It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom and Gloom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Does anyone know any amusing secrets or conspiracies for a change? its a bit depressing seeing posts predicting
(a) Earth destroyed by Aliens/Asteroids/Nibru
(b) What happens on 2012, probably nothing.
(c) War on Terror/Drugs
(d) Economic termoil
(e) Jed Bush for president!!

Might be fun if we could make up or exagerate a thread to see where it goes?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyforeigner

Does anyone know any amusing secrets or conspiracies for a change?

I tried, but those threads died quickly. Doom & Gloom seems to be the thing...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyforeigner

I think people are masochistic. It seems to me that posing the question of peace is always met with a "That would be nice but (insert masochistic doom and gloom here)". People want to see this planet destroyed because they're bored and the light show would be cool before they too are eliminated.

If it bleeds it leads. The media isn't responsible entirely for this approach..If people didn't want to see it they'd say so. And some do but certainly not the majority.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was actually thinking of a rumour that 'pop idol' is designed to distract the population from the NWO, trouble is its probably plausible.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I just finished reading the graphic novel "Watchmen", by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. Though it was written in the 80's, the plot kinda made me think about the present world climate with regard to war and the supposed false flag operation that will usher in the NWO etc...

(Plot spoiler coming up, BTW...)

In Watchmen, there is a false flag event, right at the end of the book, that halts the potential catastrophic confrontation between an expanding Soviet Empire, and an America that has become recently devoid of its greatest weapon (the only truly superhuman character in the book. Dr Manhattan).

This FF event was designed, and succeds, in bringing together the world in the face of an alleged alien threat. All nations band together in a community of self-defense turning our weapons from each other and to the skies instead.

Of course the threat never existed, but its prepetrator was willing, and indeed succeded in manipulating the earth's collective psyche, that, and sacrificed millions of people to make the whole thing look real and bring it to fruition...

So, in that vein, here's a conspiracy theory for you:

No conflict currently, or historically, has ever been instigated by any outside source. The truth is, we don't get on, we're still far too tribal, and simply just like to fight. And we are getting better and better at it. The End is almost near.

George Bush, who along with the NWO (who are in truth a beneficial group) have been watching this escallation with growing concern. To all intents and puposes, the US war machine has been expanding in keeping with new technology.
Secretly, they have also been developing new and amazing ways of improving our world.

Wars rise and fall, and they have to be fought. And they're becoming more frequent and devestating.

GWB is the last in a long line of men who have been trying to end all conflict on Earth, but, and contrary to popular opinion, without the use of global domination. Nothing is working, hatred is spiralling, distrust permeates every foreign government.

There is only one solution.

GWB will perpetrate a devastating "alien invasion" using super high tech weaponry disguised to seem otherworldly. All current conflicts cease as we all, in horrified disbelief, watch this incredible destructive power scorch parts of the earth. After a brief, violent struggle involving the American military and their allies, it will be repelled at great human cost.

This threat is something no one single organisation, religion, or political movement can cope with, let alone explain (except GWB, of course, who is now full of remorse yet knows he had to do what had to be done).

Racial and religious divides crumble, we all rally to aid a stricken USA.

Infighting is forgotten, and for the first time ever, the world is free of war. We live in a world dominated by the fear of "them" returning, but no longer kill each other.

There ya go; a new conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

join