It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global markets plunge on U.S. recession fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Global markets plunge on U.S. recession fears

money.cnn.com

LONDON (AP) -- European and Asian stock markets plunged Monday following declines on Wall Street last week amid investor pessimism over the U.S. government's stimulus plan to prevent a recession.

The U.K. benchmark FTSE-100 dropped 3.9 percent to 5,673.1; France's CAC-40 Index plunged 4.5 percent to 4,861.2, while Germany's slumped 5.35 percent to 6,922.7.

In Asia, India's benchmark stock index tumbled 7.4 percent, while Hong Kong's blue-chip Hang Seng index plummeted 5.5 percent to 23,818.86.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.iht.com
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Recession Fears Blanket Wall Street; Dow Plunges 300 Points

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Calm down, this isn't a doom and gloom thread. I just want to ask you some questions, okay.

Has this affected your life in anyway? Are you expecting recession? Do you know somehow recession might come? Have you made some preparations regarding in case of recession whether it's in the US or the UK?

Just because the markets plunge like that, it doesn't mean the US automatically goes into depression. I kinda figure this would start in December 2007 (apparently I missed). But this is not necessarily will turn into a global recession. Probably just a little scare or a little slowdown.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join