It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stone votes for 'Bush' project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Oliver Stone votes for 'Bush' project

www.variety.com

Oliver Stone has set his sights on his next directing project, "Bush," a film focusing on the life and presidency of George W. Bush, and attached Josh Brolin to play the title role.
The director has begun quietly shopping a script by his "Wall Street" co-writer Stanley Weiser.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
No offense, but I don't think this man is that interesting to read about, let alone sit in a movie theatre for an hour and a half (or more).

Much of his crimes will be documented by history. I don't think any movie will really do Cheney and him justice.

One need only Google the words "Stone" and "Bush" to find plenty of the director's critical comments about the Bush administration's invasion of Iraq. Despite that, the director said he's not looking to make an anti-Bush polemic. His goal is to use seminal events in Bush's life to explain how he came to power, using a structure comparable to "The Queen."

Another D-rated movie

www.variety.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Will anyone actually fork out the $10 to see this movie?

I'm more interested in seeing how much lies are included to make this man look like a saint.

Maybe I'll wait till its out on video and then borrow it from a friend.

I wonder what kind of travesties he is going to cause between now and the production of this movie.

Hey, maybe we'll even see an Iranian invasion. That would be interesting to watch...How he manages to convince the general public how invading another country is a great idea.

I'd like to hear some pro-Bush/Cheney supporters rip me a new one.

[edit on 1/20/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I like Bush.

A man with backbone always gets my vote.

However, Oliver Stone has never made a historically correct film, with the possible exception of "Platoon."

I don't think he's going to start with this project.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Grady,

I don't think anyone has said he doesn't have balls; However, you may want to research his national guard absences during the Vietnam war...

I do agree that Oliver Stone would not be the best choice for this movie, but he has stated he doesn't plan on making a Bush-bashing movie.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am fully aware of Bush's term of service with the Air National Guard.

His service was honorable.

That's what counts.

Any honest appraisal of Bush's life will reveal many faults in his behavior in his youth.

The evidence does show that he has overcome the source of his former short comings.

I'm just saying that Stone is not noted for historical accuracy.

We can wait and see how it turns out.

I think it's a little soon for a movie like this, but obviously it's going to done anyway.

A made-for-TV movie about Ronald Reagan that was recently aired, was so full of inaccuracies that it had to be changed to avoid being canceled and ruining the credibility of the film makers.

I just hope that this film is accurate.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The reason Hollywood's making this picture is to put something else out there to distract the people, again causing the public to choose sides against themselves and not against 'them'. Hillary will be in office at that point and she/'they' will be laughing at you because you fell for the ploy AGAIN!

We all know there's no way in hell the movie would actually be accurate.

Peace

top topics

join