It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where are the secrets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
ok, this may sound unusual, a mix of both pro and con for this site

i have been coming here for about two months now, and there are some really interesting topics covered here, especially liking the various feedback on the current news events...

with almost 4 million posts one would get the idea there are a lot of information here and as the domain name suggests, info that is above top secret, yet here i have this info and questions

4 million posts, with the majority going to a few of the top posters, i have seen mostly small content, two or three line replies making the Majority of the 4 million number, so, strip all them away and left with mostly the intro posts to current news items... break it all down and not that much info afterall

so, where are the top secret info posts? and then, the above top secret posts?

if information the government considers top secret is released somehow, then it would no longer be considered top secret, correct?

then i would further suggest or ask, would not information that is above top secret then Not be known to the government? do you follow?

i dunno, some thoughts that have been collecting for a few days as i am quite familiar with a few of the threads here, it is actually quite addictive really, to visit the top threads page several dozen times a day makes for some familiar type run-ons in most threads, so the info can be gleaned quite quick....

i still have yet to find any concrete proof of various so-called conspiracies

and i still have yet to read or find what i would consider top secret information....

still a fun place to visit on the net, as even though i may not find any such secret stuff here, plenty of words to fill a few hours here... it is kind of like a news clearing house with a instant feedback on the top news of the day

well anyway... off i go to see the latest debate

thanks for your time and have a great day
brian
bc canada

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
AboveTopSecret is just the name of the site, I don't think they are implying everything here is actually 'above top secret'. I wouldn't worry too much, there is still lots of great content here.

There is a forum thats hidden from search engines, but you will need to get 5000 ats points before you can view the Really Above Top Secret forum.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The government will still consider it "top secret" until they publicly release information themselves. Otherwise to them (as well as the average citizen) it's just another nutjob ranting on the internet. There is enough misinformation that the government doesn't have to worry, people have a hard time separating the truths from the lies. Already you have probably seen how much hoaxing and flagrant lying is being posted around. Every once and a while you stumble upon a gem. Keep digging around and you will eventually stumble onto the information you are looking for. Never stop questioning.

But really there is no "absolute proof" of most things discussed here, whether it is a government conspiracy or something like ghosts, UFOs, or bigfoot. If it was absolutely verifyable, it would no longer be a "conspiracy" or "paranormal event". All you can do is gather all of the evidence and weigh it for yourself.

[edit on 1/20/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Okay, Okay I'll come clean

the secrets are in my back pocket

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
One of the coolest things about this site is its name. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't just for the name of this site. It is quite alluring. It is a great and provocative handle. (If you are looking for a stupid name, try "Yahoo" or "Google".)

In years to come, I wouldn't be surprised if a review of ATS posts astounds the future historians at how apt the name of this site actually was.

Patience. Time will tell....

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The secrtets are here alright. But you need a pair of eyes that can see them.

Sometimes when doing research on these topics I try to avoid ATS and run a google search...but where do I always end up when looking for in-depth examination of topics? ATS.

The archives are full of explosive information. But many havent seen them as explosive yet. Time will indeed tell.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There are indeed "secrets" posted here within our four million posts. And truth. Your task is to find it.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by b4tee4
so-called conspiracies

Yuck. If you don't like the site, there are a wealth of Mainstream Media Sites you can patronize.
I don't see any forest, just all these damned trees.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There are plenty of posts with information that the mainstream media don't run with - why don't they run them?
That's up to you to decide, after reading them.

Sometimes there is a mere kernel of truth, hidden in spin.
Sometimes there is a big screaming headline to get your attention.

Sometimes, hidden away is a little gem of information that you won't find anywhere else without digging and digging and digging.

I have done a lot of reading since I joined, and while I don't always agree with people, some of the insights and information are truly great.

Someone already said it, but I'll put it in my own words - think of it as panning for gold - it takes time, but you could be rewarded with a nugget of info that is pure gold.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ah, secrets, secrets, where are the secrets?

Secret to who? Joe Average? Government officials? Corporations? Applicable to which country? After all, what's secret to America might not be secret to Canada or the EU at all.

How secret? Are we talking stuff that is only in a black vault on the other side of a compartmentalized door in an unmarked hallway locked with a spin lock, keycard, and 12-button keypunch? Or are we talking about really important topics that everyone should know about, should be made aware of, and are technically out there in easy reach of a google search, but most people never think to?

What constitutes something that should be considered a really big secret? Does it have to mean the downfall of a company? The loss of life? The loss of billions of dollars? Does it count as a conspiracy if it was just one small business with a few guys embezzeling? Does it count as a conspiracy if it's brazenly out in the open these days, such as the Bohemian Grove? Is JFK secret enough, or does it not count because everyone already knows it's a conspiracy?

Is there a statute of limitations on these secrets? Does something that happened 10,000 years ago in South America count, or does it have to recent? How recent? Is Tammany Hall recent enough? The Moon Landing? The last 2 elections in America? Strictly 2008?

How exotic are we talking? Can it be something as blasé as a corrupt governor fast-tracking 21 coal plants against the wishes of his constituency to get some extra cash from the electric monopoly in his state? Or does it need to be something more like psychic vampires piloting black triangles from Atlantis?

Does the fate of the world need to hang in the balance, or can it be something of relatively minor importance in the grand scheme of things, but very personal to a select few individuals?

The Above Network is not just a whistle-blower site, sometimes we also stick our fingers in the dam, or merely theorize that there might be water on the other side of the levee. Most of the posts in here are done with the intention of discussing matters that are important to each other.

I might, for instance, find it of great concern that there are a number of corporations that are legally operating terrorist organizations under the guise of a Private Military Corporation, their subsequent undermining of democracy, and post a long thread on it, complete with links.

It wasn't any information I had to go on some epic adventure saga to obtain; persistance, google-searches, and lots of reading lent me the majority of the material I needed, all I had to do was string it together coherently. I did not, in fact, do anything that a 5th grader with a home internet connection could not have done, had they taken enough interest in the subject matter. Does the fact that I was able to do it without "stealing" any information whatsoever make it any less important to someone concerned about where their country is headed?

ATS has a lot of faces, and is a conspiracy themed site, but what it's really about is community. We've grown something here that you won't find on any other forum on the net; a community of individuals bound, not by race, creed, color, political, or religious affiliation, but rather in spite of all those things. It's a community as diverse as Earth itself, all here of their own volition, contributing to respective debate and discussion about fringe topics that most people in society refuse to even think about.

And through it all, sometimes we really do make a difference. When hundreds of thousands of people begin to logically, reasonably, rationally, and above-all, respectfully discuss taboo topics, awareness of it grows, then acceptance. We've touched places we've never even considered. Perhaps, because of a spirited discussion on Dark Matter, enough new ideas are raised to convince enough people of import to, say, open up a lab several miles underground to try and capture it. Or perhaps awareness of a particularly nasty law gets stopped in time to avoid having it snip a vital right from the consitution. Perhaps, on a whim, someone high enough in rank sees a post of interest here, reads on, and figures out how to stop a war before it starts.

We all change the world in ways we cannot possibly imagine. One life touches hundreds of thousands, whom all in turn, touch several others each, until soon you have a movement, millions-strong, all starting from one post on a forum somewhere where people could sit down and talk about something that polite society deems "too fringe" to devote any attention to.

The end of the movement might never realize its humble beginning as a post in a thread somewhere, but the simple fact of the matter is that, if you are passionate enough about something to research it, write up an article about it, reference your sources, and are willing to debate and discuss the topic without losing your cool, then ATS is one of the few places left where one person really can make a difference.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I could tell you...

But then I'd have to kill you.

new topics

top topics

join