It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Markets Plunge - DJIA Futures Down Nearly 500 Points

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

the markets are only responding to the (incorrect) notion that the toxic
paper & credit correction will will only be a 1.5 Trillion loss............

instead of the 3 trillion loss that the outside & independent auditors
are beginning to leak-out...
and i believe even the revised 3 Trillion is a low-ball figure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

no sources, but the www.larouchepub.com
has press releases addressing the full scale bankruptcy blanket that is
spreading over the global financial industries

[edit on 21-1-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

$3 trillion?!

that's not a typo right? Could Wall Street even afford a bill at that price?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

no,
and that seems to be the rason that the USA Federal Reserve is presently
twisting the Bush Administration to start this fast (but temporary)
rebate/emergency 'stimulus package' for the multi-millions of US consumers with the $250 - $800 treasury checks... to keep the ponzi scheme afloat long enough for the elite bankers & Fed to cash out & hide their butts

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
S&P and NASDAQ futures have just plunged by 4%

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
Might be coincidence but I just saw my town's SWAT APC being towed somewhere downtown. I wonder if they are preparing for riots tomorrow?

In my hamlet that's called; "a parade".

Originally posted by spitefulgod
how can we all help to accelerate this...

Do the unthinkable...the unpatriotic: Open a savings account.

Foreign markets are reacting to Wall St's rejection of plan C...or was that D
The Fed is losing control...the world now knows it. Zero's on the horizon...and no pilot in the cockpit.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
All Ordinaries (Australia) is down 5%

Japanese markets have just opened and welll...it ain't good. -2% down and Korea is about -4%

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was gone all day and my reaction to seeing the Canadian market close was as fallows...

Then a litte....

What a blowout. Who knows what will happen tomorrow....

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hungary is closed with -4%. Let's see the tomorrow.

At least if everything will goes on this way, this little crack will send us back right to the 50s. Actually that was a pretty nice era.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by behindthescenes

I don't think this is the second great depression.

Don' get me wrong, this is serious, but we need to start seeing double digit drops on a single day within the stock market over a continuous period with negative economic growth.

Just the opening salvos for Doomsday. More to come. But, something else. --------------PC

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
Originally posted by Golack

Do the unthinkable...the unpatriotic: Open a savings account.

Foreign markets are reacting to Wall St's rejection of plan C...or was that D
The Fed is losing control...the world now knows it. Zero's on the horizon...and no pilot in the cockpit.

The Fed's chief was on tv 2 days ago asking the consumers to buy stuff to help the economy. Excuse me, but the US just had the biggest buying orgy of the year, called Christmas. What is he thinking??? A lot of people's credit cards are maxxed out and they spent more than they should have. Most of my USD are liquid, but like some others have said, you can't eat money or gold. I have my supplies in house now, including H2O. If we don't get vaporized by the plasma discharge of TU24, we should make it until 2012

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Doomsday salvo? Well, you're maybe right. Stockmarket crash, the TU24 Asteroid... anything else, which is available on this week? Maybe a bit of an alien invasion. Who knows?

Seriously. It's not doomsday, just we'll have a really-really-really bad week.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Udio remember that when Banankle was asked how much more we were about to lose on write outs he said about 100 billions or more.

Prior to that the speculations were on the 400 billions unaccounted for.

But here is where I see the deception, that has been played always for the benefit of the government and the consumption of the American public.

The real numbers has been manipulated and played at to keep them hidden.

As you pointed out the part of the law that still have no choice but to play their role that they were given regardless of the lobbying by private interest now are telling their side of the story that can not be sugar coated anymore.

The 400 billions then 100 billions or more now reality check perhaps trillions it only shows how well manipulated numbers has been in the corruption that has taken our economy.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here in Australia we're nearly down 5% again for the second day. Ouch. I'm hurting. I think i might go find a rock to crawl under.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
...the USA Federal Reserve is presently
twisting the Bush Administration to start this fast (but temporary)
rebate/emergency 'stimulus package' for the multi-millions of US consumers with the $250 - $800 treasury checks... to keep the ponzi scheme afloat long enough for the elite bankers & Fed to cash out & hide their butts

not really a laughing matter but...ponzi scheme indeed!

And..

$250 - $800 one time checks, when the last time I checked it seemed that people wanted JOBS that paid that much more a month, to afford health insurance, a home mortgage, college for their children, retirement savings.

"I owe my soul to the company store..."

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Shouldn't forget, for every Futures dollar someone loses, someone else makes a dollar - same goes for those shorting equities. George Soros made billions (while the BOE lost the same amount) when his shorting of the pound sterling forced the UK to withdraw from the ERM back in '92.

It's basically a zero-sum game...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

We dont invest our money into stocks and have tons in savings. This yea is actually a good year for us. Strange.

Though I don't think that not investing in stocks is smart at good moments (as the dividends are usually much higher than savings).

But what you guys have done is incredibly smart and you have been lucky. It is good some times to not be risky and greedy and just do some old fashioned saving.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Another Vodka
Excuse me, but the US just had the biggest buying orgy of the year, called Christmas. What is he thinking???

And people will sign their check over to their credit card company for their Christmas purchases, thereby helping that industry. Or they might sign the check over to their health insurance company, who, if it's like what happened to me with the tax cut, will come begging for an increase. Prop up the insurance businesses.

These people are out of touch with others' reality. We walk in Payless shoes, they walk in Bruno Magli shoes!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Nikkei continues drop:

VALUE 12,674.57
CHANGE -651.37
% CHANGE -4.89
TIME 19:53
TOTAL MEMBERS 225
UP 0
DOWN 225
UNCHANGED 0

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have a simplistic view in life when it comes to things.
Working with systems, networks, computers, my method of thinking is very straight laced.

If you compare the stockmarket, like any other system it is a very basic idea, run by many complex sub-routines. It has evolved over time, and has had patches applied to keep it running.

Like any other system, somewhere there is control.

so there is either one of three things happening.

1. This is normal operation (and some patches need applied)
2. The system is flawed, and will be replaced by something that works better
3. This is intentional operation of the system and it will be run into the ground.

To be honest, i know the basics of how the system works. Give me the data, ill write a program to use it, but i need all the variables first. So i can't really pass judgement on it, but my gut instinct tells me this is being controlled, and is intentional.
I think i probably understand it more and take more interest than Joe Bloggs.

The press coverage in the UK is interesting, every headline is reminding us that this is the biggest drop since 9-11. Yes thats fact, but the blatant connection to the attacks worries me.

I fear that this was indeed set in motion when the first plane went into the trade centre.

With the UK government intervention with "Northern Rock" & Browns plans for the EU you can almost read the script for what is going on. At least Tony Blair charmed you into things (at the beginning) Brown just seems to do them without giving a toss what you think.

Since 9-11 i have made many predictions inside my head, with the aid of sites like this, filtering through what i see in-front of me. Im tired of being right, this whole damn mess is staged.

Do i know where this is going, No but the bat-senses are going mad.

Sorry to vent, but i know that life changing things are happening around me and felt the need to voice my opinion

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

The problem I see is that as banks starts to get the squeeze from the markets woes and they start to let workers go then they will have not other choice but to put a stop on their interest and dividends on their accounts.

Beware, banks will squeeze the consumers first even freeze accounts.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join