It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth indicates Gov't isn't hiding anything

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptnCrunch
Okay, I got to thinking about this whole Google Maps thing - and it's pretty damning evidence that the government is not trying to cover up alien spacecraft.

Let's look at this logically. If you were the U.S. government, and you knew there were these UFOs flying all over the place, and you didn't want your citizens to know about them, would you just give carte blanche to some company (Google) to photograph the entire United States whenever they wanted?

Google Earth couldnt find Steve Fosset and his downed plane in a relatively small area. It also hasnt found Osama Bin Laden. (Not that we are really looking for him) Point being, it certainly does seem to have its limits, though it does provide a nice picture of my roof.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptnCrunch
I don't know where this proof is that these pictures are "years old", other than shoddy speculation or outdated questionable internet articles. but hey, point me to the goods and I'll keep an open mind.

earth.google.com...

3. How old are the images in Google Earth? How often are they updated?

Google Earth acquires the best imagery available, most of which is approximately one to three years old. We add to our database on a regular basis. We’re not able to provide you with detailed information regarding when a specific area will be updated. Also, we do not offer high resolution data by order as this imagery will be added when it is available from our providers.

I just looked at my own house using the application and the trees in my yard that were cut down almost two years ago are still there.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The amazing "black triangle" is still visible on Google Earth. It is probably not a UFO or it would have disappeared with updates. Possibly this spot is kept intact by Google because of its popularity.

Another incredible find (posted many times on YouTube) is the huge military zone in northern China including several huge runways, mind-boggling rectangular geometry and curved buildings. I bet they would have been airbrushed if the Chinese government had been consulted. Note that all these constructions are invisible in MS Virtual Earth – maybe because they use older pictures from NASA.

Does anyone know anything about these places in Australia and China? Or are they so secret that no one can even get any info?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
well i saw something on google earth that seemed outdated by six months. They started construction on a shopping center nearby. When i checked the area on Google earth, all that was left was a dirt field.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidy
well i saw something on google earth that seemed outdated by six months. They started construction on a shopping center nearby. When i checked the area on Google earth, all that was left was a dirt field.

I havent checked, but I am pretty sure the "time lag" is intentional. It would really suck if it was real time. Imagine all the cyber stalking.

BTW, someone else posted about Google and their assisting the Chinese government in their hiding information from the Chinese people. It seems to me that those of us NOT in China should boycott them in protest. Particularly those of us here, due to the nature of this site. What they do to the Chinese, they can also do to us. If we dont smack them on the hand and tell them it is unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

The professional version is updated much more frequently and has a lot more nifty tools.

I have not forked out the $400 for the pro version so I can't say from experience only hearsay.

With that being said, the government can censor pretty much whatever they want from google as the [government] could just shut [google] down if there's some places the public shouldn't see for national 'security' reasons.

[edit on 1/21/2008 by biggie smalls]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join