It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carl Karcher ... Knight of Malta?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Is it possible we are reading too much into this. Many people join all sorts of organziations throughout their lives. They join boyscouts, college fraternities, professional societies, relgious groups, etc. In any given organization, you may find a few gung ho members that dedicate a great deal of time and effort to the organization, and many more members who take their membership casually. For example, I had a friend in college who was a member of a fraternity, a sports team, a church, and the boyscouts. He only went to church when he visited his parents in his home town. His dedication to his college fraternity was luke warm at best. He put a minimum effort into his sports team. He is however gung ho into the boyscouts, He was an eagle scout and leads a scout troop, even though he has no children yet.

Similarly, even though Karcher was a member of the Knights of Malta, it does not mean that the Knights of Malta had a large influence over him or his fast food chains. He could have been like the average member of the group, somebody who occasionally went to meetings and had a dusty membership card stowed away somewhere. He may have gotten "extra attention" at his funeral only because he was a somewhat well known person, who donated a lot of money to the church, and is the father of an influential priest.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mmmeat

The other group with the white capes were the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem. Another powerful group indeed!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mmmeat

With both organizations assisting at his public funeral Mass, Karcher was a member of at least two Roman Catholic chivalric / humanitarian orders.

The first you reference is the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepuchre of Jerusalem (white capes with red Jerusalem crosses). Its website is: order of holy sepulchre

The second is the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (black robes with white Maltese crosses). Its website is: order of malta

Neither organization is secret. Neither has an initiation ceremony. Both have public investitures, usually in a local cathedral, conducted by the local bishop or archbishop, and which are open to the public. Both are by application and approval, though limited to Roman Catholics in good standing and who've engaged in a life of charitable service.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Local officers of these two Roman Catholic (lay) organizations - SMOM and EOHS - would have contacted the widow and the family to ask what their wishes were for the Orders' participation in the funeral mass. This is a courtesy afforded to every knight or dame of these chivalric orders when requested by the family. The family can of course decline and many certainly do if it's not to their taste or style or faith tradition.

Fraternal orders (i.e. no sovereign head) such as the Knights of Columbus and the Free & Accepted Masons likewise make offers of final honors for their members to the decedant's family.

Cheers,
Sandalfon

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonica_esoterica
The Knights of Malta that post here are obviously not high enough level to know about the Papal Magic that is taught to the high level Knights by their shapechanging Reptilian overlords.

What rank was Carl Karcher?

[edit on 21-1-2008 by masonica_esoterica]

I Have already posted this on why i would only possibly join the Blue Lodge and Royal Arch as the Higher orders of Masonry lead to Rome!!

These orders are CATHOLIC IN NATURE this is why most Jewish People only join the blues and Royal Arch! Ie Lodge Shalom Glasgow

I found a Cloak in my fathers wardrobe for one of these higher orders and i was nearly sick at the site of it!

Their is a masonic in the Vatican city and a member of our lodge seen it when visiting Rome but was refused access to it, also when the Pope dies one of the signs of the conclave yes conclave another masonic group does a masonic sign which i witnessed on Tv fact.

Ill see what my masonic brothers say about this?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
SMOM in Black. EOHS in White....and as you say, funny hats. No OSMTH/SMOTJ pictured.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It is obvious that Karl was a member of SMOM but it looks like he may have been a member of EOHSJ as well. That is very impressive. It is very rare to be inducted into one of these organizations, let alone both! He must have been a very important, generous, and charitable individual. Although I have not personal heard of him before this thread, kudos to you Karl.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
is the Knight of Malta organisation, is affiliated with other organisations
or secret societies,

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hi guys, first time poster here on ATS.
Being myself involved with the SMOM (the real one). Allow me to clarify a few points, and re-inforce what others have said.

Yes, SMOM is a sovreign entity with Observer status at most international forums, similarly to the Red Cross movement.

Yes, it does have the power to issue passports, stamps, vehicle licence plates and coins. Typically however, there are very few of these ever issues. At most there would be 5-10 people in the entire world who hold SMOM Passports. Stamps are very rarely used. There are a minute amount of vehicles with SMOM plates. Aircraft are leased from the Italian Military but carry SMOM Markings and Call signs. Coins are mostly only issued for decorative purposes. The small "army" that we do retain is in fact a constituent part of the Italian Military and is only used within the city of Rome for the security of our two extraterritorial buildings, the Villa Malta, and the Palazzo di Malta.

Yes, we are a religious order of sorts. However we are unique in that our leader is not ordained. He is a professed Knight, taking vows of chastity obedience and poverty.

No, we are not the orchestrators of a new world order.

No, we are not a secret society.

No, you do not have to be a captain of industry or a millionaire banker to join. In fact, the majority of Knights that I know are simple working men and women who dedicated their lives to the sick, disabled, or poor through the works of the Organisation, many of them being qualified Nurses or Doctors.

Yes, there are many other organisations with similar names, or symbols to which we have no affiliation. These organisations often lay claim to being linked with us, and this simply is not true.

Yes, we do a huge amount of International Relief work through our agency Malteser International.

Yes, we have some strange traditions, and our Knights and Dame's wear unusual clothing at official events. This is no different to a lot of old organisations which hold onto their traditions and dress.

Yes, it is hard to become a Knight. This is not because we are guarding some kind of conspiratorial secrets, but because to become a Knight is a huge huge privilege, and it's only right that those who give the most of themselves through helping the poor and sick should receive this privilege. In a world where people expect instant gratitude, it may seem hard for some people to comprehend a lack of instant reward for hard work.

If anyone has any questions, please do get in touch. I've studied the history of the Order to a fair degree and might be able to help people who are looking into doing some research. Also, having met HMEH Fra' Matthew Festing, the Prince and Grand Master of the SMOM only last week, let me just say that he came across as quite a nice person, and not the cult leader that some would believe him to be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join