It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Which are best cases amongst that mass of material?

In this article I unveil (for the first time on a public forum) the “Top 100” UFO cases based on the frequency of their discussion within 963 UFO/SETI books.

If ufologists wrote books solely with the objective of presenting the best available evidence, then the most frequently discussed cases would be the ones that the most authors regarded as the best cases.

Does the resulting list accord with your view as to the best cases? If not, which cases would you add or remove? Why?

Just a quick post to say that I've done a LOT of work on this topic since starting this thread a few years ago.

I'm making the relevant lists of references available on the Internet and seeking to establish better ways of identiftying the best UFO cases.

Unless some reasonable ways are put forward for identifying the views of the UFO community as which UFO cases are the vest, where are skeptics to start when told there are thousands upon thousands of UFO reports?

To take things to the next level, one of the ideas I'd like to explore is whether any consensus exists as to the RELATIVE merits of UFOs cases if certain specified criteria are applied (aking to Hynek's Strangeness and Credibility Ratings, Vallee's SVP ratings etc), regardless of the views of the people participating in the ratings as to the causes of UFO reports.

I'm planning (work and family commitments permitting - which they often do not) that I'll be able to start a relevant thread in the near future to try a little experiment along these lines.

I hope some of you will act as guinea pigs in that experiment.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Your thread reminded to dig again into the exteriorization of consciousness
observed often at the abductions as well as into the other OBEs and the
implications of it. It is very important for us to know what we exactly are into
the considerations about our relations with everything pointed of you above.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow this thread is fantastic! You should bump
this thread every so often for new members OP.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Cool thread.

I looked at an article with some top-10 lists of various researchers. Stanton Friedman started his comments by saying he didn't like top-10 lists of UFO cases. And I found myself in disagreement to some degree with all the lists presented in that particular article, where cases on which each researcher had worked understandably seemed to have priority.

Anyway, I have thought about creating some complex scoring system that would take the strengths of arguments both pro and con into account, but you know it would be a tremendous amount of work to apply it to a large number of cases. Conducting an ATS poll of strongest cases would be easier and probably better, not that all members are experts. I certainly don't claim to be an expert.

Anyway, I would think a case in which a UFO was clearly seen in restricted airspace by 1,800 soldiers standing in formation, a jet was scrambled, the 1,800 soldiers watched as the jet fired a hail of bullets at it then went through various maneuvers, and the pilot said he got a good look at it (from 300 feet) would somehow rank higher than George Adamski's encounters with people from Venus, many references to which must have been negative, what with all the arguing back and forth about what model of vacuum cleaner he had cannibalized for the dome of his saucer model, the claim that his first version had been submitted as fiction and rejected, etc.

Oscar Santa Maria Huertes, Commander, Peruvian Air Force, retired, speaking at the National Press Club in an event organized by Leslie Kean:
www.youtube.com...

www.prufon-news.com...

And, of course, many of the best cases are not publically known. I've never heard of one particular case except from the man in USAF uniform who personally told me had chased a UFO and that the pilot of the other jet had crashed into a mountain. Maybe he was lying, maybe not. For all I know they were chasing Lubbock plovers.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Good job on the compilation, next time please do one with top ATS members, I would love to see my stories get more views.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
Wow this thread is fantastic! You should bump
this thread every so often for new members OP.

Thanks, but I'm not sure whether it is polite for me to bump my own threads. I'm generally happy to rely on others expressing an interest in my threads and posting in them.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Good job on the compilation, next time please do one with top ATS members

For the last, oh, 2 or 3 years I've been intending to post a little experiment which involves inviting ATS members (whether "top" or otherwise) to participate in a poll regarding their views on various UFO cases. I'm not sure I'll ever get around to running that little experiment...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Perhaps then you could put those members on the top list as well? It is high time the average joe gets his story out there by someone credible. I as many others respect your work IssacKoi... I am game just let me know when you are ready.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join