It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Smart People Can Read This...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
or can they? I was sent this in an e-mail and found it interesting.

Only great minds can read this, so I sent it to you....

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

Amazing that I read it the first time through, and understood it!

The human brain is an amazing thing....

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I tikhin tsish olyn alipepsl to egnsilh ssrekaep.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Alright! This means I'm smart. I've encountered no problem with reading this encrypted post through the first run.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I tinhk wahaa is porbalby rhgit.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
nact neustrdn a orwd fo ti!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
not only did i read it, i sped read it. (seriously)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
?w'tsah teh Qnoitseu aniag?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
wow, i could read it easlily! I read it without problems like LordInfamous did. I 'sped' read it....

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I wonder.... is there anyone who couldnt read it?

Now, dont be shy..it doesnt mean your not smart...just that you think with a different side of your brain... anyone?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
haha Ive seen these before. I have no problem reading it, and just like lordinfamous and spidy I just read through it really fast with no problem at all. So I guess Im smart!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

Yeah that's a pretty cool study.

Fortunately, not only 'smart' people can read it.

The mind is too wonderful of a thing to waste.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I keep getting this on Myspace... it's annoying. Was pretty funny when my sister couldn't read it though.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Read it myself with no problems as well. Although I admit that I had to pause at a copuple of words though but then again I'm used to reading my own writing which is ussually filled with bad spelling so I'm kinda used to reading scrambled scripting like that. I wonder. Would being a bad speller ( or dylexic for that matter) actually be an advantage since a part of your mind is already setup for unscrambling words?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
As long as the first and last letters in a word remain in their usual positions, the English-speaking human brain is pretty good about unscrambling whatever is in the middle. I would expect that vastly more than 55/100 can read this.

/tn.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Bnieg albe to raed tihs has nthniog to do wtih bineg sarmt. It's the bairn's ntuaral ailbtiy to raed the wrod as a wolhe and not ecah letetr idnivulaldiy, so a vsat mjitoray of ploepe can raed tihs wouthit a poblerm. It's ntaural.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
any english speaking person can read this, its not a measure of intelegince, its a measure of how well your brain (english speaking brain) can read this, the longer it takes, the less reading fluincy you have, so as i re-iterate (sorry if its spelled wrong) its not intelegence, so please stop saying it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I gesus aynone who can raed can raed tihs txet

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think the title of the thread should be changed to 'Only Dumb People Can't Read This...'.

Lowering the bar for what's considered "smart" is keeping with the status quo.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Maybe the OP meant that only smart people are allowed to read it. That would explain why we haven't heard from anyone who couldn't read it.

J/K. I need to stop posting after I take my pain meds. My jokes certainly aren't funny. I could still read it, though.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

Enoyna nac daer taht. Revewoh, siht si drah ot daer. Ni a wef sdnoces, uoy lliw evah a ehcadaeh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join