It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

solider in iraq, for all you anti war people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

yeah they really want to go home lol

"we just want to shoot at something"

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OSSkyWatcher
www.liveleak.com...

yeah they really want to go home lol

"we just want to shoot at something"

Are you saying that soldier would rather be in Iraq than back home? You can't be serious.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, I'm sold. I'll move to the 'States and sign up, and you guys can give me a gun and I'll be as happy as Larry... *sarcasm level set to 10*

So.. Anti-War... Bad? Or... Anti-Peace... Good? I'm confused.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wear your seat belt. Don't run with scizzors. Drink milk.

I had a laugh at this but you see the nervousness of the guy in the car.

Was this guy bored out of his mind or is that sort of non sensical provocation an interogative device used like a Voight-Kampff test?

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Grimholt]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don't know why, but for a second I thought the soldier would blow the sheet outta him, or blow up his skull up in his car. Turns out nothing happened.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

I don't know why, but for a second I thought the soldier would blow the sheet outta him, or blow up his skull up in his car. Turns out nothing happened.

Really? Are you kidding me???? You really were watching that thinking the soldier was going to just start shooting the guy for no reason at all????

Wow. I actually find that quite unbelievable.

The guy was joking around and it was pretty obvious. Even if you find his sense of humour tasteless.....I just cant believe you would even think he was going to bring up his gun and blow the drivers head off

[edit on 20-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
i was for a bit for the first part i saw it, he is there with that dirty shot gun talking about just wanting to shoot something

it's hilarious to me

listen to the way he talks

clearly he wants to get some action today HOO RAH! (that's the right terminology?) he surely ain't thinking about home

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That story reminds me of one about a friend of mind. He was over there training Iraqis to fly and these Iraqis look death in the face every day. Not from flying but from if they are caught coming and going they will be killed by many different factions. Their families all had to be moved and they live a ghost life to be aircrew in the Iraqi Air Force.

Well one day a group of about 10 of them were joking around with my friend and out of the blue one of them looked at my friend and said “I am going to kill you” all was quiet for about 5 seconds and my friend almost # himself. Then all of them started to howl with laughter.

For them this type of saying was a huge joke since they beat death every day. I’m not sure how much this story plays in with the video, but it reminded me of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OSSkyWatcher

Well now I know that the soldiers are having fun and don't want to come home then by all means keep the war going. Yeh because that was the only reason I was against it... [End Sarcasm]

Now come on man, are you serious? Do you really think people will be for the war if they know the soldiers are having fun?

For me personally, that would be one of the last things I would think about in opposition to the war.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Wear your seat belt. Don't run with scissors. Drink milk.

lol

Good thing most of us don't have to deal with things like that.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ok First off thats not a soldier, Thats a Marine, There's a big difference. Yes they would rather be home but if their stuck over their they want to see at least some action before leaving, Its like training a pit bull to fight, Then telling him theres a fight coming, then telling him to sit. That pit bull is gonna get board.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know why he said this.
Either:
1. He was being smart, because he suspected the driver couldn't understand English.
2. It was a morale boosting "joke" for himself and his fellow soldiers.
3. He was trying to demoralise the enemy by making them think that the US soldiers enjoyed the war and had no fear of them.
4. He seriously enjoys combat.
5. A combination, or all, of the above.

Why he said all that I don't know, but it must be at least 1 of the above...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
IT'S A MILK/ALIEN/PHARMA CONSPIRACEY I SAY!! They're trying to get the iraqi's drinking more MILK so that the aliens will have more cows to mutilate!!! and the Iraqi's health will suffer and then the pharmaceutical companies come in and take over!!!! Oh I forgot -Milks good for you!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
For those of you who saw the movie Jarhead, there was a big problem with the Marines in Iraq being bored to tears. They were trained for a combat mission and when they got there, they were baby sitting oil feilds. This was what this thread reminded me of. Standing in a desert all day with no interaction may lead to what we saw in this video.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We’re sending these kind of people to fight this war……………no wonder it's been going on for 7 bloody years....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i never said anything about people being for the war, only that this is for the people against it, this dude doesn't want to go home

that soldier wants some action, he's probably not a regular soldier but a special forces member of some kind (someone said he was a marine) and it doing an important job when he does get the insurgents (they are shooting around the same iraqi civilians as the americans are aren't they?) i won't got into that any more but i think this is some realness out of the war, maybe he wants to go home and is fed up with being there and just wants to get rid of the insurgents and go home and have some american beer (to us canadians it's very light
) watch football on his big screen and...well you know, i could be reading it wrong

either way has anyone seen this on cnn or TV at all?

i do believe he wants to shoot the insurgents though and he's probably tired of the bull# games they play (it sounds like they will kind of fire at them, run away and hide for a bit, fire at them again, and the soldier wants to party right now instead of play games) then again he wanted the young driver to tell them in w/e city where there was "lots of them" to come get some too

(saddam was killing his own people, so because of that i feel america did need to get rid of him and we should support any troops there, what happens when saddam is gone...who knows, but peace is always better than war and what better time than now, that's the sum of my feelings on the war, i have a great respect for anyone going to war for their country, it takes a lot so don't think i have anything against anyone you know or you yourself)

and to andre18 actually the people in your military if you do your research are mostly 80%+ college grads, at least according to the military websites and enrollment statistics, a teacher once made the same comment being a smart ass and horribly uninformed comment about american troops, so i did have to do my research and i have seen the enrollments and the percentages of people who are college grads, high school grads, advanced degree grads etc. is very very high

i never graduated either (college or highschool) so.....america is definantly not sending people like me to war

i'm not american either, you assumed i am part of the war starting armys country

[edit on 23-1-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

come on guys... you can't tell me this actually happened do you? I mean, to me it just looks very staged and made just for a lark. I didn't even know taxis in badhdad would actually have "TAXI" written in english instead of their native language. Not to mention the background looks just too much like a rural area you'd find in Iowa or GA. The reactions and the overall dialogue just looked very staged. No I don't think the soldier did this to an unsuspecting driver, I think the driver is in on it too.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
for w/e reason i can't get the video to load right now it just buffers and that's it

but i dunno where you are getting the word "Taxi" from, or that they are in baghdad

(video is working again, it's an old yellow "Taxi" sign, so what, can you tell me what the cabs in iraq look like? didn't think so)

he clearly says in the video he is going to baghdad and the soldier tells him to send the insurgents when he finds out he is going to baghdad

they are in iraq, but not the city of baghdad

and i guess if i saw the video the same way you saw it, i would look set up to me too, like if i couldn't really see what i was watching lol (dunno how you can say you payed attention question when you didn't catch that they weren't in baghdad)

also i never and nobody ever said this happened to any of us, you start your post off by telling us we can't have told you this happened to us

[edit on 25-1-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

[edit on 25-1-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Aw c'mon, he's just frustrated there is no little Iraqis to hand candy and stuffed animals to. I just love this war. So much so, I'd like all the senators, congressman, and white house to get a first hand taste of sand flies, dust, heat, and constant fire/fear of roadside explosives.
God I love the smell of thermite in the morning. Semper fi fo fum.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No no no, don't misunderstand. My basic premise (argument) is that the video looks incredibly staged (fake) and I believe one of the signs of it being faked is the taxi itself. The first thing I noticed was that it was written in english instead of their native language, when you'd expect to AT LEAST have the native language in there. The second thing to notice on the taxi is that it has NO markins whatsoever like you'd expect a regular taxi to have. Third thing to note on the Taxi sign. Notice how it's incredibly close to the driver's side and also notice that there's a cord from the sign itself leading inside the car. Rather than having the sign in the middle as all cabs do, with no cord sticking out or anything.

What does this imply? It looks like a simple novelty sign you'd expect to find like at a spencer's store. it's a fake.

The dialogue sounds too staged, like reading off a script (and I should add... acted VERY poorly)

The last thing was that the background just looks like a rural area here in the states. Not in the middle east.

Oh, I guess I should also add that, at least in my opinion, I can't find this scenario actually playing out in real life. I can't think of any soldier seriously dumb enough to actually be looking to pick a fight in the same manner this kid has especially if they know they're going to get in serious trouble with their superiors.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Question]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join