It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO NET - Texas UFO Footage in 1-15-2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I found this video on YouTube claiming this is a footage from the sky over Texas on 1-15-08. What do you think?

TEXAS UFO 01-15-08

I apologize if this already has been posted.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't know about the guy who filmed this, but every time I'm on an airplane and have a camera with me, I usually have it ready to record more than 43 seconds.

Interesting though, at first I thought he was getting the Sun, but later in the video noticed he was filming down, towards the ground.

Then it hit me, it could be the reflection of the Sun from the aircraft. If that's so, the light should start to faint once they leave that cloud behind, but more footage is needed, about 30 to 60 more seconds should do.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Very cool. Looks like 'something' very bright is under the clouds, below that plane.

Without knowledge of the origin of the video, it will be hard to actually connect it to the Texas sighting.

Or maybe it's an obvious fake, as I am no expert at video analysis.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It looked as though it was heading out from under that cloud. That would have been interesting to see how it looked then.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It looks like a reflection of the sun on the clouds or the sun reflecting off the clouds and leaving a bright spot on the window. They should have moved the camera around.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's an optical effect known as a 'Glory'.
See this site for explanation and examples: Aerial Glory

WG3

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't waste to much time with this video. It doesn't look very convincing to me. There's far more juicer things to bite into right at this moment in time.

There will be people releasing footage claiming it's from Texas but I advise caution. We have to expect hoaxes and probably disinfo.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

I am not really sure if this is the effect that we are seeing. I read what you have posted and it looks nothing like what is in the video. But maybe what they posted was kind of a bad example.

I did think for a minute that it could be ice crystals that is causing this type of lights. (Sun Dogs or Halo Effect) but this video did not show any other signs of that as well.

I am not saying your wrong, I am just saying with the link you posted shows a round color effect with ROYGBIV instead of a large bright light.

Plus the video source is unknown and I can't confirm this was filmed in Texas.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
I don't know about the guy who filmed this, but every time I'm on an airplane and have a camera with me, I usually have it ready to record more than 43 seconds.

Interesting though, at first I thought he was getting the Sun, but later in the video noticed he was filming down, towards the ground.

Then it hit me, it could be the reflection of the Sun from the aircraft. If that's so, the light should start to faint once they leave that cloud behind, but more footage is needed, about 30 to 60 more seconds should do.

I'm going to corret myself:
After watching more carefully, I conclude this cannot be the Sun reflecting from the aircraft to the clouds. I thought it was the Sun reflecting off the Ocean, and the clouds are not thick enough to cover it.

The next picture shows that the plane was indeed flying over the Ocean since the encircled area wouldn't be blue otherwise(this will later be irrevelant, but still, where is Texas?):

So I looked up pictures of such effect, but instead of finding pictures of what I expected(sunlight reflected off the Ocean), found this website:
www.cs.cmu.edu...
Turns out sunlight is actually reflecting of ice crystals in the clouds(they call them Subsuns), and I particularly liked this picture:

Mystery solved?

[edit on 21-1-2008 by daniel_g]

top topics

join