It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The second coming including the media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Today i watched a discovery program regarding the Ark of the Covenant and it was showing links to Muslims, Christians and Jewish and how all 3 religions have something to do with this relic. It got me thinking about Christ and why an why im a Christian but also what makes a Jew and a Muslim study and serve their particular religions.

I asked myself that if there was top notch Media around the time of Christ ie like CNN, Sky News, BBC etc would there be more than one religion still. I mean media brings the world together in literally minutes with news etc.

I then thought if there was a second coming by the son of God in this day and age would all religions collapse and become as one in a new religion. Whoever it was would be plastered all over the TV, Radio, Newspapers etc every person in the world would know who this was and what he was capable of. Most of all the whole world would understand what he/she wanted to preach.

Would a second coming in this day and age unite the world purely because of media or would religions fight more to claim this person as one of their own despite his/her preachings of what they wanted on Earth.

Would terroists of religions try to assasinate this person believing him to be evil or like a false prophet etc

If such a person ever arrived and proved themselves to be of heavenly descent what would goverments do. Would they be powerless in this persons presence.

I know its not your normal ATS fact finding mission but i just got thinking that if such an event would unite the world and all religions then it is long overdue however if it was a recipe for world war 3 then what would goverments do to hide such a person. How far would they go???

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Or as the bible puts it.

The coming of the Christ will be like the light that flashes accross the sky.

Broadcasting Princeables, all the mass communications (television, radio, HAM), work on the Electric Megnetic Spectrum.

This is the same EMS that contains a small band of visable light that our eyes regester as light.

However the whole EMS is Light waves...

So how is it that the Christ's return would be like the light that flashes accross the sky? Broadcasting...

Nicely Done!

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
From the east, Incarnated, from the east.

For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

My opinion, the second coming will be visible physically.

And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
From the east, Incarnated, from the east.

For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

My opinion, the second coming will be visible physically.

And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

Yes and what light flashes from the east to the west? Sunrise, the Dawn.

"Visible physically"? What is broadcasting to you now? It is seeing the phyical thing, "Paris Hilton", who is a phyical being, somewhere in space and time all around the world in one moment.

"EveryEye" "Shall See Him". there is no place in the phyical known world this "phyical event" could take place were every eye at once would see him.

It's also spoken about in the book of revelations where the "media" makes a spectaular out of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
I then thought if there was a second coming by the son of God in this day and age would all religions collapse and become as one in a new religion. Whoever it was would be plastered all over the TV, Radio, Newspapers etc every person in the world would know who this was and what he was capable of. Most of all the whole world would understand what he/she wanted to preach.

You're not too far off. We are told the Antichrist will be a master of intrigue and a brilliant, persuasive orator who the people will accept and adore. You mention this person being plastered all over the media. We believe this will happen due to some prophecies of this individual being, in essence, everywhere at the same time. Many believe this is possible now through broadcasting although it confused prophecy scholars in the past before such technology existed.

We are also told he will, as you mention, set up a one world religion. Unfortunately, it will not be a time of peaceful unity. Those who do not convert are killed.

Would terroists of religions try to assasinate this person believing him to be evil or like a false prophet etc...

According to the Christian prophecies- both. Some suspect there will be an assassination attempt (due to it mentions he will suffer a head wound) and although many will accept him, others will see him for what he is: an impostor.

If such a person ever arrived and proved themselves to be of heavenly descent what would goverments do. Would they be powerless in this persons presence.

Again, you're not far off. lol Although I don't know about "heavenly descent," it is stated the false prophet that accompanies him will be able to perform incredible miracles. Some, not the majority, believe aliens will have something to do with the events and could prove to be of "heavenly descent."

But that is the scary thing- this man will be believed to be the "second coming" but instead he is only the Antichrist. Because so many people are currently awaiting their "Messiah" (Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, New Agers, and several others groups), it is a deception waiting to happen. They will think this man will be the one everyone was waiting for and accept him.

[edit on 1/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

My understanding of it is that when a man kind can be heard in the same day this is -one- of the indicators of the return. Maybe ashleyd can give better verse quotes, than me. But the antichrist is said to take advantage of this to convince he is the Christ reborn. My unaswered questions of this are was hitler possibly this representation, I don't believe so but you get my point. We don't want to accuse the real thing of evil intentions. WE WOULD IN THIS DAY AND PROBABLY TRY TO CRUCIFY HIM AGAIN AS WE HAVE LEARNED LITTLE LESSONS OF OUR ABILITY TO JUDGE THE FIRST TIME!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The second coming will more than likely be the N.W.O/T.P.T.B
carrying out the final phazes of their plan of global domination.

why do you think there are so many ufo and ghost type sightings lately?
I mean like multiple ones almost every day now where a few years ago it was more like 1 a month if we were lucky.
brand new area 51 alien videos, mile sized ships on the MSM...
multiple sightings world wide.

and when the MSM start pumping something, then you know its A LIE,
and is part of the global Elite plans.
this might all be part of the omega project and project BlueBeam.

COME ON EVERYONE..........WAKE UP.....................

oh.......but first we must suffer our 911 part 2 and what comes from it.
Its a constant state of war for us I`m afraid.
The Elite have us just where they want us......completely blinded.

then after wwIII then will come the Alien invasion....the fake one that is.

but real enough to kill alot more people...they love to kill.

so far some of the fake threats and or attacks have been.

gulf of tomkin
wwII
islamic terrorists
white british islamic terrorists(this one makes me laugh out loud).
iraq terrorists
anthrax
none existent bombs
737 aircraft
pakistan terrorists
iran terrorists
homegrown terrorists
radical homegrown terrorists

and coming soon to an earth near you .....
The Alien Terrorists .....he he

so there`s my take on the second coming and then some.....

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm confused. You talk about "the second coming" Not His (Yahshua's) second advent. I believe there will be a fake second coming, because Yahshua warns His people all in the Bible about this very thing. Yahshua says "if they say I am in the desert, go not out, or if they say I am in the inner rooms, believe it not. He then says words of comfort "For as lightning strikes from the east even unto the west, so shall the coming of the Son of man be. In other words, ALL eyes will see Him in that day. And no, not via TV or other, we will see Him with our eyeballs. My guess is that prior to His return, you won't have TV, PC, cell phone, radio etc etc etc..Because as the saying goes"what goes up must come down" in other words, all that garbage floating around in space, looking a bit like Sanford and Son, is coming down at some point and not gracefully I might add.

top topics

join