It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aging and survival

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EntitySeed

Just as constant abrasion to our skin will eventaly form a callus, I think constant abrasion of ones spirit can also cause it to harden.
I would be hard pressed to determin which is which for myself. I'm not sure if my heart has been softened by the suffering I have seen and experienced, or if it has softened in spite of it all.
I deal every day with contridictions within myself that i do not understand.
The best I can come up with is that those who have had to take a life, and understand how profound an act that is, are left with a deeper respect for life.
Your words reveal much pain of both body and spirit.
While I can not change any of those things that have led you to where you are, I can offer an interest in helping you to find a path with fewer obstacles.
Parhaps this open forum is not the best place for this conversation.
If you would care to " U2U" me. I would be interested in talking further
I gather your a fairly recent member, as am I, so I'm not sure how this U2U works, but we can learn together

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I apologize for taking so long to return your reply. I took my wife out for dinner. It's a regular Saturday night thing. At this point in my life I haven't talked to anyone about my faith in the human race for a very, very long time. I will say this though, if I do it will be because I feel ready and completely at ease with the person I interact with. I have been
emotionally moved by your words and I need to try and make sense of this. Man I'll tell you this is a turning point in my life. You say things the way I know is right but cannot except at this time because it's hard to believe anyone can have a belief as you. Like I said, no faith. Let me think about this for a time. To many walls built and not enough C4. Thank You.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EntitySeed

Trust can be a fragile thing, so very hard to find, and too easily lost.
Take your time, and find your own trust within yourself.

I suppose I'm as real as the next guy, but I have never felt the need to prove myself, nor offer my resume. LOL
I can tell you what my " yardstick " is and maybe that will help you.
I take everything at face value and only incorperate those things that resonate with me as " truth".
Every day in our lives we are bombarded with opinions dressed up as " truth".
If one were to believe the media and the government we would all be helpless children in need of protection from everything from hot coffee to terrorists.
Mass news entertainment feeds us rehtoric dressed up as fact and most political agendas as well as advertising, play to our insecurities.
I treat all things including personal interactions with the same discretion.
If it has the ring of truth, I will accept it as such until it is proven otherwise.
When i first started " surfing the web", I was cautioned about all the falshoods i would encounter, and i have at times encountered people who doubt everything up to and including what personal details others might claim about themselves.
Rather than doubt everyone, and everything they might have to say, I choose to allow that they are exactly who they claim to be in as much as whether they are or not, has no real bearing on my life. The only thing I attach value to is the information or perspective they share with me.
I ajudicate those things by whether they resonate with me or not.
I used to use a tag at the end of posts that says it fairly well. it is, " I do not wish to lead, and I refuse to follow, but all are welcome to walk beside me "
My best wishs to you and your wife.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ShotDeal

I understand where you are coming from. In my 20's I was Navy Corpsman with a Marine unit, and I could take on the Appalation Trail without hesitation. I am Married, but do not have any children. When I talk about past events and training, I always refer to "back when I used to have hair." My wife has told me many times, "look at how many lives that you could save if a national disaster happened, and your years can add wisdom, in a world that needs it." I still do what I used to when I was younger. I just do them slower, and with more thought.

No matter how old you are, you can make a difference, and contribute!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join