It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shooting Shakes Up Ohio Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Police Shooting Shakes Up Ohio Town

www6.comcast.net

LIMA, Ohio — The death of Tarika Wilson during a drug raid has left tensions here simmering between minorities and police.

Wilson, 26, was fatally shot and her 1-year-old son was wounded when SWAT officers burst into her home looking for her boyfriend.

Black clergy leaders are nervously waiting for investigators to decide whether to charge the veteran officer who fired the fatal shots. The officer is white, the victims black.

"This was ready to blow," said Daniel Hughes, one of several pastors who has been preaching patience while residents demand more answers about the shooting. "It still could go either way."

More than two weeks have passed since the Jan. 4 death of Wilson, a 26-year-old mother of six. Her baby son, Sincere Wilson, was wounded and had a finger amputated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Man how many people have to be killed before they realize the war on drugs is just a blatant terror organization .
[Edit]I don't think this is racially motivated btw , (Atleast thats not why i posted this)
[/edit]

www6.comcast.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The article never tell what drugs were supposedly sold . I can see going in with prejudice if it was pcp or crack . But i still don't see how you can mistake a lady with her 1 year old a threat , And enough of one to pull the trigger.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We had a similar unfortunate incident in ATL in 2006. An elderly woman was fatally shot when officers raided her home using a warrant they obtained knowing the info was bad. They were all fired.

Really, who wouldn't have an extreme reaction or use force if you are not participating in any illegal activity, not concerned or expecting any police presence and your door was kicked in and your home invaded?

Cops and drug dealers just two sides of the same coin when it comes to the War on Drugs. It's a farce.

new topics

top topics

join