It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Hundred Billion Barrels of Oil in North Dakota

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
In Stanly North Dakota, it was just reported on television news that it is estimated there is two hundred billion barrels of oil, which is started to be taped. It was also said that is more oil then is in anwar region of Alaska.
Any more info on this?

(Mod Edit to correct spelling errors in thread title)

[edit on 1/21/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I was under the impression that there was no conclusive evidence on how much oil was in ANWAR. Both sides of the argument were stalling doing the research fearing it would empower their adversaries.

I would not be surprised in the least to discover that the US had a HUGE untapped, or stored supply of oil. Based on the way our government likes to operate it would seem logical that we would seek to use up all the oil outside of the US before we began to deplete our untaped or stored resources.

Still I do not have any information in my head in regards to oil in the Dakotas.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
In Stanly North Dakota, it was just reported on television news that it is estimated there is two hundred billion barrels of oil, which is started to be taped. It was also said that is more oil then is in anwar region of Alaska.
Any more info on this?

(Mod Edit to correct spelling errors in thread title)

[edit on 1/21/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

It dosen't matter the Democrats and the enviromentalists won't let anyone drill for US oil. They would rather have people have to choose oil over food in the witer. But they allow China steal our oil as it drills off the coast of Cuba.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The canada geese and triple striped yellow billed crows live there. Are you kidding? Peta will go nuclear on you if you disturb any nests. Billions, perhaps trillions spent on retaining and maintaining petroleum rights and strores. We could be plugging all our vehicles in tomorrow if it wasn't for high interest stakes.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

It doesn't matter the Democrats and the enviromentalists won't let anyone drill for US oil. They would rather have people have to choose oil over food in the witer. But they allow China steal our oil as it drills off the coast of Cuba.

Don't get out much do you steve99?

I see more exploratory rigs north of my house than I have seen in decades.
Go to Kansas....See any rigs? How about over the Permian Basin... see any rigs?

And wouldn't the oil off the coast of Cuba belong to the Cubans?

Nice dig at the Dembs and enviromentalist[sic] though even if uninformed.

The oil company's are all hireing roughnecks in the four corners area as we speak and from what I understand the only idle rigs are the one's that are broken down. Actually there is a new drilling boom taking place, and why not with $100 brrl oil. My tax rebate check is going into oil co. stock.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
And yet, we are still, for some reason, dependent on foreign oil?

Fricken SAD.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Isn't most of that oil "shale" oil requiring alot of overhead to gleen the usable commodity? I guess it's starting to become economical since the price per barrel is close to $100.

[edit on 1/25/08 by surfinguru]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

It doesn't matter the Democrats and the enviromentalists won't let anyone drill for US oil. They would rather have people have to choose oil over food in the witer. But they allow China steal our oil as it drills off the coast of Cuba.

Don't get out much do you steve99?

I see more exploratory rigs north of my house than I have seen in decades.
Go to Kansas....See any rigs? How about over the Permian Basin... see any rigs?

And wouldn't the oil off the coast of Cuba belong to the Cubans?

Nice dig at the Dembs and enviromentalist[sic] though even if uninformed.

The oil company's are all hireing roughnecks in the four corners area as we speak and from what I understand the only idle rigs are the one's that are broken down. Actually there is a new drilling boom taking place, and why not with $100 brrl oil. My tax rebate check is going into oil co. stock.

We are not allowed to drill off the coast of Florida, but yet the Chinese seem to be doing it. And don't they have the technology now to drill at an angle.
Also it seems that every time they vote on drilling in some area of this country it is voted down by the Dems. Alaska is one place. They seem to also vote down alternate types of producing energy. Ted Kennedy seems to think wind powered generators would work fine except in his back yard. He just voted them down of cape cod.
And as for the environuts, we can't drill in certain areas we can't build nuke plants we seem to run into a brick wall when they become involved.

And you don't seem to get out much either, you seem to spend an awful lot of time on this site. No girlfriend huh.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by steve99]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

And you don't seem to get out much either, you seem to spend an awful lot of time on this site. No girlfriend huh.

Are you monitoring my internet usage? Actually I am selfemployed, almost use the internet exclusively for my marketing stratagy and have been married 3 times and now have a beautiful live in girlfriend. I play in a bluesband on weekends and sometimes work as an extra/standin in the movies; so I do get out a fair amount. But thanks for caring! envious?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Are you monitoring my internet usage? Actually I am selfemployed, almost use the internet exclusively for my marketing stratagy and have been married 3 times and now have a beautiful live in girlfriend. I play in a bluesband on weekends and sometimes work as an extra/standin in the movies; so I do get out a fair amount. But thanks for caring! envious?

Not at all. I unfortunatly have too much time on my hands, but do not visit this site to often, I find the people here to be a little to fake for my taste. I to also work in the movies, I am between jobs right now and usually only work a few months out of the year. The rest of the time I work on the large collection of classic cars I have.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
Isn't most of that oil "shale" oil requiring alot of overhead to gleen the usable commodity? I guess it's starting to become economical since the price per barrel is close to $100.

No this oil is supposed to be that, just oil.
The oil shale is in other parts of the mid west. And yes I have been expecting to see that developed for some time and has not happened just yet.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

[

Not at all. I unfortunatly have too much time on my hands, but do not visit this site to often, I find the people here to be a little to fake for my taste. I to also work in the movies, I am between jobs right now and usually only work a few months out of the year. The rest of the time I work on the large collection of classic cars I have.

Well you have me envious of both of you. Live in girl friend, working a few months out of the year, and working on a collection of classic cars.
Here I am a mechanic working forty hours a week and is concerned about just being able to pay taxes.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There is a lot of shale oil in the Colorado and Dakota areas, i should know I used to own some stock in a company that refines shale and sands oil but he collection and the refining of these type of oils is very expensive.

Those stocks tanked btw

[edit on 1/27/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Are you kidding? Peta will go nuclear on you if you disturb any nests.

Although there is good size groups of animal and environmental watchdogs in North Dakota, it has been my experience that the majority of people are practical when it comes to oil drilling or coal mining in regards to the money it generates.
With all do respect to these groups, they are trying to save wetlands and other habitat and the mine reclamation projects appear at face value to be productive.
Ron Ness (the president of the North Dakota Petroleum council) says that ND produces about 129000 barrels a day. I haven’t heard of a billions of barrels stashed away but will continue to look to see if I can find more information.
I haven’t been able to get an exact number on the number of oil wells in ND. Oil mining in ND has been going for well over 50 years and has had both its ups and downs. Millions of dollars are being spent on research and well drilling right now and jobs are plentiful and seem to pay well.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...
minnesota.publicradio.org...
www.jobsnd.com...
www.willistonnd.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

I would not be surprised in the least to discover that the US had a HUGE untapped, or stored supply of oil. Based on the way our government likes to operate it would seem logical that we would seek to use up all the oil outside of the US before we began to deplete our untaped or stored resources.

You just hit the nail on the head! At this time in history, OIL (and CREDIT) are the two major pillars of power in the world. Those that control either or both CONTROL THIS WORLD. This is why Big Oil was allowed to place (and keep) it's people in the White House in 2000. Control of Arab oil was also the main reason Sept.11 happened (and was allowed to), the end result being an American "Oil Police " presence thruought the middle east to this day. Certain Saudi's wanted to remove the Royal Family from power because thy were playing ball with the Americans, and selling their remaining 20 years reserve of crude at the bargain price of eighteen dollars a barrel, causing the country to start borrowing money from the World Banks to stay afloat! All this while the American oil interests sat on their knownn, (and unannounced)
reserves. Even (retired) Fed Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan was recently quoted as saying ,"EVERYONE knows the WAR (in Iraq) is over (about) oil". If anyone should know, Don't you think HE WOULD?
What gets me is that there are people who still refuse to believe their elected(?) leaders from 2000 (all having BIG OIL backgrounds) would lie to them and mislead them IN ANY WAY, when, in spite of the media's control over this country there is SO MUCH EVIDENCE to the contrary... What will it take for these folk to swallow their pride, admit they have been taken in and help change the direction that this country's been going? For example, why can't there be a Federal Green energy tax credit for going solar, wind powered ect. like California's been doing? Alternative energy sources were supposed to be viable when oil reached 50 bucks a barrel, we're WAY past that now. I would luv going off the grid and saving hundreds of dollars each month, (even after paying for the systems), like they're doing on the left coast. But there is a reason this isn't even DISCUSSED by our present leadership; they just throw out a "free money $1200 once a lifetime (or every 8 years) BONE out and laugh at how quickly desperate sheeple accept it in lieu of REAL SOLUTIONS.

It's all about POWER and GREED people, for the FEW. BUT as this power must be WILLINGY GIVEN to the few by the many, it can also be TAKEN AWAY and placed in the hands of others duly elected BY THE PEOPLE, not chosen by the FEW. Please perform your duty as citizens of this country and VOTE THIS YEAR, if your'e tired of this mess.
btw Sorry 'bout the rant.......

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Yknot]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Originally posted by surfinguru

No this oil is supposed to be that, just oil.
The oil shale is in other parts of the mid west. And yes I have been expecting to see that developed for some time and has not happened just yet.

Oil shale was viable (and produced) in the 70s and early 80s when oil reacehed $30.00 a barrel.

There has been plenty of oil discovered in the Northern hemisphere since then, just not a lot of production until this decade late 2001 when prices were allowed to rise to keep the cap on internal Saudi discontent that had led to the Sept. 11. attack. That was part of the 3rd Saudi coup attempt you never heard about.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Yknot]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Yknot

That is a theory I had not heard before.
Could you post a refrence?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Linking to this thread:
Lakota Indians Withdraw Treaties Signed With U.S.

There's some info in that thread that makes a connection to the oil $hale.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I found alocal story this morning that has some figures. This year could beat the record for new well permits. The record was 1098 permits way back in 1981.
bismarcktribune.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

But they allow China steal our oil as it drills off the coast of Cuba.

I detect a non sequitur here... Oil off Cuba... "Our" oil... where's the logic?
Is Cuba "ours"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join