It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africa: Held by the worlds elite ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have been doing some research on Africas debt and i have came upon many intresting claims, rumors and general facts and so on.

Africa owes hundreads of billions to the west, UK, US and so on. I read that when a country offers Africa some 'aid', as in 1 billion GBP. Instead of giving them 1Bil they knock it off there debt.

Now we all know how corrupt some African poloticions are, its rediculas. So are they accepting bribes so that there country stays down, so that Africa remains in the pocket of the super-powers ?

Nigeria is the first nation to completly get rid of all debt to the west.

Nigeria, Africa's most populous country, has not received any fresh loans since 1992. As a result, Nigerians have been paying out in debt repayments nearly six times the amount they receive in aid.

Nigeria still owes 5Billion to other places, like the world bank and so on, but nothing too out of hand. This shows that if a country in Africa stops its non-sence, puts a good leader in charge, it can be brought around.

So what are your veiws on this matter ?

ProTo FF

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
In general terms lending more money to Africa wont help instead practical ways need to found to assist those who are worth. For example basic farming methods , water filters and solar panels would be of more help then some corrupt government official build a new house. Large scale projects such as dams only throw country's into greater debt with nothing in return.

Money of course would benefit in elements of the fight against Aids and the development of GM crops . Draught resistant crops along with the measures described above would go a long way to improving the quality of life for millions of people .

join