It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden rash of illogical skepticism?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Really curious... has anyone else noticed a sudden rash of irrational skepticism? My GF, who is usually open minded and supportive of theories, screamed "I'm sick of your stupid conspiracy theories!" when I mentioned something that happened to show up in the news or something... basically wasn't anything to do with conspiracy... was hard fact.

One of my best friends just flat-out denied that (7?) of the terrorists that were supposedly on the planes that hit the WTC's and Pentagon are alive. He's just like "No, they were killed in the crashes... they can't be alive" and when I explained to him that they were found well and alive and were never even there, he still calls me a quack (in a sense). wtf?!? They have documents on this, although the US Gov probably doesn't want it to be general public knowledge.

Anyone else notice this? or is it just coincidence? I've noticed alot of other people around Cheyenne that are pretty much covering their ears and yelling SHUT UP! whenever something comes on the news or is put into the newspaper.

As it is right now, I only have one friend left who I can talk to about this stuff, and this board... thank you, all, for being open-minded about stuff. At least I know I'm not going crazy!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Post your documents prooving the 7 terrorists are alive. I flat out do not believe you. Prove it to us.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
1. It's not sudden.

2. Most people can't understand the motto of this website.

3. Sometimes you need information back-up when you have almost converted someone to a basic sequence of truth and not smokescreen. You got it?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Post your documents prooving the 7 terrorists are alive. I flat out do not believe you. Prove it to us.

^Is this the type of thing you're talking about?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The number of misidentified 9/11 hijackers is on record as eight, not seven.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Most people don't care or don't want to hear negative things about their country. Especially if they have an extreme sense of patriotism. This extreme patriotism has blanketed the United States post 9/11 and left many people blind to anything other than government statements on who is right and wrong. A lot of it now is also denial when people begin to realize they've been suckered and don't want to accept such a notion.

With much of what was discussed here regarding the Iraq invasion finally making it to mass media outlets, everybody is waking up and finding out they were lied to and they're not about to accept it just yet (if ever).

I never bring up anything I talk about here in real life for the same reasons. The only people I can share it with is my immediate family, and then only rarely.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
omg... do a search on the forums... that's where I found the info. Don't call me a liar so fast, you crackhead...try finding out for yourself instead of just yelling fraud. If you want to ever debunk something anyone has said, get YOUR proof first. Please... This thread isn't about the terrorists, it's about a SUDDEN RASH OF ILLOGICAL SKEPTICISM! That was just one example, and I think your post just proved it to be more than just a coincidence that people are retreating into their own little worlds, so to speak, and pretending that "everything is OK".

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Mis identified does not equate to conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Dont get militant with me freak. People dont have to agree with you. Ok Saddam!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
wow... yeah, NotTooHappy... that was exactly what I was talking about... lol, got several posts just in the few seconds that I was typing.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
During the 90's alot of people now suddenly skeptical of every little thing were saying Bill Clinton hired hit men, and Hillary will bring the NWO. Skeptics laughed.

Now the devil is Bush, and those same conspiracy theorists from the 90's are suddenly SKEPTICS!

It's all more political than people think. If you're secretly mad over Bush being AWOL an issue, you're more likely to bash another conspiracy since... "it's all just internet bunk" or whatever.

And the reverse is true. If you thought Clinton did no wrong and scoffed at Matt Drudge in the 90's but now you like Dean... suddenly Drudge is God and Kerry an adulterer. Same thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Dont get militant with me freak. People dont have to agree with you. Ok Saddam!
Name calling somebody Saddam isn't too smart. The man was innocent of all charges brought against him for invasion.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What - you sir are traitor and most likely a terrorist yourself! You should be brought to the Tower and beheaded.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Where's Kano? Where's his buddy?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
KANO'S INSTANT BOARD-RAGE SOLUTION.

HERES SKIPPY!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

What - you sir are traitor and most likely a terrorist yourself! You should be brought to the Tower and beheaded.

tower? beheaded? you sound like a islamic funamentalist..are you one sir??Because in the U.S...when someone is a traitor...If we decide to execute them we either hang,shoot, or inject...we dont behead!! thats what saddam and others in the middle east do! are you supportive of islamic funamentalists and thier punishments??

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

tower? beheaded? you sound like a islamic funamentalist..are you one sir??Because in the U.S...when someone is a tratoir...If we decide to execute them we either hang,shoot, or inject...we dont behead!! thats what saddam and others in the middle east do! are you supportive of islamic funamentalists and thier punishments??

Yes, in America we kill them in a much more civil manner.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk.

What Skip? Seven of them walked away from the planes after they crashed????

tsk!!!!!!!

Well what do you mean Skip?

tsk tsk tsk, tsk tsk tsk tsk - tsk tsk!!!

You mean the authorities bungled the planting of IDs and some of them were living people who had trained to fly in the US, but were profiled as Arabs even though they had no discernible terrorist connections at all?

tsk tsk!!!!

Well, that's been par for the course under the Bush administration, Skip. They abuse intelligence every hour of every day.

tsk tsk

Now, now, Skip. You were brought in as a solution for board rage, not an angry kangaroo...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No I dont support Islamic fundamentalists but I would hook a car battery up to your nards and flip the switch for not agreeing with me on my method of dealing with the traitor.

Oh yeah - Skippy is cool!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ADVISOR

Skippy was actually a girly roo, just for the record.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join