It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Markets Plunge - DJIA Futures Down Nearly 500 Points

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by biggie smalls

I wonder if the crash has anything to do with the TU24 asteroid scare: www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I think its quite a possibility. NASA is freaked out and told their handlers about it...

LOL are you kidding me you want the reason why we are crashing you need to check out my thread economy going down the tubes and government is hiding it. Ive been calling this for awhile and look at the people argue with me on the thread. I wonder what they have to say now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 21-1-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Its been sinking for years, but I am talking about the past day or two.

The housing bubble is popping, oil is becoming too expensive, etc etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

This goal is not hidden. It is stated openly. In the words of Maurice Strong, Founder of the UN Eco-summits and Undersecretary General of the UN: “Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsibility to bring [that] about?” —as quoted in The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming and Environmentalism (Washington, D. C.: Regnery Publishing, Inc., 2007), p. 6.

georgereisman.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaauroraaaaa
to a point, but don't forget how many people (baby boomers) that have money in the market for retirement.

if memory serves me right
a couple years ago Bush came out with his plan to fix
social security. He suggested that people should do away with
social security and use the stock market to retire on. I can't
remember all the details of the plan. Maybe somebody could
post a source for it ???

well a stock market crash or a recession is the very reason
why this substitute for social security would not work. People
would lose their life's savings. Just think, right now those retirees
would have next to nothing to look forward to if Bush's
SS package was adopted.

The stock market is too volatile to risk one's life savings.

Bad Bush !!!! Bad Bush !!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
ok , so if everyone is losing money, who is buying it,

Bildebergers or the elite

they are the only ones with the cash flow to make it through
to make the purchase profitable in the end. If you can hold
out to the end, somebody intends on making a killing.

LOL .... guess that leaves me out
and probably 90% of the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

Great point Simon. Star for you. I've been saying this to anyone who listens (nobody does). If you are a believer in the NWO, you must also believe they have the ability to manipulate the market. So while they are out there telling the public that you must invest in 401k in order to be able to retire some day (won't be any SS), they are waiting for the right time to steal your money from you.

But go ahead... keep putting your money in 401k, "actually now is the perfect time to invest
"

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

My husband is military and we get a housing allowance. We actually got a few hundred more a month this year - it always goes up, never down.

This is actually all good for *us* because we can buy a new home, super SUPER cheap at a very low fixed interest rate. In a way, its all perfect timing for us...as we are moving soon - to an area that is much much more cheaper to live in then where we are now.

We dont invest our money into stocks and have tons in savings. This yea is actually a good year for us. Strange.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think a lot of people are forgetting that less than 18 months ago the dow stood at 10,500. Then it began an incredible bull market taking it to 14,000.

I remember their were times in 2007 it was extremely rare to see a down day.

If you look at the chart of monthly dow, it is still very firmly in a 20+ year uptrend.

Personally, I do think the big crash is coming, but with an election year looming, I still think we got afew years before we need to buy canned food.

I expect a fall to 10,000 over the next few months, but I'll be really surprised if the bankers and govs don't step in and at least pretend to take the edge of in the next few days.

It will be interesting what reaction the market will have to a half point rate cut by the fed on the 31st

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Great post!! Funny, someone at work today, who admits her world is small, asked me today if I thought we would hit a recession. My answer was "Are we going to? It's already here." Now I have my proof. Thanks again for the post. Interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow, the fakes just keep gettin better and better, the only thing that i find interesting in all this is the eye blinking.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm gonna make a pure speculative prediction here...

Tomorrow the FED announces an emergency rate cut (50 bp?) instead of waiting for it's next meeting on January 30th.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
I think a lot of people are forgetting that less than 18 months ago the dow stood at 10,500. Then it began an incredible bull market taking it to 14,000.

wasnt that in part due to the rate cuts, which are also partly the reasons for the bind we are in right now?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Next question
if the feds keep lowering rates til it gets to zero ....
does that mean next that they'll be paying us to borrow ??? LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

inflation is too high,

so that is unlikely to happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Might be coincidence but I just saw my town's SWAT APC being towed somewhere downtown. I wonder if they are preparing for riots tomorrow?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
Might be coincidence but I just saw my town's SWAT APC being towed somewhere downtown. I wonder if they are preparing for riots tomorrow?

what town?
or if for privacy reasons...
what is the population?

[edit on 21-1-2008 by aaaauroraaaaa]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There's an interesting article which can be read here about how this has come to pass.

Printing more money to make things look healthier is never a great idea, but from the article in question, it appears that's one of the factors.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaauroraaaaa

about 70k

medium sized college town

I only found it weird because that APC never moves. Its been sitting in the same spot at the county sheriff's office for 2 years.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

A crash is China’s chance for reforms

The spectacular run-up in equity prices in China in the past two years has created a classic asset bubble. The likelihood that the stock market will crash in the not-too-distant future has recently increased because of rising inflation at home and a global economic slow-down. The Chinese stock market has already begun to correct – the main stock indexes have fallen 15 per cent from their highs. However, with Chinese equity price levels disturbingly close to those of Japan’s Nikkei in 1989 prior to its meltdown, the Chinese market will have to fall much further to reach reasonable valuations.

FT

A very interest read about the Chinese stock market bubble

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well according to Time Magazine, today 1/21 is officially the most depressing day of the year www.time.com...

With that said, I must say that with all of the hot stories here on ATS, it makes the day even more depressing. So the stock market is going to crash tomorrow, the weather is crazy, an asteroid may be coming dangerously close to Earth, UFO's are making the headlines and Discovery is airing Life Without people tonight. Geez, what next?

I'm not all for the doom and gloom, but at this point it seems pretty unavoidable. Hopefully this is all just the result of overzealous reporting, and that nothing major will come of it. Cross your fingers people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join