It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 2012 different to other 'End Time' prophesies?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Reason for the post is just to point out how the 2012 'End Time' predictions are different from the others in past history and in turn could have some validity.

In previous predictions of 'End Times' its usualy one group of believers who have this 'idea', with 2012 it seems there are many groups of different backgrounds/religions/individuals and times that predict this date as significant for man.

Apologies for the amount of links but its just to point out how many different ideas come to one conclusion.

www.youtube.com...

video.google.co.uk...

www.disclose.tv...

www.youtube.com...

www.disclose.tv...

www.youtube.com...

www.disclose.tv...

www.disclose.tv...

www.disclose.tv...

www.disclose.tv...

www.disclose.tv...

www.disclose.tv...

www.disclose.tv...

www.disclose.tv...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.2012endofdays.org...

survive2012.com...

www.greatdreams.com...

www.youtube.com...

Is 2012 different from other false predictions of 'End Times'?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What is claim to be happen in 2012?
End of the world?
Is that some kind of Mayan doomsday?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

I'm no expert but there are many outcomes for the 2012 predictions... from end of the world to the new beginning of man... they all seem to agree on a date though, which I find interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Only what I noticed is that everybody claims it is connected with Mayan calendar and by some researches Mayans marked 2012 as end of world.

Btw, I don't believe in it for several reasons.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The apocalypse, 2012, other endtimes are all allegory and represents the last struggle between the flesh and the spirit when, finally overcoming the world, the illumined soul rises to union with its spiritual Self.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hi All,

There was an interesting program on this topic last night on the History Channel. At least I think it was interesting--I was pretty tired and half asleep. It mentioned different belief systems coming up with the same date of 12/21/2012, also something about web bots which I would like to learn more about. Anyway, the program will be repeated on Sunday 1/27 if anyone is interested. You will need to check for the time in your area.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
see this is not another y2k you skeptics, this is 2012 not a big bang one day, we are seeing the effects now, there is actual information leading up to 2012 galactic alignment, every planet in our solar system is getting warmer, the last 14 years have been the warmest on record and 2007 tied for second, 5 more years of this, plus war, plus us passing thru the center of the milky way which is home to many black holes, id say there some stuff behind this date wouldnt you?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
2012 is the galatic alignment. The Galatic alignment is the end of the age. The end of the age is the end of the time of the age or the end of time and the beginning of the new time. 2012 is also the end of a quad-age. The end of the quad-age is the end of a season.

2012 is the "real deal". Beware!

At no time has a union of peoples accross the globe come together with the understanding of "what time it is" according to a date. I'm not talking stupid church going idiots. I'm talking informed and learned people.

"people have been saying..." only if by generically stating you mean cults, and small groups of church fools.

Again, at no time in history has the globe and people accross all races and creeds come together on one date.

Why is that?

There are over 22 seprate pointers at the date of 2012. These are not just prophets, but science, culture and other aspects.

2012: charted by the mayan calander.
2012: pointed at by lost book of nostradamus.
2012: spoken around by casey.
2012: aligning with Pope Prophecy.
2012: (scientifically) solar maximum of epic rate.
2012: (scientifically) specultated date of pole shift being tracked.
2012: (I could go on with the list, but if you don't see what's going on, you won't)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Revelation 4.

""
In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. 8Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings.

""

This is really the first thing written in the book of revelation dealing with the vision of the events of the second coming associated with "the end of the world".

It is by learned people to be the same as ezikel's statement of the same thing.

four living creatures
like a lion LEO
like an ox Tauris
like a man Aquarius
flying eagle Scorpio (scorpio has a hidden symbolic nature of pheonix or eagle)

It's a sign in "heaven" It's a chartable event. Oh and can you guess what date this falls on?
www.mt.net...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Throughout cultures and lines there is a sybolic representation of a serpent or dragon swallowing it's tail. This is understood to represent changing. It is:

en.wikipedia.org...

and this is the alignment we face in 2012.

www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Just like in marketing, you have to program people to be ready to receive
and accept the waves.......a new fashion cloth or a new car model or a new Las Vagas show....!

Elites control and manage civilisation with a business mind, to understand....
they see you, like you would be a product, a Natural resources or a animal they can use just like in a farm..........!

2012, Maya and end of the world theorys are scare tactics.... propaganda to prepar civilisation to be in a terorised and sheeped mode. Elites will lunch WW3 as the last... stage of the New World Order agenda. Divide to conquer and order into chaos.....that's all it is.....!

with the majority of all civilisation programed to accept the unacceptable.....
the inivitable attack on world population, to create, with all human been that will survive... a World Gouvernement under the control of powerful Elites under a corrupted capitalist and aristocratic's United Nation's system.

STOP thinking as a sheep or you and you child will live like someone's pet......!

fight for freedom............!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The point of the thread was to show how many different 'groups' point to 2012.... its not one group, if it were I would tend to be more agreeable with the NWO being behind it theory. However as its not and as it's pointed to by many different people I very much doubt the NWO can have influence over Maya, Indian and other historical peoples, not to mention the people of today who believe it.... no sheep here.

I also find it interesting that remote viewers and other people who claim to have seen the future cant get past 2012 (yet another group who agree with the 2012 date).

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
NWO... don't...... have any influence over Maya, my point is.. that organisations just like
it would be marketing are using everything for propaganda.

Just like they will use the Malachy last pope prediction to manipulate
civilisation like a scare tactic. if we look at the prophecy the pope
Pope Benedict XVI is the last pope the 111 pope listed before the pope
call Peter the roman how will sacrify the Vatican and see the destruction of
the church.

He is the 111 pope because the Vatican are calling antipope a lot of pope so this
time frame fit will Pope Benedict XVI.

I thing that they are using alot of prophecy together to built a enormous propaganda agenda
to scare population like alot of King did to built there kingdom.

i am not saying that there is any sheep around, i just want to push the idea
that in the past people were easy to scare so Kings would manipulate them.

i find the possibility interesting, maybe it is not a reality but it is a possibility.

2012 is definatly an important date and only future will tell what will it be

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think most people who are educated enough about natural disasters can sense the strong possiblities of big changes. It would seem that this worlds systems needs a global catastrophy of some type to initiate it.

A global crisis may force us to get tagged for rationing etc. I don't expect to become a rebel against change. People are dying in wars and famine everyday and most people have learned to accept it as part of life for some other cultures.

I can only hope and expect that there will be some type of golden age around the corner for at least some of us who survive. I don't think I need all of the details from various links to get the idea.

The claims of 2012 in some way gives people a little more clarity through science rather than some vengeful god prophecy. Some mention salvation of some sort, but still don't really know the details either. Either way, we're about to find out. This might be the final piece of the puzzle between science fact and human mythology.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If the true end is 2012, We should start noticing things taking place to lead to the end time prophecy according to the bible right now. I am not just talking about the "normal" stuff that has been happening for years (earthquakes, terrorism).. I am talking something out of the ordinary that changes the way we do business as Americans. Possible war, something bigger than what we currently have seen in the last few years.

A multi-country war of some sort, full out war.. not just here and there stuff like we see now.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Ronnie6657]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronnie6657
If the true end is 2012, We should start noticing things taking place to lead to the end time prophecy according to the bible right now. I am not just talking about the "normal" stuff that has been happening for years (earthquakes, terrorism).. I am talking something out of the ordinary that changes the way we do business as Americans. Possible war, something bigger than what we currently have seen in the last few years.

A multi-country war of some sort, full out war.. not just here and there stuff like we see now.

The Global "Stage" with the nations as players has been taking place since the late 80s.

I'd look at Dec21 2012 to be a pinical date as we get closer to that date more world calamity will be viewable.

I'd like to take a stab at the beinging war date, but we are already at war.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think what we are seeing is a state of cold-war. In the last few years, I see a big country (USA), taking down smaller countries because it was pissed off over 9/11/2001 and felt like it was in danger.

That was war indeed.. but not quite the war that we should expect before 2012, in order to bring out prophetic events as shown in the bible.

We need something bigger to happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Since there seems to be well versed end time prophecy students here, I was wondering,

how many predictions for an apocalypse/conscioSHIFTusness besides 2012 & beyond 2012, do we have on record?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
2012 is pretty much exactly the same as all the others. It's more well known then Planet X so a lot more people will accept the claims people make about the world ending. What you believe in more? Random planet that you never heard of hitting us or something that has been talked about throughout time that no one understands?

With the internet now it's a lot easier for the people who jump on every end of the world theory to get their message of make believeness out there (I am not saying everyone lies or doesn't believe what they are saying).

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

Boy You hit the nail on the head...and its a doozy when you start to really look at the sheer amount of worldwide evindence in the 2012 prediction.

I just finished reading Planet X Forecast and the 2012 survival guide.
The amount of different tribes of people from all over the world that have legends about the last flyby of "the Destroyer" or the Celtic "frightener" aka Planet X is overwhelming.

I have some background in Remote Viewing ...so i started looking into any past evidence of RVers having targeted this event.There is not much out there.In his book The Ultimate Time Machine by J Mocmoneagle he seems to say that all is well and normal right up until the year 3000...but if you look more closley and read between the lines you see that he predicts (through the use of remote viewing) that the future population will be 1/3 rd of what it is today but he never really explains why this is.I am almost certain at this point that he knows more than he lets on.Here is all he has to say about Planet X.

"Planet X, the tenth planet in our solar system will be verified in the year 2015.It will have an eliptical orbit with a mean distance from the sun of 51.50 AU, and a density of approximately equal to that of Mercury".(page 216)

The cool thing about this book is that it was written in 1998 so allot of predictions are taking place now.Lets hope that Joe Mocmoneagle is right!!.

Parker

p.s nice work Incarnated on the visuals and zodiac time table.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by parker]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join