It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth indicates Gov't isn't hiding anything

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Okay, I got to thinking about this whole Google Maps thing - and it's pretty damning evidence that the government is not trying to cover up alien spacecraft.

Let's look at this logically. If you were the U.S. government, and you knew there were these UFOs flying all over the place, and you didn't want your citizens to know about them, would you just give carte blanche to some company (Google) to photograph the entire United States whenever they wanted? It doesn't make sense. If you were the gov't, wouldn't you be worried as hell that they might photograph one of these things? I mean, I *guess* you could have an agreement with them, that anything unusual they found they would have to airbrush out, but then you just add one more entity, and dozens more people you can't control, to the cover-up, which makes said cover-up infinitely more difficult to "cover up". This goes for all photographing satellites out there (of which I understand there are many - from many different companies). How do you keep each one of those in check? Make sure each one of them is erasing all evidence of photographed UFOs? The only excuse I can think of is if there's some system in place whereby all photographic satellite images are first filtered through a government "clean-up" team, before being released to the satellite company. This would make some sense I guess. But I would be very interested to know, from those more knowledgeable on this issue, if that's the protocal involved. Because if Google does have "first-look" access to this picture data, I simply have a hard time believing the government is covering anything up.

Oh, and yes. I have seen the google earth youtube video of supposed spacecraft. The first one is just a white blur and, quite honestly, could be anything. I'm more convinced by dark lights in a night sky. The second one (the triangle) looks like a joke put forth by one of the google nerds. It's way too crisp and clean to the point where it looks fake. It's just not that convincing to me. (yeah, I know, one's too blurry, one's too crisp. Does anything satisfy me?? - sorry, this is the way they look to me)

I'm totally open for debate on this. Contrary to what my post implies, I am not a skeptic. I'm somewhere in the middle. So try and refrain from calling me "stupid" for thinking such a thing, and address me by refuting my theories in an intelligent manner. I will be much more likely to engage you back.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting post, but there are to many questions than anwsers. For example maybe they haven't captured a pic of UFO or maybe they did in the pic's you mentioned, but with 1000's of hoax's for every authentic piece of evidence it is always hard to believe.

It would be interesting if you could link those pic's from google earth you talk about, so everyone can see and judge. As for the part about being called stupid, is stupid..lol.. j/k. Those people who discuss view points by demeaning others are sad people and need to be banned instead of being warned. They are not true ATS members cause this website is here to dicuss the possibilities of the universe, not to convince people of there view points.

Take Care All

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Google has already admitted working with the goverments to hide info they wish to hide, I believe.

Besides, satellite photo is not about taking a snapshot of the entire US every 5 minutes. You're looking at a wide mix of pictures years old. The chance that a UFO would be there are slim to none.

Edit: plus, you could always argue that the satellite photos are taking in daylight. Real UFOs are nocturnal, everyone know that

[edit on 20-1-2008 by merka]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
sorry bout that. here ya go!

youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I understand your reasoning and Ive thought about this often enough too.
But keep in mind that google is not taking these pictures...they buy the pictures. Off of who? Off of the government (NASA, etc.).

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
merka, yes I've thought about the night thing. But even though it's less common, they are seen during the day.

I know pictures aren't being taken every second, but because google maps has to constantly be updated to reflect construction, etc., pictures are being taken at some sort of constant rate.

As far as google admitting to this, do you have any links? I'm not questioning whether they have. I just want to know in what capacity it works. Obviously there has to be some communication there. But how extensive is it? Like I asked before - does Google get the unedited photographs first? Or does the government?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
skyfloating - you may have answered my question right there. But it leaves me with another question.

What do Russia, China, and the U.S. decide to do when they're looking at images of each other's lands (taken from their own respective satellites) and spot a UFO on each other's turf? Do they have some agreement where they just airbrush it out? Cause I guess it makes sense for the U.S. to brush out UFOs over their own country - but what motive do they have to brush out a UFO that they spot over in, say, Cameroon? Or Germany? Or New Zealand?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptnCrunch

Their motive would be to keep the ET/UFO crap under control. I think a better way to have said that sentence is what right do they have in air brushing out UFOs in land they do not own

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That white blur could be something that had not been edited out. Of course, why censor it if you can just edit it out? I'm not totally convinced that the blur isn't something that is supposed to be hidden. Of course, the guy posting the vid on Youtube also could hve edited the video himself. The white blur could easily be made by a paintbrush or something. I don't know much about video editing so bare with me. The triangle i'm not so sure about. It does look fake however, but i can't trace it to the said 'google nerds' or the poster of the video...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the satellite images used over military bases, particularly those in Nevada, home of the infamous Area 51, are much older, stock shots.

I'm sure the governments of industrialized nations are fully aware of the movement of foreign spy satellites and operate aerial traffic based upon strict timing schedules. That said, the possibility of catching a UFO via Google Earth would be a darn sight easier than catching an experimental aircraft if you assume that aliens don't know or don't care about our espionage tactics.

Wouldn't it be great if the general public, through an entity such as Google, put up its own satellites and placed the results in the public domain? No doubt the international courts would find a way to block this attempt, but I suspect the laws governing space are fuzzy at best right now.

Great thread. Interesting comments all.

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptnCrunch
skyfloating - you may have answered my question right there. But it leaves me with another question.

What do Russia, China, and the U.S. decide to do when they're looking at images of each other's lands (taken from their own respective satellites) and spot a UFO on each other's turf? Do they have some agreement where they just airbrush it out? Cause I guess it makes sense for the U.S. to brush out UFOs over their own country - but what motive do they have to brush out a UFO that they spot over in, say, Cameroon? Or Germany? Or New Zealand?

If they wanna cover-up UFOs they would do it no matter where on earth the UFO is spotted.

Furthermore, as I understand it from reading google earths website, most global images come from NASA and ESA. These are organizations which are notorious for having a very limited amount of people in charge of processing photos.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptnCrunch

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the free version of google earth doesn't have a lot of the land features and picture clarify that the 'professional' version does.

Also, I would note that google is in cahoots with the US government on a whole wide range of areas, including helping the Chinese government censor their populace's internet service.

I am positive government do not need to use google earth anyway as they have technologies far more advanced that simple civilian geography/topography tools such as this one.

Your post proves nothing.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My "post proves nothing". Wow, I don't remember ever saying that my post proved anything! I thought I left the topic open for discussion. Keep the anger up brother!

Anyway, I guess I didn't explain myself in my last post. It appers to me that Russia and China both are much more leniant on the topic of UFOs than the United States is, particularly China, who I believe published its findings on UFOs, right? So since China obviously has a similar capacity to photograph the United States from its satellites, what incentive do they have to cover things up (photoshop out UFOs from the U.S., or anywhere for that matter)? I mean, it's no secret that China and the United States don't exactly like each other. It's hard to believe they could be in cahoots about this.

I'm assuming this would be important because there must be some website that China has, or is about to have, that would be similar to Google Earth.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ Lavender

I read somewhere that the satellite images used over military bases, particularly those in Nevada, home of the infamous Area 51, are much older, stock shots.

That would be true. I live on an Air Force base and the images of this base found in GE are at least 5-6yrs old (if not more). I also checked out the last base I was at.....and those images also are many many years old. Really, there isnt a need to keep the GE images of bases current. I dont think everbody needs to see these images. I think some things need to be kept secret.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hey sorry if I seemed a bit confrontational.

I didn't meant to come across that way.

As for China and Russia being more lenient than the US on this topic, I think you'd better check your sources.

Both countries have similar intelligence agencies to the CIA that would prefer most 'national secrets' to be kept secret.

A disclosure event would probably have sever repercussions for those in power because citizens would then ask, 'What else have you been lying about all this time?'

As for the US and China not liking each other, that is also debatable. We sell China all of our scraps and China sells it back to us for top dollar. I think the business arrangement works well for both countries as we don't have the infrastructure for a lot of our waste, and China can gain monetarily from it.

I do not personally like the relationship, but that is neither here nor there.

China, as I mentioned, is censored by google. The average citizen has to sift through the many filters put in place by their internet censorship.

Investigation into the "UFO" topic is considered a death sentence to many, even here in the US.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I never bought the "they're keeping it secret because the citizens would then ask 'what else have you been keeping from us?'" argument, mainly because I think the average person knows that the government is keeping stuff from them. In most cases, it's in the interest of our safety that they do so. But regarding admitting to UFOs, it's kind of the whole shebang. I mean, what more can you criticize the government for keeping from us that's bigger than UFOs? So by admitting to them, everything else would seem insignificant.

For many many years the government denied Area 51. Then they finally admitted to it. I don't remember the average citizen saying "what else have you been hiding from us?" (or any more than did before the announcement)

I mean they have a great excuse for keeping them secret that the average citizen can't really get upset about. "We were using alien technology to help engineer our defense system to protect us against other countries." I don't like the fact that the government might be keeping UFO information from me, but if they came clean and used that as their excuse, I would accept it. I think most people would as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Considering this is the same google who blocked a whole load of Chinese sites as *viruses* at the request of the Chinese government, as the aforementioned sites, don't tow the party line you can't really trust them on anything else can you?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Google has already admitted working with the goverments to hide info they wish to hide, I believe.

They would have to, for "national security" if anything else. Maybe they airbrush sensitive stuff out of the images?
No, the people in charge stand for the truth and would never deceive us...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Years old static photographs indicate world governments aren't hiding anything?

I understand how you came to that conclusion, I just don't see how you can believe it.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
that's just the thing. they aren't years old. I've zoomed in on pictures of an apartment building next to my place that was finished less than 3 months ago. I don't know where this proof is that these pictures are "years old", other than shoddy speculation or outdated questionable internet articles. but hey, point me to the goods and I'll keep an open mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join