It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Awesome list! That must have been a lot of work!

I may have missed them, but I didn't see references to:

The Phoenix Lights Case
The Varginha Case (alien manhunt in South America)
South African Schoolchildren Case (where kids drew pics of the aliens, crafts, etc.)

Hi Gazrok,

Thanks for the compliments.

The 3 cases that you mention didn't make it into the "Top 100".

The "Top 100" list is based on frequency of discussion of each incident in a sample of about 960 UFO/SETI books that I've read in recent years. The lowest entry in the "Top 100" table was discussed in 27 of those books. The 3 cases you mention were discussed less frequently (partly, no doubt, because the first two case you mention are relatively recent cases and the third is from a country which few UFO authors write about).

The relevant number of references that I noted in my sample of books were:

(1) The Phoenix Lights Case - 13 references (for the relevant list of references see Koi Chronology 1997.0313)

(2) The Varginha Case (alien manhunt in South America) : 11 references (for the relevant list of references see Koi Chronology 1996.0120) and some useful material online here.

(3) South African Schoolchildren Case (where kids drew pics of the aliens, crafts, etc.) - I did not include references for this one in my notes. From memory, the only detailed discussion was by Cynthia Hind - with one or two other relatively brief discussions which were largely (if not entirely) based on her work. There is a bit more online e.g. here.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 22-1-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Hi IsaacKoi,

Of course I don’t have read it all yet [I am Dutch you know, so my English is my weakness] but I will say you this in advance.
This is in my opinion truly a magnificent thread you started here, really Top of the Bill research, with indeed very interesting cases.
This must have cost you a great deal of time to put it together in the exelent way as you has done it here.
I can only give you one star for it, but it is a big one.

I haven’t the slightest idea what that flag thing means, maybe someone can explain it to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
reply to post by IsaacKoi

This is in my opinion truly a magnificent thread you started here

I haven’t the slightest idea what that flag thing means, maybe someone can explain it to me.

Hi spacevisitor,

Thanks for the generous comments. I'm glad that quite a few members of ATS seem to think this thread is useful.

In relation to flagging, there is a description here. Basically, if you think a certain thread deserves to be drawn to the attention of other members of ATS then give it a flag.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am in love with this thread. The time and effort you put into building the actual post was well worth it, no matter the content.

Back to reading the cases.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Awesome work..great efforty and lots of material proving the point: Its all real. Well done!!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that I already flagged this thread IsaacKoi -- but just gave it a star too!

Reading over the cases whenever I have time and there are a number of them that are new to me so this is exciting!

Thanks again for the time and effort you put into all of this! Really appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Issac,

Blown away by the thread, really

Whats interesting is the focus that isn't put on some events, and the very strange inclusion of Tunguska in the mix, as the ET hypothesis theory for the event was initially a science fiction work.

Personally I'm disappointed that I didn't see Shag Harbour, Tehran '76 and The Belgian Triangle Wave higher up the list, and that the "Fast Walker" DSP Satellite bogey didn't even make it on there. I'm glad that one of my "holy grails" - the Zamora case is in the top five though.

More disappointingly is that Adamski features so high. Adamski always struck me as a well meaning fantasist and I have always been dubious about his stuff, even though I credit "Flying Saucers have Landed" as being THE book that got me into UFO's when I was a kid.

Enough about all that, its a great list and certainly should for the base of required reading for anyone interested in the subject.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
From me as well. Not least because it actually provides a useful link to pass onto anyone who asks the age old question..So what would say was the best cases for the existance of UFOs..

I agree with the previous poster who mentioned Shag Harbour, to me, that is the number one right now. Particularly since it has been found that the original debunker the government used. The Priest who was a college professor and astronomer, was lying through his teeth, as records left in his office after his death, show that the Government themself had it posted as a UFO incident. They were relying on him to try and keep a lid on the publics interest contemporaneously...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
More disappointingly is that Adamski features so high.

I know, I know... But he is frequently discussed so he appears high up in the list - in the same way that the Birdie Song made it into the charts.

By the way, a quick tip for those looking for the cases that the "UFO experts" recommend - press Control F on the first page of this thread and search for "featured in". This will highlight the cases in the "Top 100" that have also featured in various lists of the best cases drawn up by various ufologists.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by neformore
More disappointingly is that Adamski features so high.

I know, I know... But he is frequently discussed so he appears high up in the list - in the same way that the Birdie Song made it into the charts.

By the way, a quick tip for those looking for the cases that the "UFO experts" recommend - press Control F on the first page of this thread and search for "featured in". This will highlight the cases in the "Top 100" that have also featured in various lists of the best cases drawn up by various ufologists.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

I would rate you A1 hard working ufologist along the lines of a Kevin Randle!
for the research! Now thanks to you, I have one place to point die-hard non-believers to - this thread.

BTW, my vote for the most interesting case would be case no. 73 in this list. The Portage county chase.

The reason: we have police officers from different areas corroborating what they all saw, with detailed descriptions of an hours long chase - no lights in the sky or planet venus or swamp gas or even CGI (;-)) can explain that.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
who is this man? I don't know whether to applaud you or drill you for questions.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged! and then some.

Amazing work putting this together, as most (if not all) all your threads are put together so well Isaac.

Your an asset to this community, glad we have you.

I'd say about only 25-30%% of the cases I recognized by name. So there's definitely alot to read about when I have free time.

Again excellent work!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
BTW, my vote for the most interesting case would be case no. 73 in this list. The Portage county chase.

The reason: we have police officers from different areas corroborating what they all saw, with detailed descriptions of an hours long chase - no lights in the sky or planet venus or swamp gas or even CGI (;-)) can explain that.

I agree, but for different reasons. I grew up in Portage County, Ohio and was about 14 when this happened. I remember many people saying that the officers should all "Have their heads examined". Other people staunchly defended the Officers and their sightings. Several people that I knew and respected privately confided that they had seen something in the skies at various times in their lives.
Several years ago I was searching the internet and found two articles about the sightings. I bookmarked them.
They are --
www.cohenufo.org...

ufocasebook.com...

By the way, this was a very interesting list. Thank you for putting it together.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
who is this man? I don't know whether to applaud you or drill you for questions.

Assuming that you are referring to me as the author of this article, I am a barrister in England. I use a pseudonym when writing about issues relating to UFOs since I have no desire for clients or colleagues to know I have any interest in these issues.

Kind Regards,

"Isaac"

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Adamski's claims, Photos and Film I had thought were a we-bit out there but as time progressed and more claims were made from contactees and researchers, it starting becoming more and more clear to me there may be more to his claims than once thought.

So far as Adamski's claim the EBE Race he was in touch with are here out of the concern of our Nuclear testing for WMD purposes. I believe he deserves a place on the top 100 close to the top.

Great thread !!

Dallas

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Personally, I think the most interesting UFO case was the "Cash/Landrum Object".

Those involved got radiation burns, and so did the street and their car.

The witnesses had iron-clad credibility, and physical symptoms which could not be explained as anything other than exposure to huge amounts of radiation.

But, I digress.

Awesome job researching this thread!!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparkofdivine
Personally, I think the most interesting UFO case was the "Cash/Landrum Object".

Its certainly one of the big ones, because anyway you look at it the whole thing was very unusual. Either;

1. They were exposed to a very secret test of a nuclear powered aircraft with a direct cycle engine which seriously irradiated them or;

2. Something very very unusual came down out of the sky for a bit of a chat.

Given the fact that there were no major reports of hugely radioactive stripes across the USA which would have been indicative of direct cycle testing, the second option stands out as suddenly being more feasible, which then begs the question - what was it, exactly?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Isaac,

Well done, old man! Flag & Star.

Didnt see the Kelly Cahill (Australia) incident in there. I thought it was one of the biggies.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by lw2525]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Given that it covers some of the same ground, I thought it worth adding a cross-reference to another thread, started by Gazrok, entitled
Compilation: Some of the best UFO Cases (or the Classics)

BTW Many thanks for the further flattering comments about my article. It's nice to be appreciated!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here is a link to an official report on the 19/09/1976 Tehran, Iran UFO chase by F-4 fighter planes...

NSA Declassified File On 1976 Iranian UFO

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join