens like in the movie? Would there be a state of emergency declared or what? Are there plans in existence for a hostile ailen crash landing scenerio? By the way i dont think all ailens are bad, i reckon the universe is full of good ailens but like Earth you do get bad guys too!!! So what do you think?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

^ Thats what would happen to humanity if hostile aliens showed up (first segment).

Not a chance for us.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Gloomy video indeed !!!
Let's hope that the Black Ops funding has come up with some useful weaponary for this type of scenerio !!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The idea of "an alien threat" to Earth brings to mind a famous, often quoted speech by President Reagan. This video of Reagan's address to the General Assembly of the United Nations clearly expresses one aspect of humanity's
reaction

Presented with a hostile alien attack, I believe that the world -- collectively -- would come together to defend our planet.

The only "if" that comes to mind is ....."IF" hostile aliens crashed, depending upon where the aliens crash, there could be some political aspects leading to potentially crucial delays in presenting a united "Terran" front.

If, for example, hostile beings crashed in, say, China or North Korea, would we -- as a planet -- immediately come to China's aid? North Korea? Or would we wait to see how these countries fared? Would China, for arguments' sake, come to even allow other countries to intervene until it was too late?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It really depends on their motive for attacking us.

If it is simply to destroy the human race, they could lobe an asteroid at us. We would never know it was something other than an accident of nature.

If the attack is to conquer us, it could happen a variety of ways. In one scenario, they could easily use an EMP blast to knock out electronics world-wide. In an instance, the world would be sent back to the stone-age. Military equipment is ruggedized to protect it from such an attack. But the resulting humanitarian crisis would be overwhelming, and would weaken any defense we would have. Many soldiers would abandon their posts to take care of their families, and many troops would be charged with keeping/restoring order, thus reducing the strength of force. At that point, we may even welcome an alien force to help resolve the crisis.

If the attack is just to gage our defenses, it could also happen a variety of ways. I could imagine a scenario akin to Cloverfield or a Godzilla-movie. The aliens could drop a giant monster, be it a creature native to some other world or genetically engineered, into an human city, and just let it wreck havoc. Our ability to deal with the monster, the time it takes us to respond, contain or kill the creature, and how society reacts would tell the aliens a lot about us.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If there will be a Alien 'invasion' it would be a false flag staged event to unite the world and use that to promote the new world order.
nl.youtube.com...

Don't be fooled. Black Ops have these technologies. They can stage anything they want.
Ofcourse we all know who controls these technologies and they aren't the good guys.
We all know that.

If all Aliens would be hostile we wouldn't be here right now.

The most dangerous aliens are the the people on earth that control these technologies.
They use it for war not for peace. Those are the dangers of this planet. Not the Aliens.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I have just come back from the cinema havign seen Ailens V Predator Reqeuim. Good movie by the way and not one to watch if you are going to have a meal afterwards !!!
But it did get me thinking....

You know I watched that over the weekend too. I thought it was a bloody awful film but also came away thinking about this subject

In the case presented by the film I'd say the ending of it as shown would be the most likely outcome. (I won't go into details as some folks might not have seen it yet.

Would be a hell of a wake up call.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am still to see the AVP R, but I have seen the AVP and i found it great... If some hostile alien of this type comes here, hope we also have some other species to help us...

if all this Alien exiestance thing is true, and if they are watching us... someone will come to help... or ... are they already helping us?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I am of the mind that any alien race that is capable of space travel, probably from outside of our own solar system, is certainly more technologically advanced than our own. They would, most likely, have no need to "probe" our defenses.

As far as "lobbing" an asteroid our way? While they most certainly might have that capability, the results of an asteroid striking the Earth might cause these "invaders" more problems than it might solve. An analogy might be drawn between using Thermonuclear weapons or a Neutron Bomb. Thermonuclear weapons destroy cities rendering them useless and Neutron bombs preserve the cities but render them uninhabitable. With this in mind, it would seem that an asteroid, "lobbed" into Earth, might fall into the same category as Thermonuclear weapons. An Asteroid strike would put up millions of tons of debris into the atmosphere, create a haze and probably cause drastic climate change. Earth's temperate climate would collapse into a global Ice Age.

Of course, I am presuming that aliens would attack the Earth because of some peculiar singularity that makes it "stand out" amongst all of the other planets in our solar system.....one of those is, in my opinion, the temperate nature of our climate (The others would be the abundance of liquid water and, of course, the existence of "intelligent"(sic) life).

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hostile Aliens? Hah!
No problem.
The solution is so bloody simple.
Not just simple mind you, but cost effective as well. Plus it needs no time consuming testing.
Get my wife, and her sisters together, point them at those hostile aliens, and tell my wife and her sisters that there is a shoe sale with all the latest fashions for half price, but that those hostile aliens are trying to buy all those shoes.......................
Oh man. I would actually feel sorry for those hostile aliens.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
As far as "lobbing" an asteroid our way? While they most certainly might have that capability, the results of an asteroid striking the Earth might cause these "invaders" more problems than it might solve...

Actually, you prove my point. Notice I said they would do that if their goal was to wipe out the human race. Besides, if the are so techologically advanced, they would be able to effectively deal with the aftermath of an asteroid strike.

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I am of the mind that any alien race that is capable of space travel, probably from outside of our own solar system, is certainly more technologically advanced than our own. They would, most likely, have no need to "probe" our defenses.

It all depends on both their reasons for attacking, and their culture.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I had seen AVP several times. The first predator movie was pretty good. But AVP seemed to out do most others. I had heard this last one wasn't as good. I'll probably wait to see it on DVD.

But thinking about how a hostile alien race would react with this world might not be so cut and dry. Just remember that a cat likes to play with a mouse sometimes before it kills it.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In my mind I have this feeling that the higher species/intelligences in the universe would severely punish the invaders if it led to our extinction.
Maybe broadcasting a threat that we would kill ourselves if invaded would be enough to keep them at bay. Maybe they fear that already.

Now if they do want to get rid of us (asteroids, poison gas, block out the sun), and there wasn't anyone standing in their way--then we're done. We'd end up in the next world wondering why God wasted time on us when we were so getting close to evolving to a higher level.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the question really is has it happened in our past ?

you see these ooparts from long lost civilization and you wonder what happened to them

either a pole shift or this...

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Mars Attacks!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The aliens are my friends, so you better be nice to me...

Come on guys, the aliens are not aggressive. That's mankind.

However if they were...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Aliens are us. Were the enemy. We create whatever we need to make the days go by with calamity and misfortunes befalling the earth. Movies only reinforce our thoughts to wish it true and feel the pain to glory when we, the human race, faces our darkest hour only to rise up and triumph over stellar threats with the simplest defense.

Were going to be so brain dead and washed up with science and hollyweirds view of visitors we may just kill them before they say hello, how are you. Just like in "the day the earth stood still".

Of course if an alien race were to exterminate life in this world, they would have done it long ago rather than hang out here and watch the show.

No, I think the greatest story ever told in the universe is right here on earth for every higher civilization to drop in for a look and a laugh.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
most likely nothing would work, there would be no heroes like in Independece day or War of the Worlds. Our defenses would be useless and we would all die...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
urrgh, srry about that...

second time today...

[edit on 21-1-2008 by spidy]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
[more
If there advanced enough to get here.... from millions of light years away.. then i would say dont worry about it... you would never know what hit you anyhow.. it would be like you stepping on a ant..

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
[more
If there advanced enough to get here.... from millions of light years away.. then i would say dont worry about it... you would never know what hit you anyhow.. it would be like you stepping on a ant..

Ya but remember how they scammed us in the arrival. My guess is global warming is from that alien Al Gore who invented the internet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join