It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloverfield 2???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You have to sit all the way through the LONG credits, then you'll hear the "It's still alive" bit...

I thought it was "ok", but with a really sucky ending.... If it was then put into context (such as a talk show with the survivors of the incident, and a little more explanation as to what it was, why it decided to rampage New York, etc.,) it would have been more acceptable to mainstream audiences.

Most people coming out of the theater did NOT like the movie at all, and some felt sick due to the POV filming. Personally, I think he could have gone with a compromise of a mix of professional and POV and achieved the same feel, without the motion sickness....

Story-wise, I felt myself WANTING the characters to die, because they were complete idiots... After 911, what fool is going to go into a slanting building (even before 911, but after seeing EXACTLY what happens as a building falls, no chance)... What about the one girl? She had almost no attachment to Beth, or the others....so she should have booked early on.
And sorry, but after my girl pops open (camera man's crush), I think I'm going to stay with the dudes with the military hardware, and see if I can get out, thank you very much....

MEGA SPOILER ALERT!!!

Then, what's the point of the big rescue, when they STILL get toasted in the end? This one point pretty much made the audience feel cheated, because if any actually DID get attached to the characters, it then made their struggle completely pointless...aside from documentation, which pretty much was all over the news anyhow, so no mega contribution there...

I doubt there will be a sequel, because it's unlikely anyone will greenlight it...though they did do a few to Blair Witch, so who knows? (I actually liked Blair Witch though, but only because I saw the SciFi hype show about it, which made it feel real, then saw the movie right afterwards, and before knowing it was fake). The idea of it being real is what made Blair Witch work, which doesn't work for this movie.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that the size of the moster changed? The creature that they ran into the subway from and saw from the helicopter was much larger than the one that finally crunched that idiot Hud. Too bad it wasn't realistic enough to show what really would have happen to Hud if he had ben eaten like they portraid. I personally was hoping that Hud would get a bite from one of those creatures and just as everybody thought this moron would live and be allowed to procreate he would explode like his crush did. Maybe it was one of its kids or something. Personally I wish they would make a sequal in Boston with the creatures eating Belichek and Tom Brady. I would be wiling to pay full movie price to see that.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have to agree that the ending was somewhat of an anti-climax. I think there are too many unanswered questions NOT to make a sequel. The question is: Will anybody go see it after the disappointing end to the first? Sucker that I am, I'll be there to see part 2, if it should appear(if only to get closure).

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Personally I wish they would make a sequal in Boston with the creatures eating Belichek and Tom Brady. I would be wiling to pay full movie price to see that.

Your evil! Manning is going down by the New England Cloverfields

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I didn't think the ending was anti-climatic. Sure, it was a let down since everyone bit it, but I don't know if I'd say anti-climatic.

As for sequels...I'd like to see them do another "documentary" style shoot for it. In my view, it could be like a British Documentary Team (or someone) that's on base at the New York National Guard doing a documentary about Army/Guard life when the monster attacks.

We'd see the attack from the Army/Guard's perspective the second time around. Maybe get some answers. And the footage wouldn't have to be so hectic.

We'd maybe get answers as to what the "hammer down protocol" is (nukes or something else).

Or maybe Voltron will show up and save us. Who knows.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join