posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:14 PM
1. Spain - Spain had unprecedented influence in shaping central and south America, they would be very different continents today if it wasn't for
2. Britain - Forcefed western culture and government around the world, in many places where it had never been before. Played a leading role in
establishing some major countries. USA, Australia, India, South Africa, Israel, Ireland...
3. Russia - Communism and revolution caused ripples around Europe in the early 1900s. Russia saved Europe from the Nazis, and spent the rest of the
twentieth century playing the bad guy influencing nations as close as China and as far as Cuba.
4. Germany - Two World Wars, Weiners, Hamburgers and immigrants. 'Nuff said.
5. France - Influenced Europe alot during the Napoleonic era, influenced Canada, long been the world's arguably most famous icon of fine culture and
6. United States - The heaviest player in global politics from 1945 through present day. It's freedom and lifestyle has been a beacon to the world,
mainly through television. Generated immense sympathy and support in 2001, but managed to destroy her reputation by 2003.
7. Italy - Renowned for culture, second only to France. Developed the most powerful land armies and bureacracy known to man, dominated much of europe
a little under two millenia ago. Some Roman culture was retained and adapted by conquered countries, but was not as directly influential as the later
8. China - In isolation ancient China held arguably the most advanced and intricate of societies, also developed several key technologies centuries
before the West. Drastic changes in political and economic climate led to a very different but highly significant China today.
9. Japan - Despite being isolationist for much of its life, Japan joined the Axis and held strong against the USA, making a major impact on the south
pacific during the war. Japan retains its influence today with spreading various highly popular elements of entertainment to the West, along with
hosting the world's top technology corporations that we all depend on for a modern lifestyle.
10. Israel - Few states have been more controversial than Israel. Due to an aggressive foreign policy, a deep rooted biblical theocracy, high profile
relationships, unique treatments, and being the most liberal nation in the whole Middle East, Israel commands great influence for its size and will
continue to make headlines for years to come with its endless predicaments. It inspires love, hate, passion and frustration the world over.